Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/Random_Pixels/status/771318471967797248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

BiohazrD posted:

I don't know, I kind of wish it would have gone the other way and made the Republican party even more toxic. They're not going to actually work on legislation either way.

Killing off the tea party might mean a return something of normalcy on regular business.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

Plus as "toxic" as Congress gets, people still vote for their own incumbent members.

Yeah and like the old guard themselves would rather we go back to pre-Obama stuff, where Republicans still bitch over every little thing, but at least at the end of the day you went and had a drink with each other.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Geostomp posted:

At least Mexian media isn't as dumb as ours.

To be fair, even CNN was pointing out the disjunction.

Geostomp posted:

Very true. The entire US healthcare system has been artificially inflating its prices in a ridiculous bidding war for decades and we get screwed over for it.

I like to point this out but when people talk about a unitary healthcare system, they're missing the forest for the trees. You really have three primary components each trying to squeeze the most amount of money out of the other and in turn out of consumers.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Its worse than that, in an effort to maximize profits, you now have insurance groups establishing Health Clinics to cut out the middle man.

That's actually not a terrible idea. They're able to offer the same services for less. Insurance companies ARE the middle men.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah? And. It's a popular idea in theory, it may not be the best idea though.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

She's so scandal plagued that they can't find anything else to talk about re: her scandals except for the one thing a majority of Americans are sick of hearing about

If they get so many complaints that they stop on their own and Clinton refuses to give them more ammo, what do they do?

Haha trick question the media will never stop talking about emails

It's Clinton Rules.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Paul MaudDib posted:

Apart from working crowds at rallies and throwing the occasional barb at Mr Tiny-Hands, the debate is literally the only thing she has to actively do in the next two months. And she's reportedly taking advantage of the situation and spending a bunch of time on debate prep.

The debate's gonna be a rough patch for the Arzy crowd though, because it's going to be a repeat of the Palin debate where the media will fellate him for not throwing a nazi salute and Heil Hitler'ing or calling Clinton a oval office to her face.

Assuming he can do that.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Lol look at the narrative pushing pre-writes that went out yesterday and tell me he isn't going to "win" the debate even if he does toss a Hitler salute

poo poo Ingram tossed one to a giant picture of Trump and nobody seemed to take notice is the press, at least not off Twitter

I don't think he'll "win" the debates. I think he'll get "credit" for showing up and not vomiting everywhere. Those are subtly different things, but as Ana Navaro put it on CNN this morning: people, particularly Hispanics and other minorities, aren't going to simply forget all the crap he's said overnight.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

No, no he isn't. The model was set before the primary was happening. It is literally impossible for him to do what you're describing.

No, but I do think he's being overly cautious. "But but the race could tighten! and then it would look different!!!!"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

Oh she's come back around, because she was sucking his dick yesterday

Apparently the speech last night reminded her.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Also no-one gives a poo poo what David Brooks thinks.

The Average person has, largely made up their minds by now and early voting kicks off in about three weeks. Trump is going to get slayed in early voting. He has literally no ground game, and no amount of just not tripping over his feet is going to somehow, magically change the state of the race. His hope, in the debates, is for Hillary to have some kind of complete meltdown. This isn't a contest between, say Bush and Kerry, where Bush actually finished off Kerry with "you forgot Poland," because Trump isn't capable of that.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 1, 2016

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

No one gives a poo poo about them either.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Pakled posted:

Is Trump really set to lose big in early voting? Isn't early voting dominated by old people?

Democrats dominate early voting (it requires mobilization.) It was a big part of Obama's voter turnout operation. Hillary's campaign is basically just copying that. They have a whole operation focused on it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

How exactly did Clinton "trick" them. This seems like a GOPe vet trying to damage control/lose more softly due to the Trumpster Fire.

Also Clinton's going to release an Oppo Research bomb the week of the debate, the day before, and the day of to win the debates.

