Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

so on ps4 are the servers busted in a "nobody can play this right now" way? or is it more of a "keep refreshing to go online and eventually it will work" way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the artillery trucks are actually pretty monstrous

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

rip servers again

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

they just released an update that unlocked all the weapons and gadgets for everybody

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Philosopher King posted:

I'm hearing conflicting reports that this game is gonna be aviliable at 3am est instead of 12 est.

Mine says 3am too now

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the trench support fighter is extremely my poo poo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

so does the tank hunter special just not exist anymore or something? I don't think I've seen a single instance of it yet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sunday at work posted:

What audio settings on PS4 will make footsteps and vehicles audible before they kill me or run over me? I have stereo and headphones set now but the only thing that makes any appreciable sound is the horse.

Footsteps are really quiet in this game, and honestly I'm ok with it, I always thought it was kinda dumb that if you were approaching some guys from behind the only thing determining whether one of them turns around and shoots you from 60 feet away is whether or not any of them own headphones irl

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

CornHolio posted:

My PS4 is hooked up to my wireless and as a result, I constantly get the little latency and low FPS icons. Game usually plays fine though. Should I run an ethernet cable into my basement or am I good?

I have mine on ethernet and they still pop up every now and then but like you said the game plays smoothly so I just ignore them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

swordfish duelist posted:

I have over ten kills with the spotting flare already and I have zero shame about it. I love playing as a scout with a M95 or K98 infantry rifle.

Pop a flare moving in, throw some gas at any little icons on the minimap and keep on cappin'

What's really fun is using spotting flares when you have a train/dreadnought up, since it marks them for the main guns. Fire a flare at a nice spot that the other team is holed up in and wait for the fireworks

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

schrodinger's sniper rifle: simultaneously both 1 hit kill OP bullshit and the most useless loving thing in the game

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RCarr posted:

This, a thousand times. I have no idea why pressing sprint doesn't automatically make you stand up, like it does in every other game ever made.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Anyone else ever get the impression that everyone else's gun is way more powerful than the gun you've got? Like, bad mans are all "that sure is a nice LMG you're unloading into my chest, but check this out: *flicks cigarette in your face*" *dies*

to be fair the LMGs are pretty weak, the default LMG egregiously so

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sunday at work posted:

I wish support had the placeable AT mines. What the hell am I supposed to do with one limpet mine? Assault should be the class trying to tag vehicles.

you can restock your own explosives

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Runs up and sticks limpet to tank
Runs back to ammo crate
One one thousand two one thousand three
Gets exploded to gently caress by tank

maybe you are not meant to win the vital tank vs single support matchup

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

I just picked up a sentry kit for the first time ever. Wow, it really is bad.
Takes forever to reload, only a 25 rounds magazine and the recoil is incredibly bad. Nothing "elite" about that kit whatsoever.

There's a second more common variant with a 200 round lmg that you get instead

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

can you kill people with the repair wrench

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

super macho dude posted:

There's one Level 10 gun to unlock for each class.

Two, one pistol and one primary gun

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Born in Bexhill posted:

Make sure to only open your battlepacks while in the main menu; not in a game. Then you get the sweet crowbar the lock and lift animation. Huahhhhh!

higher quality battlepacks have better lock opening animations

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Born in Bexhill posted:

This is amazing. I haven't bought the superior one yet. Does he drop kick the crate open?

he shoots the lock off with a pistol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the arty truck is the light tank's cooler older brother

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

With AT grenades you want to arc a little higher, both because they don't travel as far as normal grenades, but also because they detonate on impact and vehicles are usually so big that unless it's right in your face it's pretty hard to overthrow completely while it's very easy to underthrow

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Massive patch notes: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58616/battlefield-1-fall-update-notes-11152016

Highlights include:
  • Suez conquest now has 5 flags
  • 40 man operations now has 200 tickets, 64 man has 250
  • A bunch of LMG accuracy and suppression buffs
  • Mortars now are less accurate if you fire them quickly
  • Nerf to AA guns
  • Buff to various bombs and sights for planes
  • Snipers now get 2x incendiary or gas trip mines
  • Microtransactions for battlepacks coming soon
  • poo poo ton of other fixes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oh and a huge one I forgot to mention:

Requesting an order now makes you squad leader after 60 seconds if you don't get an order

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

How do you give orders as a squad leader?

look at an objective and spot

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the Periscope rules in operations because it essentially becomes a way to direct your lovely pubby sniper fire. Just look at whatever ridge their team is all sniping from and light em up

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Didn't the slugs in BC2 have no drop and no damage falloff?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jimbot posted:

I love the artillery truck. It eats tanks, the machine gun is a laser beam, the artillery piece is a sniper rifle, small ordinance drop. If I find a good spot I can support the entire battlefield. Reminds me of my Bad Company 2 tank days. Is the Howitzer loadout for the small tank good for support too or should I just stick to the truck?

The arty truck is indeed a monster

The howitzer light tank is pretty garbage, there's an absurd amount of drop to your shots and the damage against infantry is insultingly bad.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

What, if anything, can infantry do to take down horse without being beheaded multiple times? Other than hide in building?

The sword cannot hit you if you prone. You can be run over by the horse but it has a pretty wide turn radius, especially when running, so juke to the side and hit the deck and he won't be able to get you

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Which Automatico variant do you guys use and why? I keep hearing good things about the weapons but I'm not sure which one I should use.

Trench 100%, the gun is meant for hip firing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It was the best fighter plane before too, I've been rocking the exploding darts since day 1

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Beastie posted:

So does the bayonet affect accuracy on a Red Orchestra level or is it barely noticeable? I've removed them on everything but shotguns and my Experimental-wielding Scout.

They actually seem not to affect accuracy at all, the only difference seems to be a slight increase in how long you recover from sprinting

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

if you dont pull the trigger with your index finger like god intended then the terrorists have truly won

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Tei posted:

I am tryiing to teach myself the use of the arty truck, but withouth much luck. Is absurd OP on mount grappa austrian side, but I don't get it anywhere else. I am addicted to vehicles with cheap autorepair powers.

If you need to practice aiming long shots with it, try using the field guns lying around; they have extremely similar, if not the same, bullet drop and velocity on shots

e: here's some countersniping on sinai

https://giant.gfycat.com/NeighboringWideeyedGecko.webm

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 1, 2016

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Beastie posted:

Yeah everyone online was praising BF1 for SP and when I tore through it I just kept thinking "It's just like every other BF campaign."

They are miles better than BF3/BF4 campaigns but that's an incredibly low bar

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Elliptical Dick posted:

I just completed the legion of the skull medal. Is it just me or is the general level of people that play TDM much lower than conquest and rush? I was consistently in the top 3 with k/d at least 2 for 6 rounds.

It's because anyone who picks TDM in a battlefield game clearly doesn't have much history playing video games

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If I could use the frommer stop auto on every class I would

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

WookThisWay is my favorite battlefield username I've seen

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the fact that you can't throw the limpets like a frisbee is a goddamn travesty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Welcome New Players; Tips and Tricks to Be Not Terrible: A Handy Reference Guide

1. never use any gun that has the word factory in it's name. Factories are the tool of capitalist overlords to enslave the working class, and the history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles

2. the best class is, in order: medic assault scout tanker pilot cavalry

3. the best map is the one in europe

4. america as a result is the weakest country to play as since they never receive their +5 combat strength bonus for fighting on their home continent

5. all praise to the almighty artillery truck