Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Ahaha I totally forgot the Turkish air force's roundels were more like...squaredels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Driving the train is flippin awesome. The whistle works realistically too--no steam, no noise. Trucking back and forth between G and A is just heavenly. :uhaul:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
What's the eye icon do in the bomber? It's like left on the d-pad but nothing happens when I press it.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

beedeebee posted:

I just came in here to post that I really hate the plane controls. So far my experience with the planes is: fly around, try do shoot stuff on the ground, crash into a hill.

Once I figured out that the rudder is controlled with left/right on the left control stick (as opposed to the bumper buttons), I became an ace. Up/down on that same stick is the throttle. The right stick is the ailerons and elevator. Now I'm bombing the hell out of everyone. It's so funny to make my wings go vertical while making a tight turn in the huge Gothas.

P.S. I'll ask again, what is that eye icon in the bomber?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

P.S. I'll ask again, what is that eye icon in the bomber?

bueller

e: Ahhh I gotcha, so I should hold it down. Thanks for the tip VVVVVV

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 2, 2016

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I think the receiving team has to be losing.
By how much I don't know.

The threshold looks to be about 50-60 tickets behind

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I've read that it's from EA which is reading as Pacific but the game will be playable at midnight eastern anyway. Kinda weird that the platform can't manipulate something originating from a publisher.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
It's great.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

zooted heh posted:

Here's a good reason why to never chase the first enemy you see. Patience is the key.

https://youtu.be/CcfgpAcPXF8

That was amazing.

Watching that reminds me that I have different colors for hits and such. Yellow for a hit, pinkish for a headshot, and red for a kill. I think you can customize the crosshair too.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
My brother and I are playing Conquest right now, maybe Operations later. I made a party in the PS4 community "mustarded gas"

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Everyone posting their PSN names, my brother and I still have a party open through the Battlegoons group.

E: in fact we've been playing all night so I'm not sure if it's even visible or if I did it correctly. My PSN= mustardeleven

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

frank.club posted:

I'm not seeing your party show up in the communities tab

It's there now. Apparently creating the party from the community page doesn't automatically invite members. You have to invite the community from the party itself. I'll probably be on for another 2 hours.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Knightmare posted:

No idea, it was actually a pretty easy shot as far as plane-shooting goes (close and was lined up). I've taken plenty of potshots with normal rounds too and those do an ok amount of damage. I probably shouldn't be wasting ammo trying but the one time I hit a pilot will make it worth it.

I was on a machine gun on emplacement at the ruined abbey at St. Quentin's Scar shooting at biplanes and I felt exactly like Cedric Popkin

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

the mortar is fuckin money

:agreed:

My brother and I were playing Operations on the map I just mentioned during the first phase and was just mortaring the hell out of those trenches. Because there's a clear frontline in Operations they were all bunched together in the trenches and he once got something like 11 kills with one air burst mortar.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Lmfao. drat those Argonne nazis.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I love the voice direction for the announcer VO. The way she says "We are winning" is just so deliciously smug.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

This is an open letterhistorical lesson to the guy who said this game was "boring" something something "not enough battlefield moments"

~~~

Dearest Edward,

~War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and
patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse. It is a fearful thing to lead
this great peaceful people into war, into the most terrible and disastrous of all wars, civilization
itself seeming to be in the balance. But the right is more precious than peace, and we shall fight for
the things which we have always carried nearest our hearts, for democracy, for the right of those
who submit to authority to have a voice in their own governments, for the rights and liberties of
small nations, for a universal dominion of right by such a concert of free peoples as shall bring
peace and safety to all~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA6B5Y3ZC1I
~You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and
those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can
pour out. I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know I will make more sacrifices to-day
than any of you to secure peace. But you cannot have peace~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwu-PiXCmoE
~If I am asked what we are fighting for I reply in two sentences: In the first place, to fulfil a solemn
international obligation, an obligation which, if it had been entered into between private persons
in the ordinary concerns of life, would have been regarded as an obligation not only of law but of
honour, which no self-respecting man could possibly have repudiated.

I say, secondly, we are fighting to vindicate the principle which, in these days when force, material
force, sometimes seems to be the dominant influence and factor in the development of mankind,
we are fighting to vindicate the principle that small nationalities are not to be crushed, in defiance
of international good faith, by the arbitrary will of a strong and overmastering Power~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNrfWV_a-Ug
~Not to have an adequate air force in the present state of the world is to compromise the foundations
of national freedom and independence. What is at at stake now is the peace of the world. What we
are striving for is a new international order based upon broad and universal principles of right and
justice, -- no mere peace of shreds and patches~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1fBz9NNOMk
~Technology and production can be great benefactors of man, but they are mindless instruments, and
if undirected they careen along with a momentum of their own. In our country, they pulverize everything
in their path -- the landscape, the natural environment, history and tradition, the amenities and civilities,
the privacy and spaciousness of life, much beauty, and the fragile, slow-growing social structures
that bind us together~

Like I had to stop fighting the great entire war in order to cut up these videos to convince one of my friends to just buy the game instead of waiting for a sale

Not enough battlefield moments are you fockinng kidding me christ of switzerland kids these days

I have to take breaks while driving the artillery truck just to breathe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX8g2varr5c

I can't even

No man can explain this, these great and extreme horrors of war

Signed,
Forrest Mormon-Edmund St. Bakersmenfieldingtonman, 1913, on this August of 12th, Argdonnes Forest of the West Hinterland, it is cold

