Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bring back Gina Carano!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ben Smash posted:

She's so loving fine, yo. She was good in Deadpool, nice to see her getting work.

She is one of the like 3 good looking pro MMA fighters in the world. And that's including both sexs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

evobatman posted:

Ronda is never coming back.

For her sake I hope she doesn't. Women's MMA is still growing and Ronda is like the Karo Parisyan of women's MMA. Good until actually well rounded fighters show up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I slept with a home schooled girl once. It was nothing special. Was hoping for a bunch of crazy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dreddout posted:

Lol if you wouldn't.

I wouldn't just because of the hair. Looks like a white chick vacationing in Jamaica.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rousey was good at one thing and when that became not enough to win she quit. It's like that kid that was super good at cherry bombs in tetherball, but once people started standing far enough away to bounce it back they lost and threw a temper tantrum and cried and said they thought about killing themselves on national TV because thats just what people do.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Decrepus posted:

Rotunda Rousey

This is a quality joke.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I've watched a few MMA fights in my day, but I know jack poo poo about actual fighting and techniques. And I'll be honest, a leaf falling from a tree onto my head almost gives me a concussion, so a question...

When a dude throws an elbow into some guy's face or is doing the ol' elbow-strike-to-the-head-over-and-over move, how are they avoiding shattering their own elbows or hitting their funny bones?

Elbows are harder than most other bones and if they hit their funny bone there's enough adrenalin pumping through them that they wouldn't notice. Sort of like if you've ever run from the police and sliced your leg open hopping a fence.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

argondamn posted:

Side note I wish this thread was about Bas Rutten cause he's really cool and definitely would not lose to any number of ninja

Dadankededankedadank

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

Which guy was it who looked like a total slob but managed to dominate one of the divisions with the fierce strategy of "never stop throwing haymakers"

Can't believe no one seriously answered your question, but you are obviously thinking of the single best MMA fighter, and the one that should be closest to all goons' hearts, Roy "Big Country" Nelson.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Roy nelson

* almost impossible to knock out
* can knock you out easily
* is very rotund

Apparently he's good at basketball too. And he posted this picture of himself training for Struve:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eh, Rousey was built up so much because she was the only thing to hang women's MMA on. Now that it has its own legs we don't need her anymore. Being retired is probably best for her. Focus on her acting career or something.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Trast posted:

In MMA nutritionist means drug dealer.

There's actually a really good MMA nutrition video here. It's worth a watch for everyone.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fire Barrel posted:

As for hockey players, I've met a few that could take some pretty big hits and still get up. Not sure how helpful that would be, but being tough can't hurt in that situation.

Hockey players who are good at "hockey fighting" are usually pretty good in regular bar fights since thats what a hockey fight is. Just beat on someone until they fall down and wait for someone to pull you off. Pulling someone's shirt over their head and upercutting them is a tried and true bar fight tradition as is the ol' grab shirt and throw haymakers. In a pro-tier MMA type fight they would get wrecked like all the other "bar tough" guys that try their hand at MMA.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jonathan posted:

Mike Tyson is my favorite fighter of all time and Fedor is my fav MMA fighter of all time. Second being Andrei Arlovski.

The Fedor vs Arlovski fight was pretty amazing although somewhat short. Arlovski was the dominant fighter, Fedor was the emotionless patient chessmaster that he's always been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LazsV89qHI

I loved that fight because it's as close to a Tekken air juggle that we're gonna get in fight sports.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Isn't that one of those weird lady cups (don't know the word). Gymnists and swimmers wear them too. Hides the camel toe.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Harrower posted:

The best part about the Ronda/Holm fight was that Joe Rogan was talking for months about how Ronda was the greatest female fighter of all time and what an absolute privilege it was to be able to see her perform. Then when she lost he did a complete 180 and rarely talks about her at all unless asked directly.

I guarantee that he talked about her because that's the narrative the UFC wanted to promote. When was the last time you heard someone talk down a current champion ramping up to a title fight? Hell, what about a challenger?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

That gifs not even slowed down is the worst part

Maybe it was a knock out shot and the world slowed down. Like in a video game.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

proof of concept posted:

I'm just saying that this is the thread about real fighters really fighting, like these guys:

Smooth balance. They're both Champs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Smooth balance. They're both Champs.

Sorry. Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth baldness.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sorry, smmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooottttyttttttttthhhhhhhhhhuhh bababalance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fighter, for fighter. Good times.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The gif'd my posting?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

If she fucks up a Patrick Swayze classic, I'm going to be livid

The man was basically a dancing, fighting angel

Well start being livid cause there's no way that's gonna be a good movie. Think they'll leave the "I used to gently caress guys like you in prison" line in there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is the Roudhouse movie even still going on? You'd think the studio would pull it since no one cares about Rousey anymore. Would be better with Gina Carrano anyways. Or an actual actor that can act instead of trying to tie it in with MMA. Or just stop remaking loving movies already.

• Locked thread