Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I love my mg34

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Any ps4 crew?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I got slam hosed last night by a ju88.

He got me. I admit it.

I spent all my time trying to shoot him down, and instead got killed by him, or his twin posse of bf109s.

I was livid

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

What's the best configuration for the vb spitfire and g6 109 for dogfighting?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Glitch warning or reminder:

Do not try to view Assignments while dying, or while selecting a spawn point.

It will cause you to develop astigmatism, and no longer be able to make any input.

Have to restart the game.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Will there be a Pacific theater?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I play.
Got a mic

On ps4

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I'm on right now.

GhostStalker512

Ps4

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Beastie posted:

I feel like Stukkas need a bit of a nerf. I poo poo down three planes and two bombers last match with a spitfire.

I got on two different Stukkas tails and they were able to switch seats and shoot me down with that rear gun.

On top of that they just eat damage. I don’t think I had made either smoke.

loving agreed. Same with a couple other planes with a rear gun

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I am

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Rorobb posted:

Weird that this is on sale for $30 - makes me a little nervous about the game's future

I view it as a positive:

They're going for proliferation,

At 30 bux, I think they aim to build as large a playerbase as possible, then

Microtransactions?

Idk, I got nothing.

All I can see is the larger a player base the better for online gaming and lifespan of this game

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Fuuuck that Target deal is tempting. I was hoping for a good sale on PSN before Christmas so I’d have a little time for Red Dead Online.

I gots to shout out to the goon who tipped us off about the 30 target. and the best buy steel book with price match.
Just picked up both from best buy for the wife. Squad mate nuptials.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m really feeling this playstyle and spec in general. I just switched my supports to it. Now I just need to try to break away from the KE7 for something better suited for the spec.

My friend, have you heard of our lord and savior, the MG42?
I'll just leave you with this pamphlet.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is that the second unlock that requires being prone to ads? I tried it and couldn’t hit poo poo but I went in the mindset of RAMBO and that doesn’t quite work.

I’ll try it again properly I swear!

True yeah. I only play conquest but I like domination or whatever the smaller infantry focused mode is too. I like to move a lot but I’m finding the constant feed of points while suppressing keeps me a little more patient. It reinforces that I’m helping when I’m hanging back instead of pushing.

2nd unlock is the mg34, which carried me all the way to level 20 support.
Yes, you have to go prone with it to make it worth a drat.
Mg42 is the bigger badder brother at lvl 20

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

Got your invite. I also help maintain the goon platoon (our tag is [butt]) so apply for it and I'll get you in so you can just party up with butt members anytime one is on.

I believe I was in [Butt] for bf4,

But if I'm not, could you please add me?

PSN: GhostStalker512

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

A Typical Goon posted:

Air fights in Fjell are fun, otherwise map is utter garbage

Agreed

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I dont think this game isnt fun.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Anyone one right now?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Good gaming tonight with whoever gave me AA cover while I knocked out planes in my Me109.
It was badass

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

They neutered my Bf109g6

I used to run
High altitude,
20 mm explosive rounds
Nitro
And maneuverability

But the update cut the link of nitro to maneuverability

Wtf.

Also they cut the ammo way down on my fighters.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Julius CSAR posted:

Holy poo poo, there’s new weapons in Tides of War?!

Like what

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

WALLGOD posted:

It's basically the AEK of this game. Barely any recoil and fires super quick. The low mag size balances it though in my opinion as you can't get more than two or three guys before having the reload.

Also AA feels bugged for me. I have to lead way too far for the game to register as a hit even if they are flying in a straight line at me. Maybe I'm just bad :shrug:

MAYBE!

lol, I'm just kidding

I dont even know you, guy

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Yep, ps4, butt crew, etc

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

red19fire posted:

I’ve used the German flak cannon to good effect. You have to shoot bursts, and lead so that the flak explodes on the plane body. I’ve done 80 damage on bombers, and just shredded everything else to the point of making skylords ragequit.

On the bridge level enemies can shoot tank rounds directly into the German spawn. Fantastic design.

Also, am I missing something with repairs? I drove the Churchill alligator tank, took some damage that resulted in a red outline on the hull. I did the self repair, limped to a supply point to repair, then got out to try the repair torch on the burning gas tank. I had 100% vehicle health and still the red outline and slowed movement.

Red outline means damaged parts, like turret or treads or whatnot.

I believe you have to manually repair that. Not instant repair, unless you've unlocked the repair spec for that vehicle which usually repairs damage statuses.
Since you were in the churchill, you might not have been a driver/engineer, might could be you didnt have the blowtorch to repair broken statuses.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Y'ALL READY FOR SOME GAMIN'?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Karma Comedian posted:

Is this the actual bfv thread now?

What does the thread title say?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

excuse me sir, SIR

can I speak to your squad manager please

Lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

gently caress THE MEDIC CRATE CHALLENGE, and by extension, the medic crate.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

El Jebus posted:

Pssst... play with a buddy, stay near your spawn, buddy throws incendiary grenade and walks through it, takes damage, heals from your box, retrieves new grenade from spawn ammo box. Repeat until you’ve healed them for 400 points.

Well where the gently caress are you?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Oh, word? I've had this weird glitch for a couple days now where I can only build an thing up to about 60%

Is that happening to others?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

You're real mad about video games

No, I kinda feel like theres a bit of a poi t to be had there

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Gonz posted:

Speaking of bayonetes, are there any guns in this game that have them? I so desperately miss those kills from the last game. I know there wasn't a lot of focus on bayonetes in WWII, but it'd be nice if there was at least one gun that allowed me to scratch that itch in BF5.

I know a few of the assault class guns can be spec'd to sport a bayonetta

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Jebus, you gonna get on?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Good battlefielding tonoght.

I think we have to come up with a better way to organize larger groups. Very cool problem to have. I'm glad so many butt goons were getting on.

Sorry I had to bail suddenly.

My wife's Switch broke, and I had to help her with that.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

Even on my launch PS4 + 1080p screen I don’t have any issues seeing enemies.

Same

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

For REAL,

lol at hiding or doing anything other than actively seeking out targets to own since like... goldeneye times

Hey,
Thanks for the invites last night. Sorry I couldn't join
I was running with some work friends

Will try again today

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Live At Five! posted:

I just read the PC BFV thread and literally everyone was complaining that the ttk changes have ruined the game. Personally I've had way more fun since the patch came out so I wonder if it's just the difference between PC and console. Reading comments about the Bren being garbage and then getting 50+ kills in a round with it are hard to reconcile. What do yall think about the changes?

No, I'm on ps4, and I prefer the original ttk, and I'm still having those instances of multiple hits coming suspiciously close together hinting at ttd still being the real issue

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Any butts online this morning?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

zooted heh posted:

What if supply drops had weapons in them too? something your squad could all control like a small mortar? puts some gadgets in there.

I like this idea.

Some one fax this over to dice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

El Jebus posted:

... Faxes? Come on, it's 2018 for a few more days... DICE is still using carrier pigeons.

Very in character of them for ww2

Are you on?