~~~

All of these were amazing but holy poo poo those last three

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

I uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4if3KEWKYA

I think I am done cutting up war films Edward. Happenings of rank, utter madness fall upon me each night in torrents. I have come down with fever dreams, and trenchwrist. Between each dream I am awakened into a recurring nightmare where I am paralysed, unable to move, save for the flitting of my eye between a carousel of demented pygmyies, a report on my squad's performance, a troubling report on my personal performance, and a ghastly roster of the dead. It is loving horrible

Subscribed. Edward called me up on the rotary phone the other day and said you should soldier on with the vids.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Tenacious J posted:

So are Operations the main mode people play?

It is for me.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Beastie posted:

Patch Wishlist:
    Buff spotting, I have to mash it 5 times just to spot a tank.

Remove interior repairs for ground vehicles.

Editable class load-outs outside of round.

Firing range.

Give Support and/or Scout tnt. This may be able to override the "vehicles can't internally repair" complaint.

AA can just chew through aircraft, maybe drop the damage a bit.

Kill all wookies.

Sure, absolutely not, yes, dunno what that is, no because then no one would play assault, eh I think it's okay since they're made out of pinewood and canvas in the first place, and wholeheartedly yes.

Kringy posted:

Why can't I whistle now? :ohdear: How can I make my guy whistle?

WHY CAN'T WHISTLE ALL THE TIME

You have to be squad leader.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
The MG15 with a scope and chevron reticle is now officially my main.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Got a party up in Battlegoons. Probably gonna stick to Operations for a while.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

Also way too many things happened last night but here is a moving picture of one
http://i.imgur.com/wrwffYW.gifv

Dude what is your PSN name? I want in on these zany Battlefield gif experiences. I'm mustardeleven

PS your SW Battlefront vids are *kisses fingers like an Italian chef*

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Battlefield 1: I shot a horse with a biplane

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Yeah, the other day I got sniped by an MP 18 trench, which was a little upsetting.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Beastie posted:

How long would it take me to beat a horse to death?

Can I gas a horse?

you are one sick pup..

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

Last night I tried the heavy tank for the first time because a dumb rear end team mate bailed out. It really sucks. Too slow and clunky. I will show pubbies the glory of the flanker and arty truck.

I like how it's the most picked tank simply because the driver can shoot the big gun. Idk why those idiots don't just choose the light tank. And then inevitably they move up without infantry support and get blown to bits. God I hate pubbies.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the arty truck is the light tank's cooler older brother

Arty truck on the first couple sectors of Kaiserschlacht operations as Germans is great. You're always on the high ground so it's always great to perfectly lob a shell through the slits in the bunkers and get like 5 kills.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Hardcore mode is great for me since I main the MG15. Takes 1/4 of the time to kill people now, and my scope is great too.

I also love how friendly fire is on. Not because I wanna grief, but because I don't feel bad if I accidentally shoot a guy running in the wrong direction of the battle. Last night I instinctively shotgunned a teammate who was running at us from the natural frontline. Sorry not sorry. :commissar:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

but i want to know what they're saying in turkish/italian/german

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYduyjlXcTY

:(

I'm like level 55 and also a skylord and I've never experienced that while flying the bomber. I minored in German though so I can generally understand what they and the Austrians are yelling about. I like how the voice over for the Austrians on Monte Grappa has a just a touch of a Austro-Bavarian in his accent. :cryinbundesadler:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Petition to change the name of the thread to this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/biU4WqdFjbY

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I find it's easy to get rifle grenade kills on Argonne. Just pop 'em down those narrow choke points and you're bound to get kills

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
You also get an airplane spawn if you hold it.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
That's just a cooldown, not a bug. It always works for me eventually.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Guys lets log on tonight and stomp sum pubs. Making a party in the PS4 battlegoons group.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I don't think you can pick up your mortar. You hafta use all five rounds on wherever you set it down, then wait for the cooldown before you can use it again.

Remember you get a free smoke mortar by pressing d-pad left.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

egyptian rat race posted:

Is anyone else getting a glitch where selecting an airplane at the start of a round (during the 10 second round start countdown) the player is teleported into space without an airplane, where you promptly fall and die when the round starts due to being so far out of the playing field?

I'm not sure but this also appears to waste an aircraft spawn, it just never shows up. It's happened to me three times now, once with squad mates who were supposed to spawn in a bomber and we all died.

Yessss

Yeah this happens to me sometimes.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Posted without comment

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
My friends, this is how you mortar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Snak posted:

Yeah it does.

If I tried that poo poo though, I'd get shot in the head by a sniper after the first miss.

Well that cavalry unit nearly chopped my head off at the end. But yes it did rule :coal: