Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

Give me squad perks like a mortar or artillery barrage.

Yeah, I would really like this. A directable off map artillery strike would be pretty awesome.

Or a heavy bomber carpet bomb strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

lambskin posted:

So I've noticed a few people using the ribeyrolles. Any idea how to unlock it?

wait, what?

edit: from posts around the net it seems it's showing up in people's armory but they have absolutely no clue what they did to obtain it.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
beaten

I'm happy about this because I love the Ribeye

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Yeah, I really have no issue just shredding dudes with the coax.,

Here's a thread-wide PSA: DO NOT take the slugs in the Auto 12. I went from just totally wrecking dudes, to having ONE kill with it since I took that spec. They're not very accurate and the damage drop off is horrendous. The thought of grinding through two more levels with it to re-spec is really bringing me down

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

zooted heh posted:

Idk I found the vehicles in this game pretty fast. On top of being able to drive over most of the terrain in the game and besides falling off a bridge there's not too much fall damage.

I just can't back up in any of the tanks cuz the joysticks are so drat sensitive when working them. That could be a personal issue.

I clean up a lot of players with the anti Infantry tanks because of smoke. If I got my squad in there the side gunner should be jumping out and mopping them up. The 2 seater Valentine is pretty slick too.

Yeah, the Valentine is pretty quick, but it does take a minute to get up to speed. But blasting out across panzerstorm laying waste is loving awesome

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it doesnt, you can play any mode I promise, it just doesn’t work a lot of the time for no discernible reason

Yeah it’s actually

lambskin posted:

I mean it works differently than bf1. It puts a marker on the location you spot, and tells you how many metres away it is. It will change to a red mark if you spot an enemy, but it won't follow them if they move.

It’s really awesome to put a marker down on ridge line with a couple snipers on it and see a billion tracer rounds converge on that one spot

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The BF coins system for cosmetics starts January 13th. Already people are freaking out about micro transactions even though everyone knew that they were gonna charge for cosmetics like, four months ago.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Waroduce posted:

Thinking about picking this up on sale for 30 bux. I've heard a lot of negative buzz, but I really enjoyed battlefield back In the 1942 days. I've only played on PC but it's not an option now. What's the goon consensus on this game?

I feel like I'm burning out a little on call of duty and looking for something more tactical than that but isn't as serious or unforgiving as counter-strike.

What's the best way to play with goons. Everyone on my friends list is from monster hunter, madden or blops....

Please link discord or meta tag?

The game is really fun. Some stuff is a bit janky right now, but they’re ironing stuff out pretty fast. I highly recommend it.

Do you have Xbone or PS4?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

FastestGunAlive posted:

It’s hilarious how many chuds are still mad about that and claim that the game sold poorly because dice “insulted their fan base”.

My new favorite is the people saying “women screeching in my ear for medics ruins my immersion” lol imagine being that mad

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Falken posted:

Had some fun games yesterday, fallen in love with the Gewher 43. That thing just knocks people down so easy.

Also, I love how so many people are creating their own misery due to the fact that women, or "femoids" as the incel community likes to refer to them are in the game. "WHATS NEXT?! TRANSGENDER BLACK PEOPLE?!".

I was super disappointed the Germans only had white people to choose from

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

BTW I'm going to predict the Soviet planes by category:

Fighters: La-5 and La-7
Medium Bomber: IL2 Sturmovik
"Heavy" Bomber: PE-2

I’d love a Lavochkin, but I’ll bet it’s a Yak-3 and a Yak-9. An Il-2M3 with the huge cannons is gonna be so fun :allears:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

I'm going with the La-5 because when you ask people to picture a WW2 Soviet fighter the La-5 is what they picture.

Honestly if I had my druthers it would be an La-5, a Yak-3, and a P-39. Yeah I know there's only two fighter slots right now, I still want the drat Airacobra, that thing rules (at lower altitudes and oh would you look at where all the BF5 fights take place?).to

Agreed!!!

I still gotta go with the Yak. I mean, to be totally honest I would much rather have an La-7, but you can still see Yaks at airshows, most Soviet WW2 fighters in Western museums are Yaks, and we fought Yak-9s in Korea. I think it’s probably more well known. Also so far all the fighters we have use inline engines, no Tempests or 190s, and there’s even concept art with an MC.202. But don’t get me wrong, I would much rather have those big beautiful radials.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Zzulu posted:

Why the symbol is banned? Was it a rallying thing for real nazis or somethng?

