Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Felicity the character is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zzulu posted:

I stopped watching this show some seasons ago and it's funny because back then most of you liked Felicity and now apparently she is The Worst

She used to be a good character, but now she is a bad character

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

that looks really promising

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They didn't fight.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

This is some great revisionist history.

Most of you were on board until like the last 6 episodes

Episode 15 was Felicity breaking up with Oliver and then immediately regaining the ability to walk

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does this one actually cover his head?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Narcissus1916 posted:

Legit wondering if I should grab a six pack and finish the season where I left off.

Peaced out right after Laurel's last words were "Felicity is so much better than me, go put your dick in her some more."

Honestly, if you're just catching up for the next season, it'd probably be better to just read onbenchnow's commentaries

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That is the worst statue ever

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BSam posted:

Surely there's not action figures based on female characters.

They made an action figure of the Arrow version of Black Canary

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CornHolio posted:

That wasn't bad, that wasn't good, I'll wait on the IMGUR rehash for the lols. Are those still a thing? I don't remember the guy's name and I really don't feel like going through the old thread to find one.

speak of the devil

http://imgur.com/a/XZdWj

also, holy poo poo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Also Felicity left her apartment door open when she came home and it annoyed the poo poo out of me.

Let's not nitpick. The main thing is that she's not letting the fact that she's responsible for the destruction of a town and the deaths of ten thousand people get in the way of her love life. Get yours, girl.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

So did they fix this season?

*checks thread*

Okay cool, no. I'll check back around the midpoint of the season. Good luck and godspeed, the rest of you.

I think the response to this season has been pretty positive. We're making GBS threads all over the Felicity scenes, but that's mainly the legacy of last season

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Actually the Felicity scenes were fine too.

Unless you apply the context of her being responsible for the deaths of thousands and living in a stolen apartment. That's what I mean by the legacy of the last season. Just ignore that and they were fine

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh yeah, that Diglle subplot. That better be going somewhere

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
My prediction is that one of the new guys is gonna almost get killed, Oliver is gonna go see Laurel's statue to wonder if he's doing the right thing, and then, very softly, he'll hear a whisper, "...oil can..."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Sounds terrible.

Just stealing scripts from the Doctor Who dumpster I guess.

The difference between Doctor Who and Legends of Time is that I think with this season the Legends of Time writers realized that the show they're making is stupid

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, that Wild Dog is always doing his own thing. He's a real loose cannon

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Proposition Joe posted:

Why are there so many new vigilantes this season.

Maybe season 6 onwards is gonna be rebranded "Arrow and the Outsiders"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

What is there left to do on his costume? It's literally the same as the comics, right down to FAIR PLAY on the sleeves.

The comic version has white panels and red piping, that, IMO, make it look a lot better than the all black of the TV version

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ragman does metal art? What is he, the quirky female love interest in a movie from the 90s?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xealot posted:

I feel like Ragman has a distinct advantage over the other recruits. He's apparently a magic Golem man with a mystical cloak that makes him bulletproof. And explosion-proof.

And *nuclear explosion*-proof. Didn't he survive the blast because of rag powers?

According to Wikipedia, the reason he doesn't get hurt is the rags are full of the souls of evil people, and the souls take damage instead of him.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarklyDreaming posted:

It really helps that they scaled everything back and made the lead villain an ordinary if enjoyably charismatic crimeboss. No more saving the world, just lowering the crime rate in Star City and building a legacy of crimefighting. And looking good while doing it

Yeah, I don't give a poo poo about his big plan, I just love seeing Church on screen. He's having so much fun

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I'm eager to see them introduce his nemesis, Bic-Lighter Man.

Has Supergirl introduced Martian Manhunter's weakness, being on fire, yet?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

It's not so much being on fire as seeing fire.

I mean I guess one is a subset of the other but still.

Yeah, in the comics his weakness is being on fire. Literally, his powers don't work when he's on fire. Also, he is burned by fire. Not more than you or I would be, but that's still enough

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Azhais posted:

Flashpoint Roy

But we all know that isn't true because he hasn't had a single unnecessary parkour flip yet

We know it can't be Roy. They can't cut all of the main villain's scenes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Between the four CWDC shows, they've made 8 full seasons of comic book television without a single clone. That's amazing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

Does Bizarro Supergirl count?

That was a regular person injected with Supergirl DNA.

doesn't count as a clone unless they start out in a big glass tube

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol at Wild Dog on crowd control. "Everyone stop panicking, a weirdo in a hockey mask is here to help you!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Ollie is totally gonna bang that chick.

She's gonna turn out to be Prometheus. And Tommy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Felicity's boyfriend looks kinda like Zack Snyder

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Dig was awesome until they brought I'm his supposed to be dead brother.

Yeah, Dig's brother was so obviously going to betray them. That plotline was just so obnoxious to watch because you knew exactly where it was going to end.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir Potato posted:

Everybody talking about E2 Laurel coming on the show clearly don't realize what it will do to Quentin. Poor guy would probably just implode with grief and confusion.

Really great episode and kinda obvious even to people who don't know comics that the DA fella is the Vigilante. Also this reporter lady/Ollie romance is kinda shoehorned in but it isn't too in the way. It seems like the only drama we really get anymore is between the newbies and Ollie which I am okay with since it doesn't pop up too often. Do we have anymore theories about Prometheus's identity?

It's Tommy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The T is for Terrific, because he's Mr. Terrific

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hollismason posted:

They could end it and restart as Green Arrow and the Outsiders. It'd be really good. Season 5 is suppose to be the "last".

That's what I've been saying. They need to change formats after season 5 anyway, because they're out of flashbacks. Switching to an ensemble piece would prevent them having to do the "Oliver can't trust people" and "Oliver can't decide if killing is good" storylines over and over again. Plus it'd let Amell skip the odd episode so he can do other projects.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xelkelvos posted:

Honestly, I imagine there was some casting thing like the actress for Sara was unavailable or something so Flashpoint was a convenient way to writer her off and replace her.

It's a baby. Nobody is going to notice if they switch actors

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

irlZaphod posted:

The problem with Evelyn being the mole is, didn't Ollie recruit her? What were they going to do if he hadn't?

Unless Prometheus approached her afterwards.

I don't see how Prometheus approaching Evelyn or vice versa after she was recruited is a problem.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

We all agree that Felicity's boyfriend is Prometheus right?

He's a red herring, it's Tommy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has anybody read that Black Archer backstory comic?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

No Butt Stuff posted:

Okay, so them being on an alien ship in outer space was somehow a surprise? Like, where did you think aliens abducted you to? An old warehouse?

Have you not seen Arrow before? Anything important happens in an old warehouse. 80% of Star City is old warehouses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bull3964 posted:

Why does every shared hallucination have an easily accessible exit door and why are the pods never locked or in a locked room?

Bad guys fumble this ball every single time.

I mean, they were presumably monitoring the shared hallucination since they were scraping data from it. Those data miners must be disgruntled since they didn't warn the rest of the crew that team arrow escaped.

They weren't getting data from the shared hallucination, the hallucination was just to keep their minds busy while the Dominators probed their subconscious. I think the Dominators were looking for general anti-human intel, not specific anti-Oliver and Company intel

• Locked thread