Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

cloofish posted:

Oh yeah. That. You'll definitely know it when you see it.

I've got both of the saves you can used dedicated just to that case. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Terper posted:

Downloading

How dare you get my hopes up? :T

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Smh if you don't keep track of which posters are European so you don't get confused in moments like these

I'm only a couple of hours away from playin. This is no time for rationality!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

mateo360 posted:

Downloading right now, then I have to go to work and wait about 3-4 hours before I can play it.

Just do what I do and take it to work!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Gotta love when a thread is just pages and pages of "Is it out yet? I'm hearing some people have it but I can't get it. Ok it's downloading now. I think I have it? I have it, it's out! It's not out for me though am I doing something wrong?" :allears:

Or in this thread's case maybe a half page at best? :v:

That aside this game has a helluva strong start.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Man, the demo hardly touched on the same events in the main hame. And glad I didn't look up much about this game because the first suspect reveal is great.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Read your comic books, Apollo.

The only way this would be better is if he read American comic books in the Japanese version.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Thought Route is probably the best single mechanic AA has ever added. It's so good.

It really is. I got worried during the first case but when it popped back up looking better I got real happy.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I just finished case 4.

It was filler but I'd say it was one of the better filler this series has had. It definitely isn't up there with THE CIRCUS. I actually enjoyed it a bunch but I also enjoyed watchiing Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju. Also considering how the story is going, the timeline and where Athena said Apollo was it makes sense for it to be where it was

Also the end of case 3 drat. I think it might be one of the most emotional finishes a case has had.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Lynkericious posted:

Also there's no good side in the Khur'ain situation, is there? It's just two violent extremes, and while one of them has a point, they're still being psychopaths. I guess it's nice that Phoenix is making new friends though.

You know the saying: Just keep playing.

So I just finished Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 6: Apollo Justice Ace Attorney 3: Spirit of Justice: The Reckoning.

I call it that because this is a solid arc in Apollo's story. And for a dude who's career wasn't jump started by the death of his mentor like Phoenix I think he's done really well for himself.

I daresay none of the cases were weak. I know some people knock 4 for being 'filler' but I still think it's a really solid side case and the people involved worked out nicely. I also liked that they showed a person with MPD (even if it was a bit fantastical) and didn't disparage them or go with the first supposition that the 'hidden' personality was the killer. Athena got to do a bunch of stuff but I don't agree that she's there just yet for her to just fly *completely* on her own considering the events of the last game but even if she showed a bit of weakness she showed no signs of breaking down like in the past. I appreciated that bit of growth.

All in all I'd have to say this is definitely in the top 3 of the series.

... but for gently caress sakes when are they going to tell Apollo Trucy is his half sister? :v: I guess I gotta wait for Ace Attorney 7: Apollo Justice 4: REVENGEANCE considering they tease the poo poo out of it in the credits. :v:

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 12, 2016

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Momomo posted:

Considering they're not even supposed to have defense attorneys, I'd say the judge is surprisingly lenient on a guy who clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Yeah, considering the fact he even lets Phoenix do what he does in the first case and his actions in future cases says that his Magistry actually cares about the law even with the DCA in tact.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

nftyw posted:

I think the Judge came around surprisingly well in the first case in spite of the whole "attornies are lying scum" thing, but then after that he went back to a jerk again. Which, I guess, could also be the fault of Nahyuta being there putting pressure on everyone.

Well, also, 23 years of LAWYERS ARE EVIL.

http://nintendonews.com/blog/ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice-september-dlc-details/

Also hot drat I didn't even realize they released the DLC schedule. And it's all out this month.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I remember when everybody got so scared when VIDEO was shown to be in SoJ but it was actually fine and didn't overstay it's welcome, ha.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Kay Kessler posted:

Actually, going by twitter, it is in fact a poo poo game with bad names that doesn't hold a candle to the greatness that is Apollo Justice.

I loving hate this fanbase sometimes.

I don't know what crazy rear end universe twitter you have but even if I don't think it's as bad as some people claim I still have to peg it as last on the list and everybody I've seen says the same. :v:

My theory is that this is the second in a new trilogy. Or a Quadrilogy if you count AJ.