It's getting people to spend a bunch of time and money in states where they're going to win, but you headfake them into thinking they're not.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

Sorry you can't enjoy Americana because your job sucks

PHC is bad.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Let's all listen to the PHC on the way to Shoney's in the Buick!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

Now sure. :v:

But seriously, PHC played a critical role in both the radio show revival and bringing folk music to new generations while also managing to promote an alright set of values.

Far better than we can say for most shows.

Hipster's thinking they know folk music is not good.

As someone from a community and state that embraces our actual folk music culture, PHC sucks.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Kro-Bar posted:

Jesus can we loving stop talking about college radio and Prairie Home Companion or is it just that slow a news day?

*checks tweeter* Yep, slow news day here in the USPOL mines

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

hexenmexen posted:

This is how Hillary is campaigning as well, and not only does she take money from wealthy donors but she takes money from regimes with values opposite of the average American.

The argument that she is progressive is hardly believable as well, considering she married a guy who had the values enough to enable the housing bubble and signed NAFTA. It's much further than that too the idea that she believes in any accountability is laughable. She ran a private server deleted emails then lied and said she only deleted personal ones not related to work, which has been proven to be false. Also she attempted to blame Colin Powell for setting the precedent of running a private server, when she already had it up and running, then went ask Powell about the legality of it.

The woman has no moral compass. And she more egregiously takes money from the highest bidder than Trump. All campaigns have private closed door meetings with wealthy donors the difference Trump isn't taking money from the Saudis and George Soros... at least at the moment.

:lol: This is bush league bullshit, but please continue. Here let me debunk your bullshit:

hexenmexen posted:

This is how Hillary is campaigning as well, and not only does she take money from wealthy donors but she takes money from regimes with values opposite of the average American.

This is illegal and not happening. Rating: Pants on Fire

hexenmexen posted:

The argument that she is progressive is hardly believable as well, considering she married a guy who had the values enough to enable the housing bubble and signed NAFTA.

This is even dumber that previous one for a variety of reasons, though not a complete lie. Just bad logic and thinking.

hexenmexen posted:

It's much further than that too the idea that she believes in any accountability is laughable. She ran a private server deleted emails then lied and said she only deleted personal ones not related to work, which has been proven to be false. Also she attempted to blame Colin Powell for setting the precedent of running a private server, when she already had it up and running, then went ask Powell about the legality of it.

Your timeline is woefully wrong. The server was setup, originally for the campaign. She talked to several former SoS all of which mentioned running their own email address because State's IT department in 2008 was in the loving dark ages. She said they deleted personal emails to the extent they could determine. Which, even the FBI director said was fine and that there was no evidence that they had attempted to hide anything. Most of the emails they found that weren't turned over were only able to be found by going through them line by loving line for six months with a huge staff, and none of them were particularly not worth. She's also said that was the wrong decision and has been pretty darned compliant with this entire, bullshit investigation that is at least partially rooted in State vs FBI rules on classification.

We rate this statement as, Mostly False.

hexenmexen posted:

The woman has no moral compass. And she more egregiously takes money from the highest bidder than Trump. All campaigns have private closed door meetings with wealthy donors the difference Trump isn't taking money from the Saudis and George Soros... at least at the moment.

So, taking money from George Soros means you have no "moral compass?" Well I guess no Democrat for like four cycles has that.

But I guess it's okay for Trump's campaign to take plenty of dark money vile, right-wing billionaires who want to destroy the welfare state.

Also she hasn't taken any money from Saudis, that would be illegal.

This is again, just bullshit.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 2, 2016

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

Vox article on the latest Clinton Foundation "scandal"

NYT Politics Desk Gonna NYT Politics Desk

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

It's tough for me because my natural sympathies lie with the press and usually I scoff at people who whine about media bias but there really does seem to be a systemic pattern of bad stories about the Clintons. Or maybe I'm just consumed by my own biases :ohdear:

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/6/8900143/hillary-clinton-reporting-rules

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

Like, why was birtherism dropped as a campaign issue? Why has the press allowed that to go completely unchallenged since he got in the race? I get why the Clinton campaign doesn't raise it, they might see some vulnerability there because it can be tied back to pro-Clinton supporters from 2008. But the press?

