Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like my XBOne, and while I'm probably gonna get a PS4 at Xmas for Uncharted, I can't fathom how the PS4, even if it is the better console, ended up getting the bigger share based on how lovely the PS3 UI and how slow and crappy the online elements were. Like, who had a PS3 and a 360 and went "Yup, I want to trust the one where I have to wait a full 5 minutes before I can even browse the store"

(This salt may partly stem from me trying to actually use my PS3 to download something last night)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Eh. I don't buy many used games and am also all digital now. I've actually gotten games I own physical versions of AGAIN in digital because fishing the disc out even though the game is on my HDD is lame. So... um, yay Sony for pushing a feature I don't care about, and charging £15 a month for the other feature people actually wanted. (back-compat)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Which ideas? I can count 1, the thing where the disc was basically a licence key and you could then just download the game whenever on your account. Which isn't anti-consumer so much as it's anti-Gamestop.

And I dunno. I like the Xbox UI a hell of a lot more than the stupid XMB.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

And was shacked up with Lex Luthor. Luthor knows what he likes in a lady, lots of pink protoplasm.
Isn't there a part of that run where he has her do the creepy "shapeshift into having bigger boobs/sluttier clothes/more ridiculous hair" thing

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

This never happened. There's a single page where she changes into four different shapes but that's it.

Count me pleasantly surprised, then. I'm more familiar with the whole Death/Return period from the BBC adaptation than the actual books.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what?

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/Superman-Doomsday-and-Beyond-Audiobook/B004500AWE/ref=a_search_c4_1_1_srTtl?qid=1473266084&sr=1-1

Aired on Radio 1.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

What a weird thing to make into a radio drama. Superman didn't have a british accent did he?

Nope. It's actually pretty solid.
They did another one based on the Byrne Man Of Steel, and a Batman one based on Knightfall/end/quest. The latter is why I can't fully take Azrael seriously, because of how goofy the actor played it when he was being all murderbot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I would hate to meet the person who can take this seriously.

Well, quite, but I mean when he's all hypnotised by the Order. The actor just chews the (non-existent, because radio) scenery as he bellows "I AM AZRAEL OF THE ORDER OF ST DUMAS!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On a final note about the DC/BBC radio things, the actor that played Batman was actually pretty great. Gave both Bruce and Bats a subtle mid-Atlantic 'old money' type accent, which makes total sense and fit surprisingly well.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Todd's been a weird dick for a long time.

Is Todd the one who took a profile photo for some convention program with his shirt off holding a katana? Or was that Liefeld?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of like people who act like the black guy on Arrow should somehow turn out to be John Stewart, despite the fact that the only thing they have in common is a first name and skin color.

Well, and a military background. Though I believe Diggle was a Ranger and Stewart was a Marine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I gotta assume that it was at least a factor. The art on that Patsy Walker comic was so terrible, it felt like something they rushed out as fast as possible.

...This is why DC has a 'house' style, because people say this poo poo whenever someone decides to do something that isn't aping Jim Lee or Greg Land.

• Locked thread