(Beaten Game Spoilers)

There's no way they'd leave this the final one especially with some things still being open ended and who shows up during the credits. And if she dies I will be VERY CROSS! Though I will say that this group has been really good at making previous open ended things managing to be super duper important somehow. Like I totally did not expect Thalassa Gramarye's first husband, who wasn't extrapolated on that much, being used in this way. That was fantastic and I was actually super happy I played through Apollo Justice.

There's a reason I call this Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 6: Apollo Justice Ace Attorney 3: Spirit of Justice: The Reckoning!

Also case 4 might be my favorite side case and Uendo was great. Come fight me.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 14, 2016

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Oh, another thing I feel like I've got to gush about. This game did a good job of feeling longer without no case going to day 3.

Probably the only knock I'd give is that the dusting mechanic in this game feels the worst compared to every other time it showed up. But, yeah, I loved the hell out of Spirit of Justice and would put it in my top 3. And I have no idea how to rank my top 3. :v:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

And More posted:

Yeah, the interactive 3d environments were really hard to control because of this. In Episode 5, rotating the suit case took forever because it would just jump about, and generally be really finicky. Looking for blood traces around in the chair also took me forever because I'm fairly sure it was just not registering or something. I love the idea, but it's just really frustrating to do.

(case 5 spoilers)

What, you mean the chair in the tomb? Because the camera moves with the cursor I found that real easy.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Apollo's bracelet would be 3 times better if you could skip back and forth through segments like you can with Rayfa's Insight.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Kay Kessler posted:

While it's not exactly that, if you know for certain what part of the statement has the tick in it, you can press X to pause the action and search for the tell without having to start over.

Oh, I know, but if you get past a part you have to wait for the text to slowly go and restart it. That's my main issue.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Another thing to remember with Athena is that she actually has trauma in regards to being in court. I'd say she's come a good ways since the events of the last game.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

Case 5: holy gently caress, Apollo's theme kicking in when he challenges Phoenix to trial is amazing. gave me chills in my spine

Just gonna say it: Ace Attorney 6 is a better versus game than Layton vs. Wright. :v: (Disclaimer: I liked Layton vs. Wright. Boy I wish it had a chapter select.)

cloofish posted:

Imo the marketing team's decision to rake in more bux makes the reveal that Apollo's the main character even more epic.

Also as much as people poo poo on Apollo Justice Ace Attorney I don't think they're gonna use the name again.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Oh, protip for new people!

If you want to skip the stock foot-- I mean Rayfa's Divination Dance you can safely do so. You won't miss anything.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Terper posted:

I just beat Asinine Attorney, the first mini-episode. Worth 4 bucks? Not really, but it did have a pretty amusing ending.

I thought it was cute. Just think of it as buying the theme that comes with it and getting the case for free, ha.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Momomo posted:

They also didn't change her animations at all, which really just makes it look like she's the same person but taller. She should've changed the most of any character, not the least.

Well, what're you basing that on, exactly?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I just realized something and I'm about to share the feels.

With Inga's prosopagnosia his verbal tics suddenly make more sense.

And then I suddenly realized where Rayfa's calling everybody by a description came from.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I do enjoy how even with case 4 being the most japanese case ever that they still changed the names so they'd sound like the leitmotif they're going for.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's super repetitive and it's usually covered in the loud buzzes from the wild emotions but the Running Wild version of the Mood Matrix is my favorite.

https://youtu.be/mhqfKLwP-XY

Yeah, I do enjoy the running wild theme, too. Though I think all th sounds in game accentuates it.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I don't think all of her testimony should be taken quite so literally. There's a some ambiguity and stuff not really explained.

For what happened 23 years ago it was mentioned she was drugged, right? So it's pretty easy to see how Ga'ran manipulated her into believing her version of what happened.
No seance means no other evidence to prove her wrong and Ga'ran even got the case scuffled by accusing Dhurke of forging evidence.

