Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
yeah there aren't. but i always forget 1-3 is a 3 day case because that's just ridiculous

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
The 3D models in DGS actually look amazing compared to the mainline 3D games. Way more character in the animations too.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the trilogy is out today! maybe THIS time if enough people buy it they'll localize dgs1+2 and aai2, for real this time

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://scarletstudy.gq/purchasing-guide/

Their purchasing guide should work on a real phone

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Long shot and very minor spoiler for DGS episode 3 but I'm curious:

There's text on the omnibus that says "Phoenix Wright Omnibus" or something. Did it say Naruhodo Ryuichi in the original game? The translators don't seem like the type to put in easter eggs or references.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
turnabout bigtop is actually one of the best filler cases in the series. max is creepy but i must point out that it was trilo, not ben, who wanted to marry regina

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Waffleman_ posted:

Trilo is a goddamn piece of wood and all the words are coming out of Benjamin Woodman's mouth.

the man is an artist and he's playing a character

e: ben specifically says he has no interest in regina, presumably because hes a grown rear end man

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i want to believe the funnier and more textually supported interpretation ok.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
great artists are never understood in their own generations

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i went back a few pages in this thread. remember when we were expecting a new game on switch along with new ports of 1-3 AND 4-6 all in 2018? :smith:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
No, after you buy the game you can play it and go to the Japanese store without a vpn

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
yeah i think i played about 90% PL vs AA and really enjoyed what i played. if you viciously hate professor layton and/or solving puzzles you probably won't enjoy it, but takumi clearly used it as a testing ground for some of his ideas for DGS (and i believe the composer is the same). not playing some ace attorney written by takumi when we might never have more of it, couldn't be me

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Ulio posted:

I just noticed the confetti's when you get the verdict, I've never been to court so maybe it is true..

canonically it's gumshoe throwing it

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
actually, those are hamburgers

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
them using that same breakdown animation 3-4 times in the game felt really dumb to me

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
it's good though

e: definitely better than anything in the 3ds games

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
moe the clown is one of the best one-off characters in the series

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Regy Rusty posted:

What in the world

the 3ds games can be fun but they do not have good writing. the ones written by shu takumi, do have good writing. when i say "3ds games" that doesn't include dgs cause those own

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i do not think takeshi yamazaki is a good writer based on his work in DD and SoJ, but that is just me

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i remember when they told us a new game was coming in FY18, and people in this thread were hopeful for 123 AND 456 compilations on switch along with a new game. better days

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i believe they said that they're working on it and it's going much faster compared to the first one because they already have the technical stuff figured out

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Prepare yourself for a one-hour Japanese stream where they announce a second HD collection including Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice.

we're gonna wish thats what it was

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
remember when phoenix legitimately does get us to present forged evidence at the beginning of AJ. that was kind of messed up nick

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean, all Acro did was attempt to murder a developmentally challenged teenager in order to avenge his pedophile brother who put himself in a coma, and when he ended up murdering his surrogate father who he meant no harm outside of murdering his only child, he did the reasonable thing and tried to frame an unrelated third party who happened to be the circus’ main source of income, despite being under no suspicion and having no need for someone else to take the fall.

I dare you to name a single character more sympathetic than Ken Dingling.

in all fairness. i don't think he was actively trying to frame max until suspicion did fall on him

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
turnabout big top is not the worst case in the trilogy let alone the whole series

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Color Printer posted:

I can imagine cases in the other games that are just as bad (turnabout serenade, the second half of the final case of investigations 1) but I can't think of any case in the original 3 worse than big top

i would put big top above a few episodes because i actually think it's really good, but recipe for turnabout is my least favorite in the trilogy. it has some high points but victor kudo and jean armstrong are terrible, the ending is unsatisfying and the mystery is mostly not very interesting

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Tesseraction posted:

I can never tell which things are fanon or obscure lore.

blackquill's eyes are like that because he cried a lot in jail and never wiped his tears

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I never finished AAvPL so I thought you were talking about Turnabout Storyteller and got confused

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_/status/1167004384594513920

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Hey! It's almost Christmas!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/ScarletStudy1/status/1210008024405950464

If I haven't seen it, it's new to me!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

RandomFerret posted:

It's not a lot of games that give you a concrete single thing to point at and say "There, that's the low point of the series" but that exact line of questioning is it. Nine and a half games of content to go after that one, and it's all better than that one single cross-examination

2-3 isn't the worst episode in the trilogy let alone the series. I'd deal with Moe and Ben any day before Jean Armstrong and Victor Kudo

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Yet one of the best moments in the series imo is a cross examination where you have to press the right statement out of 13 and if you get it wrong you game over

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I, Professor Aristotle Means, say the ends justify the means!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_/status/1281778556222099457?s=19

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Professor Aristotle Means was the low point of the ace attorney series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
The online concert that they've been advertising with "#TheGreatAceAttorney" is tomorrow. How disappointed are we going to allow ourselves to get?