Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'm 100% stoked for September, a.k.a my grueling month of travel. Two weddings and a week on site at work here we come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Well it would be a lot easier if the majority of the kitchen stuff didn't belong to the 1 pig that refuses to clean ever. I came home to just his dirty poo poo in the sink and his loving food on the floor. I am so clean to beating the poo poo outta him with a sock full if quarters at this point.

Hang up some flypaper.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Heller and McDonald confirm that the second amendment is an individual right to keep and bear arms for traditionally lawful purposes; I think those decisions make the militia argument moot.

e.

Pham Nuwen posted:

but, like, everyone stood up and clapped when he laid that sick talking point on the old man

And that Marine's name? Albert Einstein.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Elmnt80 posted:

Holy poo poo the fn fiveseven is expensive. $1300 for a loving pistol?

NitroSpazzz posted:

Go shoot one or a kimber...drat. I like my boring tupperware glock but there are some guns out there that are just so much better to shoot.

Eh. I owned a Kimber, and it was really nice. I owned a FiveseveN and it was just okay. Really neat engineering, but the 5.7mm round isn't good for self defense and is way too expensive for a range toy. Bulk ammo was costing me something like $8/magazine at the time, and I felt bad about blowing all that money downrange.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Magnus Praeda posted:

I love my little .25 ACP pistol. It's stupidly fun for putting holes in paper and I don't bankrupt myself doing it.

Have we gotten to the point where .25ACP is cheaper than .22LR?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I just bought the 2003 Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition disc for the GameCube on eBay, and sniping that auction has my adrenals all aflutter. I feel like a lion that just took down a gazelle on the Serengeti.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Imgur is being a butt, so click here for a photo of a neato Dominican diesel stick shift Nissan NV350:
https://agocs.smugmug.com/Other/Misc/i-Gjw6NKB

I guess it's torquey, because the driver kept launching it in second.

mariooncrack posted:

Difficult to find? Not really but I always see them priced at $50-$60

I bought the Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition for just over $30 with shipping. I'll know if it's in playable condition when I get back this weekend.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Wrong. "Canada is great, I love it because I can pay women to have sex with me and get weed delivery" is a terrible statement to make non-ironically.

Weed delivery would be pretty amazing. Why do you hate fun?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

"Gimme some of them titties up in there!"
- Bride's uncle to her grandmother, over the PA system

This wedding is a poo poo show.

E: the wedding itself is lovely. The uncle is a drunken degenerate and has assumed the MC duties, and half of the family are North Floridians.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 9, 2016

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I'm a back-end software engineer, generally happy with my job despite the fact that my team is dissolving and I'm being folded into another team.

I gave a talk at my company's Philadelphia office about robotics, home automation, and IOT stuff. Woefully underprepared, since I was out of the country all last week. I whipped this up in the hotel room last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDDWK2k0wO0

I wound up hacking together a little thing that polls a USGS earthquake API every five minutes and displays the magnitude of the most recent earthquake by waving its little arms around. People seemed to like it, so I'm happy.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

You should absolutely go but be prepared to walk the entire length of the touristy part in less than an hour. What part of the city are you staying in?

It's small, but it's a solid morning's excursion if you have lunch after and then hit up Ping Tom Park.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I had a dream that it was sleeting hard outside. I checked the weather and the five day forecast dropped from 24 degrees to zero.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Dang, sorry dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

You want Goodyear Duratracs

• Locked thread