And it was mentioned that she was kidnapped (or re-kidnapped depending on how you view it) after Dhurke rescued her ten years later. So I'm sure Ga'ran used Rayfa as leverege on Amara to remain hidden. It's pretty much how she works.

Also, I'm confused, when did she frame Dhurke because I don't remember that at all.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Momomo posted:

When she channeled him to make it look like he killed Inga. She was helping her sister, but it didn't really seem like she had a gun to her head.

Oh, that bit. Now I remember, I was getting some events confused. That case was pretty packed. :v:

I'd say she pretty much still had a gun to her head: Rayfa. If she didn't then she had no reason to confess to killing Inga once Apollo placed her on the scene. The only way it makes sense is if Ga'ran ordered her to do so just in case. I haven't seen anybody claim that Amara is in the clear for not having done anything wrong but I'd say it's pretty clear that Ga'ran was manipulating everything the way she wants to go. So I'd say trying to call it 'two evil sisters' is going kinda far.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

We still haven't had a case where the Judge is a defendant, come to think of it.

At least he got to achieve one of his dreams and become a witness in Investigations!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So I'm picking up the Ace Attorney anime after not watching it for awhile and holy crap. The Big Top Circus case was handled *way* better here.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Lord Ephraim posted:

Am I the only one a bit weird out from [Case 5 - Day 1] Archie Buff having a child at 52? I was expecting Armie Buff to be some 40 year old goony neckbeard obsessed with Call of Duty. When I saw a crippled 12 year old girl I got really sad as before I was kind of laughing at the character in the attack helicopter :(

My dad was 60 when I was born so not me.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

Case 3: Maya saying she had outgrown the ladder argument broke my heart :(

She's not fooling anybody. Maya wouldn't have brought it up if she still wasn't going to wage that war. She just wanted to seem mature. :colbert:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Apollo's bracelet is just a way to give him some insight into a hidden thing. It's not bad but the slow text with no way to go forward or back just makes it hard to deal with.

mabels big day posted:

He did what he had to, and was killed in the line of duty.

Robert didn't believe in his clients and was a punk bitch. Your list blows. :colbert:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Fedule posted:

I had no idea.

I think this is a tiny bit of a localisation misstep? I'unno, it just seems to fall on the wrong side of things you'd expect not-Japanners to pick up on. I guess it didn't make anything completely incomprehensible, so that's something, especially in a case that hinges on the difference between soba and udon noodles.

The amazing thing with case 4's localization is that they gave them brand new Japanese names so the puns work phonetically in english.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Pastrymancy posted:

Lateish DLC: I am stuck at the part where you get the guy to issue three statements

A hint: If you haven't already realized it, you can have all 3 options' testimony added.

Bigger hint: What do you think is most important to figure out at this point? First two options point to motive. The last to his alibi.

Biggest hint: You want to present the reception picture with the fog on the 3rd added testimony.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

DLC Talk!

I liked the case a bunch but I wouldn't say it was as good as DD's DLC case. But that thing set a REALLY high bar.

Personally, I saw it as Edgeworth being Edgeworth. He's always just prosecuted his way unless there was something behind the scenes going on making things more dangerous.
Don't forget what he's said about finding the truth - It's only when the prosecutor and defense attorney butt heads that the truth makes itself known. And Phoenix is at his best when
he's being majorly pressed. Remember: It was only just last game that the dude accused Athena of killing her mother.

Edgeworth might be enlightened. But in court he's still a dick for finding the truth. :v: So I don't think it's a weird change or actually anykind of change at all.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

DLC

"you can have this fingerprint powder"

Ema, I like you but gently caress off with that poo poo, it doesn't work proper in this game!

At the very least it worked best here, ha.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

This dude seems like he'd be really annoying to talk to.

Say what? He sounds like he's fun to talk to.

Also nice to see a bunch of stuff I thought was happening turned out right. Also the fact the major reason the rakugo case exists is that they *really* wanted to use a pun. (Also as a breather buy still).

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

It's possible he's not interested in anybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Gruckles posted:

Actually he has an extreme interest in the Steel Samurai.

That is a love he can enjoy from afar~