Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

sbaldrick posted:

Are the flying controls really hosed up for anyone else?

It feels like the wind is affecting your plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

There is a bug in the beta that only applies class rank ups for your first round on a server. Switch to a new server after each match to unlock kit upgrades.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Beastie posted:

This looks visually on par with Battlefront.

Is it the streams I'm watching or is this much better looking that Bf4 / Hardline?

Much better. At least on par with Battlefront. The sandstorm is really something else.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

I'm trying to make a go of the LMGs but that initial 2-4 rounds just missing for no reason and the high TTK is putting a damper on them for me.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

The light tank is savage.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Biplane posted:

What does this even mean

Class rank up are bugged. Only the first round you play on a server will count towards ranking up your class. Change servers each round until you unlock gear for each class.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Support gets their grenade back almost instantly after throwing down an ammo pack and there is no delay in throwing packs until the third or fourth. Probably a glitch but it's fun tossing four incendiaries into a building.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Did people consider past Battlefield games to be simulators?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

The heavy tank moves a bit fast and the canister shot on the light tank needs a range nerf.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

super macho dude posted:

Support's infini-grenade trick is great for raining down death from above at Freddie or taking on a heavy tank all by your lonesome, but its a shame their primary weapons are poo poo.

The MG15 N.A. Suppressive is good once you get using the bipod down, and the bipod works really well compared to BF4.

But you really have to play mid range and post up with some cover. It feels like a genuine support roll compared to running and gunning with an MG4 or M249.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Is the audio bugged or are footstep sounds just a lie Dice tells?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Beastie posted:

Guys, help.

I can't figure out if I should get the early enlister edition.

I've been burned on all the other Battlefield and Battlefront dlc but I can't figure out if this will be better.

It seems like they've learned their lesson after Battlefront.

Isn't it just some skins and a few days of early access?

Edit: and five battle packs.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Is the launch working smoothly for those who have been playing? This is the first BF I'll be playing from launch and I've heard nothing but horror stories about the launch of the previous few games.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Snipers should have to adjust scope zoom to some degree. They shouldn't just ADS to a perfectly clear view to any range the player is looking at.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Menus are laggy but the first DLC isn't until March.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

How can you set your game in WW1 and make machine guns the worst weapons?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

so does the tank hunter special just not exist anymore or something? I don't think I've seen a single instance of it yet

It's at D on Fao Fortress and it's still awesome. It can be resupplied from ammo crates.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Speaking of features from previous games that were left out, I'm not just missing the test range that's hidden somewhere, right. There just isn't one is there?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

What audio settings on PS4 will make footsteps and vehicles audible before they kill me or run over me? I have stereo and headphones set now but the only thing that makes any appreciable sound is the horse.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

PS4s wireless kind of sucks, especially on the earlier models. If you can have ethernet, do it.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Why is every game of conquest starting with half of each team rushing the other side's gimme?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Sniper rifles are the worst thing that ever happened to first person shooters.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Tei posted:

We can uninvent sniper rifles, but we can't uninvent snipers. Don't blame the weapon, blame the person.

True. Though if ever there was something better tailored for the worst kind of sperg who plays video games I don't know what it was.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

It was, and it was stupid there too. You couldn't even update your load out on the test range.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

AA guns are fun. Finished the fixed weapons medal thus week off a pair of scrubs that would just not give up with the bomber. Just fly low and straight at me again guys, I'm sure it'll work this time.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

All five medals done and I don't even get a battle pack. Cheap Dice, super cheap.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

The level 10 support gun isn't really worth it. It's a slower BAR with an extra six rounds. I think support is really the class that needs something to perk it up. Right now the mortar is about the only reason to run it.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

In BF4 shotguns had random pellet spread across the point of aim so even if you had the target dead center the majority of pellets could be to the left or right missing a one hit kill. Feels like the same thing here.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Finger Prince posted:

Is there a website that simply lists which classes have which weapons, maybe with some pictures and possibly stats? Because there's about a thousand youtube "Hot tips on how to play (class)" and "pre-alpha weapon spoilers" just utter garbage useless waste of space websites that don't do that but dominate the first 100 pages of any vaguely related google search.

http://symthic.com/bf1-stats

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Parkingtigers posted:

Ugh, the main thread told me the BAR was a good gun. Maybe I bought the wrong one. But the BAR trench is hot garbage. Really intrusive ironsights, a mass of bullet spread, and with only 20 bullets good luck killing both those dudes you are shooting at (and missing). I will try the telescopic, one day, but for now I feel like I wasted 200 warbonds. Back to the Benet Mercie which outclasses it at every range and in every situation.

I was much happier with the automatic 8.25 extended I bought for my medic. That's a solid gun. 20 shots, fast reload, and a lovely tinny sound to the bolt. This is a gun I can get behind.

The BAR is a lot more user friendly with the AA sights but it still feels like an Assault weapon that got misfiled.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Barometer posted:

Spawn in front of tank.

I spawned under a tank. On a point we controlled. Literally underneath it, in a crater, and instantly died to a road kill.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Finger Prince posted:

Anyone else ever get the impression that everyone else's gun is way more powerful than the gun you've got? Like, bad mans are all "that sure is a nice LMG you're unloading into my chest, but check this out: *flicks cigarette in your face*" *dies*

The machine guns kind of suck compared to everything else. The BAR can hold it's own up close but for the most part the other guns shoot faster, more accurately (from the first shot), have better damage models, and often have ammo capacity that is just as good. Flinch appears non existent and suppression is a joke so you're not really throwing the other guys aim off. There isn't any range or specific condition where you'd be better served with a machine gun.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Now the app and the website think I'm someone on PC with the same name as my PSN. After logging in a bunch of times. How can this thing be so bad?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

I wish support had the placeable AT mines. What the hell am I supposed to do with one limpet mine? Assault should be the class trying to tag vehicles.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Commie NedFlanders posted:

any suggestions on how to get 20 kills in team deathmatch

If you end up on Amien the SMG sentry kit spawns in a house in the alley in front of where Apples is in conquest. Or just an SMG in general. Shotguns still seem a little inconsistent to me. BAR if you want to play support. 8.5 extended for medic.

Don't be the guy who snipes in TDM.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

frank.club posted:

The week medals are changing every single round I play lol

I still have the medals from last week with progress saved. Does everyone get the same five each week or is it random?

My overall K/D has stayed exactly at 2 for at least a dozen matches. EXACTLY two kills for each death, no matter how good or bad I do. The total numbers of kills and deaths listed go up but always at the same proportion.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 8, 2016

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

edit: ^ how do you have time to come up with that but leave out a menu to change your load out outside of a match?

Nearly 20 years of shooting dudes on the computer and this game has far and away the worst spawns I have ever seen, specific examples and in general.

On the other hand it's the first game I've ever enjoyed sniping in so that's cool. Also killed a horse rider with a rocket gun and blew up the same bomber crew with the artillery truck twice in the same match.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Beastie posted:

Sniping is bad, m'kay.

I hate the usual snipers as much as the next decent, god-fearing American. Camping a rooftop like a coward is bad. Pushing up along Suez with an iron-sights SMLE mk iii and a C93 is awesome. I actually feel like the edge-camping useless coward style of sniping has been less prevalent in this game so far.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Snak posted:

How do you give orders as a squad leader?

Down on the radial menu will let you request if you aren't the squad leader or order your squad to any point if you are the leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Snak posted:

There's a radial menu?

But spotting the objective. I can do that.

Hold the spot button and use the right stick to navigate. It also has social options (ha) and lets you request aid and ammo (ha ha).