Are you seriously asking if the loving swastika is a rallying icon for nazis? Because uhhhhh... yeah it is.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Parkingtigers posted:

Literally no-one is saying that, and people making nazi imagery in the emblem creator is precisely WHY we can't get a more authentic WW2 game because look at the state of it.

Basically this. It's not just the logo, it's more that the overall visual language is just missing a certain something something. I think the customisation options exacerbate this somewhat too, as Allied soldiers are a real mishmash of British and American uniforms. They look mostly period appropriate, but it's not that whole cohesive and... well, uniform... look that you expect.

BF1 nailed the visual silhouette thing, with the whole support class gets backpacks, recon had long coats/capes, medics had crutches etc. I know some people like the customisation, but going to this after having classes you could eyeball from 200 metres, AND the other stuff about it not quite looking like WW2 due to a variety of things that don't follow the expected WW2 visual language we are all familiar with, and it's just all a little off.

But still having a good time with the game, and certainly when the vehicles are in play it gets much more of the experience I want from a WW2 game. Just can't yet find a class and/or weapon that clicks with me. In BF1 I was naturally drawn to scout and support, here I'm flailing in every category. Doesn't help that I hate the Lee Enfield so I need a bolt action more to my suiting.

I miss melee kills too. So far I've only got one, and I'm peering down iron sights at long distance targets more than I expected. Combat is happening at more extreme ranges this time, chokepoints around flags excepted. I still wanna unlock bayonets for any gun that can fit them, because I will not let that die in 2019.

I absolutely do not understand people that say "it doesn't look like WW2" because it absolutely does? I mean, the base uniforms for the sides (which most people have equipped) are pretty much spot on British/German uniforms. There's the sound of Merlins and Db.601s filling the air, panzers and churchills. A dude yelling at you in a german accent, etc.

Also please explain to me why there should be gigantic red (I'm assuming red since you're describing a german airfield) banners flying everywhere and hanging off everything on aerodrome? Like do you really think that there would have been huge banners hanging off the sides of the hangars or something? Because despite what you see on the history channel or in a call of duty game that happened exactly never.

It cracks me up when people drag on about what WW2 "looks like" and then you find out that their idea of what WW2 looks like is entirely informed by stuff like Inglorious Basterds or Wolfenstein 3D or something.

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 9, 2019

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I really loving hate that you can't interrupt animations. They're so poorly thought out. I shouldn't be locked into a revive, or a reload.

Pretty sure if you’re reviving a teammate just press X (for Xbox) and it should cancel the revive, don’t think it works for a mele kill though

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I can’t wait to unlock the Webley but is it anywhere near as fun as the No.3?

Also breakthrough games for attackers are about to get much better with squad reinforcements getting buffed with call in artillery and smoke rounds. Imagine like 4 squad leaders getting together and coordinating layered smoke and HE. Probably won’t ever happen but drat, the possibilities.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Tei posted:

I am frustrated how unwelcoming is to people like me. I love the BF games, and I would love to play a BF game again.

I have tried again this weekend to play and enjoy BFV, but bounced on the surface again. I am a small minded pitiful petty idiot.

I hope they add a lot of unlocks to each class and a whole set of maps with more "flavour".

Yeah we know, we also don't care that you don't like the game, man. I'm sorry you don't but we're all in here talking about playing the game that's been out for three months. By now, if you aren't having fun you should have realized that and stopped playing.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

lambskin posted:

Headshots are one hit kills in close range so yeah it owns

gently caress yeah. Gonna be like the drat Obrez

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Where to heck do I build stationary weapons this assignment is dogshit

The two villages on Fjell are full of them, but only support players can build stationary weapons. Can also build AT and AA guns. I dunno man I did it in like, two rounds I think? Also just find one then have a buddy with c4 blow it up and rebuild it

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

lambskin posted:

16vs16 sounds like it would be much more reasonable.

