Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Has anyone made a Community on PS4 yet? If not, i'll do that when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Ok, I made the PS4 community. It's called "Battlegoons" and the current game it's set to is BF1 open Beta. I figure we can use it for all the PS4 BF games, let's do this poo poo.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Fuligin posted:

Did anyone make a sign up or group or something for PS4?

I did, pretty sure it's called Battlefield Goons or something like that. I posted it a few pages ago.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Friendly reminder to add the "Battlegoons" group on ps4 to make finding parties and crushing pubbies easier :coolfish:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Lmfao :dice:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

red19fire posted:

Joined ps4 bro community. How do you join on other goons? there's only options for inviting people to my personal hell.

E: nevermind, i only check the list while i'm waiting for a game to load.

If another Goon in the community is in a party, you'll see it in the Community Party area and you can join them from there. It's pretty cool.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Ok all you loving degenerates; I've accepted everyone who tried to join the PS4 "Battlegoons" group so far. Keep em coming!

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Rejoice: BF1 is good.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I'm on right now if anyone wants to play. Join my party through the ps4 community and I'll hook my mic up

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I've accepted everyone who's sent invites so far to the PS4 Battlegoons group.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

filyl.jpg posted:

i never see anyone playing when i scroll through the group page, is it a requirement that you have to be friends to see if anyone is playing?

The set up is a little weird in typical Sony PSN style. You have to set up a party through the community area in order for it to show up in the "now playing" screen. If you just start a party as you normally would, it doesen't show up.

Just got done playing with a bunch of goons. Was tons of fun, will be back on in a bit :black101:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Finger Prince posted:

An annoying thing - you can't quit out of a game until the whole thing has loaded. So no checking your score and then leaving to play another game mode, or making dinner or something, nope you gotta wait to join the game and then quit out.

You only have ~20 seconds to quit out of a game when it starts to load a new one. Not sure why the change from BF4. I'm sure they'll patch it back in 6 months from now :v:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

ethanol posted:

I bought this on PS4 and I'll probably play on weekends a fair amount pan: InvadeFranceNow

Join the Battlegoons community on PS4. We had a group of 5 on earlier this morning and had a lot of fun.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

CornHolio posted:

My PS4 is hooked up to my wireless and as a result, I constantly get the little latency and low FPS icons. Game usually plays fine though. Should I run an ethernet cable into my basement or am I good?

I mean if the game usually plays fine whatever, but just run an Ethernet cord and get it over with.

Ethernet supremacy

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

CornHolio posted:

I'd have to drill a hole through my floor and run a really long cable, but it's doable. Just don't know if it's necessary.

Look into powerline adapters. They work well most of the time, and while you won't get full speeds it'll definitely be faster and more stable than PS4 wifi.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

The Wolfen posted:

Sent a Battlegoons request in last night as well. PSN is Turambar_II, and while I'm not great at this game I do know to give ammo to people as a support and revive as a medic. I'm fairly certain that makes me better than 90% of the people I've been in squads with thus far.

I approved all requests so far a little over an hour ago.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Tenacious J posted:

So are Operations the main mode people play?

No, Conquest still reigns supreme.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

So is there any point to opening battlepacks if you think skins are stupid?

I honestly forgot there were even battlepacks in this game. I wonder how many I have stockpiled...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I've taken the bayonet off my main gun like 5 times now and each time I load into a new match it slaps it back on :dice:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Snak posted:

What does taking the bayonet off do?

Affects recoil and slows weapon-draw speed, probably some other stuff too.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Guys lets log on tonight and stomp sum pubs. Making a party in the PS4 battlegoons group.

Ps4 krew assemble

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
My favorite bug introduced in the new patch, is then one where you'll just hear a random explosion sound at ear-piercing volume during the loading screen.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I created a party in the ps4 community. Let's play some fields of battle.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Will Giants Shadow get thrown into the regular map rotation tomorrow, when everyone can play it?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Ineffiable posted:

If we're lucky. Last time dice added a free map for everyone it took months to go into the rotation. (thanks jakku)

I'm just wondering, because unlike the free maps they released for BF4 which required you to download them from the store, this one was baked into an automatic patch. So there's really no reason for them not to.

But :dice: so who knows

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

sunday at work posted:

Night maps would be so much better than this stupid fog.

I love BF1 but I think the whole dynamic weather thing is a bit disappointing. Some light rain, or some fog. Yay?

