Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Glad I was able to finish Dual Destinies (and finishing Justice for All and Trials & Tribulations earlier this year) so I could be fully prepared for this new one!

Ema is cool and I hope she's back to her AA1 self this time around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I haven't seen this in forever and it's almost ten years old at this point. drat...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I would play Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, but I haven't played a single Layton game, so half of the game would just feel lost on me

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I beat Spirit of Justice a few hours ago. Fantastic game, loved the endgame a lot and I'm very happy for Apollo for persevering through Dhurke's death and for staying behind to help rebuild Khura'in's legal system.

Apollo became an instant favorite when I played Dual Destinies and he's only gotten better. He's come so far :unsmith:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Something that's been bothering me now that I've finished the game (MAJOR CASE 5 SPOILERS BELOW):
How would Inga not notice that Maya had escaped to America while she was channeling Dhurke? Did he just not check the tomb after running away from Dhurke like a bitch or did he already know and used it as leverage against Dhurke?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

(6-5 Part 1) Paul Atishon has one of the best breakdowns in the whole series, probably the best as far as I'm concerned

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Maybe we should be nicer to Larry Butz

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Name me a better first case.

AA3's

You get to play as loving Mia Fey and you do the same thing that happens in AA4 but better

The final case of AA5 is why I like it more than AA6 though

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

smenj posted:

Compare to AA4, where Ema shows up and is now a bitter detective who failed her forensic exams and hates her boss, which is both entertaining and more interesting to see than 'Ema passed her exams and is happy now'.

If by "entertaining and more interesting" you mean "awful and completely annoying," then yes, I agree

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Compare: Apollo in AA5, where his best friend got murdered and he is suffering because not only is he dead, but he severely doesn't want to suspect Athena killed him but he has to cover one of his eyes because he knows Athena is hiding something, to Ema in AA4 where she's like "UGH I'm stuck in this position forever life is terrible I am suffering, I'm eating snackoos now so gently caress off and let me suffer"

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Hobo Phoenix is goddamn terrible though

And just because something is different doesn't mean it'll be good. If that were the case then everyone would've actually liked The Phantom Menace

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She's funny and gets along very well with Apollo and Trucy, and has one of the best working relationships with the defence out of all the detectives in the series (except probably Gumshoe in AA3) which is something AA6 followed up on and I enjoyed that. Also she and Apollo basically gossip about how much they dislike Klavier and his stupid outfit and his stupid music and it's very good.

For what it's worth, I like how AA6 handled Ema a lot more; snackoos being reduced to a form of stress relief is a plus, but I prefer how invested she was in her job while still finding the time to talk smack about Nahyuta when he wasn't there

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Guys forget about all that, apparently they spotted a huge creature at Gourd Lake, and it looks kinda like the Loch Ness Monster. hosed up, right?!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

MattTheDoctor posted:

There are no bad AA games though.

How soon we forget Apollo Justice

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Hey guys I talked about Dual Destinies in my Top 50 thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815552&pagenumber=2#post471727584

Spoilers: it's good!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Geez, and I was planning on visiting Kurain Village too. Ah well, maybe some other time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Case 3 is badass and my favorite case in SoJ (though Case 5 is really strong too)

If anything I felt more let down by the DLC case