Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

unmissable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Apparently they're (possibly) announcing something behind closed doors and not at their "unmissable" panel because, uh, Capcom, I guess.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

The only good part was the girls in nice dresses at the end :3:

Also they murdered Larry. Presumably. Hopefully?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

CuddlyZombie posted:

Wright started being a lawyer at the late age of 23. He must have been held back multiple years.

Given his backstory about wanting to save Edgeworth, it's probably because he decided a little later than he should have.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Danaru posted:

I wanted Ben to be guilty so he'd get the chair

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I wanted Trilo to be guilty so he'd get the woodchipper

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Reminder that Phoenix gets disbarred not even two weeks after Edgeworth's whole ordeal in Investigations 2.

Also it continues to be a loving shame that game never got localized because we will likely never see Debeste ever again.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Troupe Gramarye? More like Troupe rear end in a top hat

(except for Thalassa)

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Meallan posted:

How can someone not feel pure joy seeing Apollo dunk on Klavier.

Also vice versa. Even though Klavier is incredibly boring as a prosecutor compared to the others, their dynamic is extremely good.

I would be down for Athena getting her own game but I'll settle for any characterization or arc beyond that fragment of her backstory in Dual Destinies. It seems like aside from her mood matrix thing and the incident with her mother, they don't really know what they want to do with Athena.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The problem with Nahyuta is they saved all the character development for the very end and while they made his personality a smug antagonising jackass they forgot to also attempt to make him likable outside of a few very short moments. The reveal is supposed to make this better but it ultimately feels like too little, too late.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

There needs to be one what's a cute girl again tbh.

bring, clap emoji, back, clap emoji, franziska

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Pearl, Apollo and Ema: together they form the Not Accused of Murder Club.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

I mean Gant tried to accuse Ema of murder.

Rise From The Ashes is but a hazy blur in my mind, and I literally just re-watched it the other day.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Which is why I'm sure we won't see (SoJ spoilers)Armie again either.

Ehhh, that reveal's not exactly plot critical, unlike Iris being Dahlia's twin, which is relevant to a sizable chunk of the game. Still doubt we'll see her again though, which sucks

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Switch to Athena and/or Apollo. Be done with Phoenix already, because he's basically done with character development.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Merilan posted:

SoJ's case 1 feels really bizarre in that sense because he literally says "I have ten years of experience" but then he's back to internally monologuing about bluffing and hoping something falls on his lap, even in the moments where it's in the Court Record.

Yeah, ten years of doing exactly that.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Rayfa was interesting because while she was obnoxious she was so in a kind of endearing way and it made me wonder if they were going to make her sympathetic and even more likable by the end. They did. Poor Rayfa, her mom sucks a whole lot

Funnily enough, Rayfa ends up being more sympathetic and likable than Nahyuta when all is said and done. Weird! It's almost as if Nahyuta was too unlikable for too long for the reveal to have any impact :thunk:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The judge constantly being high as gently caress explains a lot, but at this point can you really blame him? The poo poo he has to deal with

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

There's also miu's colorful nicknames but that's because she's a foul-mouthed rear end in a top hat

Also Kokichi gives nicknames, because he's a goofball, and also a loving rear end in a top hat

I can't really think of any character from V3 that throws out a bunch of nicknames that doesn't have an excuse for doing so

EDIT: yeah I guess the other games do it but reminder that those are teenagers, a lot of them pretty eccentric teenagers at that

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

FairGame posted:

I have played these out of order and now only have 2 and 3 of the main series.

And I’m on a circus case.

With a loving clown.

Who penalizes me if I press him during cross examination.

I hate this.

welcome to hell. welcome to quite possibly the nadir of the franchise.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

somepartsareme posted:

turnabout big top is not the worst case in the trilogy let alone the whole series

I can imagine cases in the other games that are just as bad (turnabout serenade, the second half of the final case of investigations 1) but I can't think of any case in the original 3 worse than big top

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The third case of Investigations 1 is not terrible, but it's probably hands down one of the most dull cases in the series. Aside from meeting Kay and Lang, everything else is incredibly uninteresting and unmemorable, which is saying something considering both Ema and Meekins show up in that one. (Also Oldbag, bleh) It's probably the only time I broke down and said "OH MY GOD I DO NOT CARE" at the main plot of a case as it slowly unfolded. I just could not bring myself to give a poo poo.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

The Chief Prosecuttor in AAI2 is arrested as a murderer a few weeks before Phoenix is disbarred. Think about that.

Nah, Blaise Debeste was a former chief prosecutor, probably the previous. He was the chairman of the Prosecutorial Investigation Committee when he was arrested.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Podima posted:

Agreed. Von Karma was devastating for one case, but its incredible to look back on JFA and realize just how insidious Dahlia's influence was through the entire thing.

despite being incredibly bad at crime, all things considered

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

He hasn't committed murder, which puts him above at least a third or so of the entire series cast

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Haifisch posted:

Edgeworth 1 would be a lot better if case 3 was 50% shorter.

People rag on the last half of the final case, and rightfully so, but everything in case 3 aside from meeting Kay and Lang for the first time is soooooo loving borrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnngggg

Investigations 1 is pretty okay when it's at its best but it's terminally dull at its worst

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

something something dark age of the law

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The yokai case is where they kinda gave up and then the rakugo case is where they actually just gave up

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

this is basically the only dialogue in the entire case that even remotely tries to justify all the yokai poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

There's also the part in case 4 where he triggers Athena for no real good reason. Like what the gently caress dude. And we're still supposed to think he's not a total rear end in a top hat when the big reveal happens later.