Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Man, Did Avengers Academy really end 4 years ago? It feels like just yesterday when that was the hot new book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My favorite restaurant burned down and closed. :(

The last few times I went it was looking increasingly run down and the very last time me and my friends all got sick as hell afterwards and were scared to go again, so I wouldn't be surprised if the fire was some kind of insurance thing. Either way, it's a goddamn shame. When I was in college I ate there at least once a week, it was great. I have no idea what happened to it over time, but now it's just gone.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Starsnostars posted:

You must have had good times there if it remained your favourite restaurant even after making you and your friends sick.

It was great for 9 years and bad once. And it's not like we absolutely knew for sure it was the food that was bad, we very well could've just gotten a 24 hour bug. It's just when you get THAT sick, it's not a gamble you wanna take again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

What kind of loser doesn't own a Gamecube and an original copy of the GOTY 2004-present.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I broke two gamecubes actually, but I managed to get replacements for cheap because it was still the early 2000s.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

My sister ran away from home once as a teenager and to be really lovely she stole literally every single SNES game I had other than the one plugged into the system.

I didn't know you were the protagonist of Gone Home.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Which ideas? I can count 1, the thing where the disc was basically a licence key and you could then just download the game whenever on your account. Which isn't anti-consumer so much as it's anti-Gamestop.

And I dunno. I like the Xbox UI a hell of a lot more than the stupid XMB.

Xbox 1 was originally meant to be always online and not let you play video games if you were offline. Everyone screamed at them for about 6 months and then they backed off of it hard. There was a pretty amazing situation where a Microsoft employee was making fun of people who had a problem with the 'feature' on his twitter, implying if you were too poor to have a 24/7 stable internet connection you shouldn't be playing video games at all.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We're dangerously close to bursting into an actual console war here, so let me just say:

The Wii U has the best selection of games of the current gen.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alaois posted:

this is the gooniest opinion in the world, its even goonier than PC Master Race bullshit somehow

I'm sorry you don't like facts.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Oh well if we're doing freeform then yesterday I started the September deaths off by putting my rabbit to sleep.

:( My friend had to put his dog to sleep this saturday.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I would hate to meet the person who can take this seriously.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Maximum Carnage's biggest problem is that it's about twice as long as it needs to be and some of the crossover writers keep derailing the story.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I would pay an enormous amount of money to have Shadow the Hedgehog's voice actor read all of Batzrael's nonsense edgy narration.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

*I do not endorse Poochie's views.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Why would you, it sounds horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSDF8VvU13M

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tacocopter is like 5 years old at this point, it's what the Prez comic refers to.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

I would say that not successfully saving Gwen isn't the same as killing her in this situation as she would've died anyways and Peter is not responsible for her death

The fact that he snapped her neck instead of just failing to catch her has a pretty deliberately different implication.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/codyclarke/status/775816474866823168

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

While the forums were down I learned that two of my friends died relatively recently. 2016 is a pretty awful year.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Madkal posted:

Check Craigslist for bike postings. As someone who has two bikes stolen I feel your pain.

2016 isn't all bad guys. I just got engaged.

That means you're stealing the good fortune from the rest of us! WITCH!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If you want to have a bike, don't live in the city. That's my advice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think if you get rich doing so little, it's definitely going to gently caress your head up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Madkal posted:

When you think about it aren't sports stars real life heroes,

I must have missed the headline about Michael Jordan pulling a kid out of a burning building.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think Disney was planning to get Marvel to either publish their Disney comics or help them set up an imprint or something, but then they gave up on that idea.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

E: That was probably oversharing.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 21, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Red Bones posted:

I started reading the super old Spider-Man comics and they are great, Peter is such an rear end in a top hat. He fights the human Torch when he crashes the guy's party in an attempt to steal Johnny Storm's girlfriend. He baits Jonah Jameson into sending him to Florida to take photos of Spider-Man fighting the Lizard, because he can't afford the plane ticket to go to Florida and fight the Lizard otherwise. He forgets to take photos of his fight with the Sandman, so he just throws some sand in the air and photographs himself punching it. Everyone in New York seems to hate him and the only people he talks to are his Aunt and the audience.

I loved old Spider-man. He was such a brash rear end in a top hat when interacting with other heroes, and it really did seem believable that he might turn villainous at any point.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

joehonkie posted:

Also, his life was a wreck in a believable teenage "with great responsibility" kind of way. All losing girlfriends because he couldn't make dates but he can't say why.

Yeah, it was great. I don't mind that the character grew over time, but it bugs me that whenever people want to turn the clock back to the "good old days" of Spider-man, none of them are talking about back when Spider-man would tell other superheroes to go gently caress themselves and then pick a fight with a villain for money.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think Peter's unique early personality wouldn't exist if he wasn't written by both a big loud carnie hippie and a quiet grumpy objectivist.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Amazing Fantasy #15's been reprinted so many loving times.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Now we just need to nuke FYAD and the forums won't be so embarrassing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Travis343 posted:

BYOB would still be around though.

Nobody cares about BYOB.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I've seen people equate the following to rape:

-skyrim mod packs created without the original modders' permission
-an anime video game character being given more clothes in the US localization of the game
-hugging royalty
-a bad adaptation of a book in movie form
-putting a gamergate joke in an anime
-the art in Squirrel Girl

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I have everyone on ignore and just guess at what the current conversation is about in any given thread.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's DC animation's goal to ruin every possible story with creepy sex.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Actually no, Morrison's original comics hosed that one up too. Originally it was very much consensual but when Morrison referenced Son of the Demon he "misremembered" how Batman and Talia hooked up and made it date rape. So as lovely as those movies are that one is at least accurate to the source.

Well, not to let Morrison off the hook for being a creepy gently caress, but if I was the movie guys I would've, you know, not kept that particular detail faithful to the comics. But that's just me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is it really that hard to believe Batman boned one of his long-time love interests?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zachack posted:

No but, and as much as I'd rather not get into superhero sex chat, I would assume that Batman would not have unprotected sex. I think a big problem I have is that you're springing an unexpected grown child on Batman and it meshes poorly with how the character is usually portrayed and drifts into uncomfortable blame issuance, in a way that wouldn't be as much of an issue with, say, Hawkeye or Guy Gardner (kinda guessing on the latter).

I've got that covered, too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Man, GBS gets more reboots than Wildstorm.

But less than DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My favorite Kevin Smith story (besides the Superman one) is when he talked about how all the shlubby out of shape actors and crew of Clerks 2 would suck in their guts when Rosario Dawson would come on set.

• Locked thread