Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wasn't there a mod that ported one of the ultimas into the engine for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kazvall posted:

haha that sounds cool depending on which ultima

ah, sorry, it's a mod for dungeon siege. my mistake.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok, you guys convinced me, i bought this while it was still on sale. hope my shitbox computer can run it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i played up to the second waypoint just now. i went with hunter as my main, which may have been a mistake, but the skills seemed pretty cool. when do i get a secondary profession? i need to think about what would compliment my quick ranged stuff...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
do you ever get a respec in this game? additionally, how much can you gently caress your stats up early in the game?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kazvall posted:

I would like to echo that the game is a bit slow for the first hour or so then gets strangely loving addictive. Little poo poo like how you go into caves, the cool setting and monsters, then finally the sweet class system and awesome loot.

yeah, i wooted a little bit when i saw how they handled main to side area transitions. idk if i've actually seen an ARPG do that before.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

I remember I had the most fun with this game playing with a game hack software that I adjusted XP gain to like 1.75x and loot drops to 2x or something. The neat thing about loot drops in this game is that the enemies are using the loot that would drop so you can actually make the game sort of harder in a way by cranking up the MF multiplier.

i'm going to play vanilla for a bit, and then might switch over to this. i generally like ARPGs, but i think they should all be more generous with interesting loot than they usually are.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
if i upgrade a weapon with 3 out of 3 types of an essence, then does it make it into an unique weapon? i've put two fire upgrades on my spear, and it's pretty cool.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

if you complete a relic/charm it gains a bonus attribute, usually something very useful, so i'd wait until i have the whole thing b4 enchanting

well, too late for that. that relic does seem to drop pretty frequently where i'm at tho (just outside of sparta) so i might do a few more runs through the area to try and find it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the tooltips aren't very helpful and i couldn't find an answer online: do the chains of skills stack? i invested in a higher level skill for my spear rush thing i can do, but i don't see the option to equip it, so i'm assuming it's just modifying the original skill?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ah, that's pretty cool! i like the mastery and secondary system.

still, looking at the stat progression for the bleed spell, it seems like i made a mistake. i'm not digging hunter too much altogether, so i might start over with an increased loot mod installed.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
playing this makes me wish there was a game that compressed the fun parts of building a whole character into like a 1 hour game sesh, sort of like crimsonland, but with a deeper system. i really don't enjoy that first 2 hours where you have nothing but a basic attack, and trash items.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Isn't that what roguelikes are.

yeah, although (if you want to be technical about the definition) you're dealing with tick-based combat instead of action combat, and game sessions can run much longer than an hour. some roguelites have hit the same notes, but i haven't really found anything that matches the same fun of character building.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah idk why ARPGs insist on the boring lovely early games. It's never been fun in any of them

a lot of them seem to be designed around MMORPG ideas of progression

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i restarted as warfare / dream, and it seems like more fun than my hunter / dream character. i like going into the middle of a pack, farting my horn, and then watching as ragdolls go flying.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i rushed to the second tier of dream, and now i can teleport into the middle of enemy mobs for huge damage to my target, blast my fart horn, and then whale away on poo poo until they wake up. it's pretty cool. i wish they were a little more generous with the cooldown rate tho...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
where's the speed setting? that sounds like something that would make it more fun.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i played for a bit today, and felt pretty good about my character. i was only using potions like once every few minutes, and mostly tearing through mobs (thanks for the game speed tip btw, it makes cooldowns and combat a lot more fun), and then i went into a side cave and ran into a cerberus that does like 80% of my health bar per second with me doing like two slivers of its.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

That guy killed the crap out of me too. It pissed me off because I wanted to kill it but I couldn't so I turned the game Off

the exp penalty in the game doesn't seem too bad, so i think i'm going to see if i can figure something out against him a few more times and then move on. it's probably some dumb poo poo thing like a boss they intend for you to co-op or something.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

where is this?

uh, the road to delphi, i guess?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like the way that you can buff things w/ relics, and then the relics also go towards making what i assume are very powerful passive charms. that's a lot cooler than D2's gem system.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i crafted an artifact and now tear through poo poo. i'm going to go try to kill that demon dog again.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sharkopath posted:

melee is really tough at the beginning but once you get your horn and banner as warrior and take them all the way up to their second skill that buffs them

mwah

you're unkillable and every boss goes down in seconds

Babylon is a cool area and I wish it was more than just a dungeon pretty much.

i've got like 14 upgrade points i need to put into warfare before i get the second level of those guys

edit: although i am pretty satisfied with everything else at the moment, so maybe i'll just do it...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
status: sinking all my levels into the base upgrade of warfare so i can use doom horn

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
alert: i've obtained doom horn

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
welcome to the shoe zone. [ethereal howl] put your feet inside of the Brannock Device, meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm sort of burnt out on TQ, although i think i got 5 bucks of entertainment out of it. i might try POE.

• Locked thread