I mean even variations in the intensity of the rain or something like that would be nice. I wasn't expecting something like Monte Grappa turning into a snowstorm or anything like that because that would require a ton of extra work in terms of textures etc but what they have now is a little blah.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Haven't been able to join a Battlegoons party yet. Is it normal to try to join a community party then get sent to a server of the same map where I'm all by myself?

Eh, the game is pretty good about getting you and your party together as long as your in the same playstation party and there's enough room on the squad/team. Are you sure you're not on the same server, just on the wrong team?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

A cool drat horse posted:

rented this game and am amazed how loving horrible the framerate is on ps4. Great job EA

Huh? I'm playing on an "old" ps4 and its fine?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

A cool drat horse posted:

I've had framerate drop fairly regularly to 15-20 and every other game is fine. It's not like I'm the only other person with issues with it either lol. It's embarrassing on their part

I didn't know you can run FRAPS on ps4 lol

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

GoGoGadget posted:

I just started playing on PS4 last night after playing on my PC since launch, so I notice some issues but nothing really bad at all. Although the annoying "YOU HAVE LOW FRAMES" icon is constantly showing up.

By the way, any Euro goons on PS4?

That's not a frames icon, that's a network connection icon.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Yes, the low FPS icon only exists on the PC version unless they changed this from BF4>BF1.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

GoGoGadget posted:

Ah. Makes sense...I did end up having some network issues last night while playing. I am coming from playing on PC, so that's where the confusion came from. Anyway, I never noticed anything too jarring with the FPS, and I have a launch PS4. So the guy that is having FPS issues probably has something wrong with his PS4.

Do you have your PS4 connected through wifi, or ethernet? The wifi on the ps4 is notoriously terrible. I mean, very bad. Ethernet or die.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Will that new hybrid conquest/Rush mode be playable on the old maps as well?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Problem with the mappacks, at least in previous games, was that they segmented them out in such a way that usually nobody was left playing the "old" map-packs once the new ones came out.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Beastie posted:

I don't see that :dice: has fixed the problem of splitting the player base yet. Yes, I want the new maps. But we all know that 1 month after the release of a map-pack we will be back to vanilla because:

1: This is what has happened with every BF game I've played on console, starting with Bad Company 2.

2: Not everyone in our respective circles will purchase. Since we are not total cunts we find it better to play with more of our friends than to exclude them for NEW MAPS.

3: I've never been too impressed with the new map releases. Vietnam for BC2 was great but guess what. 2 months later we were back to vanilla.

4: Season pass holders will have two weeks to play the new maps providing a trip report along the lines of 'It's cool but in two weeks when the rest of you can buy the maps individually we'll probably move back to the standard rotation."

This is why I'm not giving them my money for a season pass. I mean hell, look at Battlefront. Half the time you can't even find a server using the maps released in the middle.

Would be pretty cool if they adopted the TitanFall 2 model and made the map-packs free + shoved them in a patch so everyone automatically had them. Then add them to the default map rotation and be done with it.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Chemmy posted:

Yes but then no one will pay them $50 for maps.

Just sell a bunch of cosmetic bullshit, works for every other game known to man these days

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Floofy posted:

I've been accepted to battlegoons, and i'm online now, but i'm not sure how to get my party to show up in the community page?

Start your party from the community page. It won't show up if you start it the regular way.

Also, everyone including me is probably watching the Superbowl now soooooo

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Any Goon servers on ps4?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Auxiliary Treats posted:

:siren:PS4 server information:siren:

Search for Operation Locker 24/7 to join the fun. I'm still taking suggestions for the actual name.

Custom map rotations got increased to 15 since last time I checked.

gently caress yes :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Parkingtigers posted:

I still wish they'd just make these maps a timed exclusive. I'm happy to pay to play right the gently caress now, but in 6 months time they should just be folded into the vanilla game for everyone. I trade money for 6 months of fun when the player count is highest, and then later on everyone gets to play which means more dudes to shoot as people pick up the game for $10 or whatever.

They have sorta kinda done that with the last games, giving out the DLC way down the line, but it still needed to be redeemed in that little freebie window and wasn't exactly planned out.

Anyway, here's a close-ish look at the Behmoth while I blast Germans coming over the ridge:

https://twitter.com/hongkonghermit/status/841738404014444544

The eventually did make all the map packs free in BF4 for a limited amount of time each. Didn't fix the problem though because of the way the servers worked.