It may be having the same issue that frontlines small is having right now where it’s 8v8 instead of 16v16. :dice: said it’s unintentional and it may be something they can fix on the back end

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Support weapons for me begin and end with the Auto 12 with slugs right now. Finally got the slugs figured out. You can still reliably OHK dudes in close from the hip, and with the headshot damage multiplier it's basically the drilling only better in every possible respect except damage drop off, and even that isn't too bad with the slugs because the Auto 12 holds five rounds to the drilling's 2x1 and it's semi auto. If you haven't tried this yet you're really doing yourself a disservice.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

The Bananana posted:

I'd be interested in subscribing to your weekly newsletter

Next issue will have my thoughts on the Selbstlader 1906 and info on the monthly pancake breakfast

Also, I really need to check my notifications more often because... uh, whoa

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

From the other thread, full patch notes:

Patch Notes posted:

Skeet shooting: Improve your accuracy in the skeet shooting arena with various difficulty
levels.

gently caress yes

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Hot Diggity! posted:

Shooting down planes with panzer / piat will never get old

It's not quite as satisfying as an extreme range SMAW/TOW kill on a Viper or Littlebird crew, but yeah it's pretty loving good stuff.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Noctone posted:

Yeah agreed, the visuals and audio when you blow up a plane in BFV just lack the punch of hitting a heli or jet in BF4.

I'll have to tweak into a .gif but I've got a great teamplay clip of me killing an A-10 with a Javelin from waaaaay downtown, and because it was laser guided it does the top attack and just creams this loving guy. I'll post it in here later this evening.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I can’t figure out how do the gif, but the good part starts at 18s

https://xboxclips.com/CASTLE%20BR4V0/50251364-8b72-40e8-8cff-1b58b9510ffb/embed

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

XBros need a skylord. Getting tired of this poo poo. Come back scrub guy and nicko

I'm strangely extremely invested in GTA Online with some friends right now :(

The community is garbage but I just can't stop.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Did they do something to way planes handle? Even my fully upgraded spitfire feels bad. I have been playing a lot of Ace Combat lately tho

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Captain Log posted:

Do any of my old BF3 buddies still play on the Bone?

(OldCaptainLog on Xbox)

Look me up @ CASTLE BR4V0, I'm usually on pretty late though.

Boy uh... didn't realize that they had added call-in artillery strikes. Goddamn that was unnerving being underneath that the first time. The smoke strike is a huge blessing.

So I know this isn't really the thread for it, but are any xboners gonna be playing World of Warships when it releases this month? I'm probably going to sink (heheh) a ton of time into it.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Captain Log posted:

The only time I squadded up I was with three very young sounding "on base" Marines talking in full on "God only knows what" speak.

"Hoo ah boy oh boy got a Tango Foxtrot on your six drop some atty on 'em over and out heading 246er." :stare:

I used to play BF1 with a former Army marksman (his platoon leader at one point had been Robert Bales :stare:) and he would send me forward on the map and he would sit back on a field gun firing at max range and I would talk him on to the targets. It was actually pretty cool.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Yeah I mainly mentioned that he was an army guy because the previous poster was talking about playing with jargon spouting marines. Sorry I upset you dude. I also had a marksmanship badge when I was in the military so chill the gently caress out ok?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Battlefield 1985

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

I found BF1’s campaign trailer to be way more compelling that V.

Not that it matters much.

ftfy

BF3s is mad good. Rock and a Hard Place all day.

Also here’s a controversial opinion... Medal Of Honor 2010 was awesome.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

I honestly sort of like BF4's campaign despite how reviled it is for reasons I don't understand.

The squad engagement system was broken as all hell was my main issue with it.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Gonz posted:

Put Golmud Railway in BFV.

yes

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

I was thinking last night while playing how the game was getting kinda stale for me and then I remembered that e3 was coming up and I wake up to this.

Well heck yeah

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

Maybe they'll update the map slightly and relieve some of the nastier chokepoints.

ahahahahaha who am I kidding :dice:

lol yeah right

Forget Metro and just remake the entire Close Quarters DLC from BF3

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Just discovered the assault class’s grenade bundle/“Geballte Ladung” can damage infantry. Not the explosion, bonking someone in the head with the initial throw actually does a chunk of damage

That will happen with all grenades. I get more damage from just beaning dudes in the face with the impact grenades than the actual explosion from them.

Also, the bolt action carbine that the medic gets is loving radical. It even has an attached grenade launcher, poo poo is for real.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

"New Vehicles; including boats"

hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Reddit sucks imo