Because of the fiction of objectivity. They confuse objectivity with BOTH SIDES HAVE EQUAL VALUE AND MERIT.

They're also wickedly afraid of being called Bias.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/771720292272070656

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

*HRC Campaign Opens Oppo Research File, fingers through giant tome... hands one to Reporter*

http://www.out.com/news-opinion/2016/9/01/mike-pence-wrote-article-urging-employers-not-hire-gay-people

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Everybody read this, it's short and it's so much worse than you think. I thought it would be like "those whiny queers will sue you for saying 'fag' but no, gays are "not able-bodied" and riddled with disease.

YUP!

Pence is a vile, vile piece of poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Phone posted:

Did anyone get their Soros' check yet? I need to cash that poo poo before this tropical storm hits so I can get some booze.

If you call the hotline, Tim Kaine does a prayer to Jesus for you and the money appears instantly.

But you may not be high enough level in the Hillarycircle to have access.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

Remember they lost their poo poo at biased Candy Crowley for correcting a blatant lie from Romney at the town hall debate.

that was sooooo good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfmKpA30Xeo

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

I said it was a blatant lie, but I guess it's just as possible that Romney could've just drunk his own Kool Aid.

I think the Right is completely out of touch with reality and only know the caricature of Obama and Hillary.

Like I am pretty sure the Trump debate prep is just Laura Ingraham doing the tak-radio version of Hillary where she stammers incoherently and collapses from her HEALTH ISSUES while Trump just says whatever he thinks.

To be fair, the left did this about Bush. It's why Kerry hosed up that debate so terribly and got absolutely torched by Dubya with "you forgot Poland."

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

He is caught completely flat footed in that exchange and flails to save it, he really looks shocked that what he thought was true wasn't. He also famously didn't write a concession speech and instead spent a poo poo load of money on victory fireworks.

Yeah. People close to Obama have said he respects McCain, but thinks Romney's an rear end in a top hat prick.

--

Unrelated, a very good article by my colleague Jim Nolan on policing and racism: http://theconversation.com/how-american-policing-fails-neighborhoods-and-cops-63302

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

FBI released its report:
https://twitter.com/markberman/status/771759800254394368

Enjoy hearing about Hillary's 13 blackberries for the rest of your lives.

"you mean you don't keep all the blackberries you dropped in waterr?????" the FBI said, shocked.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

iits a mobile phone, they fall apart after a few years of use, i know the far right will crow about it but after a half seconds thought this aint nearly so suspicious

actually, I'd lke for the members of congress to have their emails examined closely

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/771765499302641664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

:getin:

Guarantee you Kellyanne and Spicer are going to be all over this 13 blackberries poo poo, so as stupid as you think it is, its' gonna get even stupider

its a holiday friday and trump is going to a black church with a script tomorrow so,

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Kissinger's endorsement will be a bummer.

giving a poo poo about kissingers endorsement is dumb af

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

The discussion on this topic should have been closed at the max a month after Comey gave his statement why do people still give a poo poo

The witch isn't dead yet?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Grouchio posted:

So the FBI released Hilary's Emails. What now?

They, in yet another unprecedented move, released their strictly internal notes on the investigation.

This is not poo poo that should be being done, and I am going to go on record as saying that Comey is one of Obama's biggest mistakes and a giant hack.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Meanwhile, in real news: http://time.com/4477455/epipen-hillary-clinton/

Daniel Bryan posted:

Except this was at the campaign's request apparently?

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/771781276319772672

Only after they were released to congress. They shouldn't have been released ever, even if the Clinton camp asked for them.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

She wants epipens to be cheaper so she can afford her own anti-parkisons injectors of course!!!

THIS IS A BETTER RESPONSE THAN TALKING ABOUT EMAIL BULLSHIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

lol, who are the 25% of Americans in that poll that believe that pharmaceutical companies aren't in business for the money?

Maybe they think they're in it for blood debt?

• Locked thread