Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I know there are plenty of stupid people who will run out and buy this poo poo but I'm gonna laugh real hard with one of those $160 earbuds plain fall out and disappear down a drain or something.

Plus I further love the people who are like bluetooth is the future. oh boy more poo poo I have to make sure is charged or some extra dumb dongle I'll have to get sit in my pocket without breaking. Thanks stupid future companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

Just lol at comparing Motorola to Apple.

Apparently cause it was a piece of poo poo anyway and no one wanted it. Oh boy a 2mm thinner phone just the thing I haven't been asking for.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

loquacius posted:

Btw there's still people unironically defending the headphone jack decision in the YOSPOS apple thread

YOSPOS defends Apple's bullshit no matter what so the fact that only some of them are defending this means Apple actually went too far for those nerds to go "WTF"

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This is some weak rear end trolling you all are responding to, good job a bone to pick I can't believe this worked.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Recently work took away all our windows pcs and gave us Ubuntu pcs. It's a nightmare and it prevents us from doing a bunch of work stuff, requiring us to pass a Windows laptop around the office depending on whose doing certain things

I would kill for Windows at work again. Windows is goddamn amazing.
I understand why people try not to use Windows & Active Directory but it sure never seems to work as well.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

revmoo posted:

What.

I've been using a 2013 MBP for the last several years for development work and I have no idea what you're talking about unless Apple somehow totally gimped their newer models in a way I don't know about.

Macs have a long history of having poo poo graphics support. Same hardware runs like garbage vs windows and Linux because the OS has little work done there. Game companies sure keep trying though

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193099
No one is that drat poor

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

Does this really matter? I mean, all iPhones have wireless charging, right? They're premium devices!

Wait what

Im kinda shocked they don't have their own wireless charging standard that they sell for a stupid high amount of money like all their other peripherals. Im sure you could even block the charge with some dumb DRM setup so you have to buy Apple Approved junk

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

this is perfect

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I think the headphone jack thing is dumb as poo poo too but I'm not switching back to android over it because the exchange integration is shittier and I need that for work

loquacius posted:

Google won't fix this because they intentionally sabotage every interaction they can between their tech and MS's tech, but Outlook for Android is usable

Not as good as Outlook for WP was of course :rip:
Im honestly surprised to hear this as all I ever hear about is iPhones failing to sync at random and then you've had two patches for iOS that cause email attachments to get scrambled for no good reason when forwarded from an iPhone. Meanwhile I never hear a peep out of the Android people.

Edit: And iPhones will try your password EIGHT TIMES if it fails just to be sure, which locks up accounts real fast.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 15, 2016

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I've never had a problem with it. I just know I hated touchdown and having to authenticate twice to read email or check my calendar

Touchdown is/was a piece of garbage, Android got native Exchange support in the default email program after..idk 4.1? Does all the security things without having to do it twice like you're describing. But that time period totally existed and totally sucked.

And modern Android does provide device encryption as forced by an Exchange account

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 15, 2016

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

thathonkey posted:

Yeah but if you drop it within a year it's covered and you can buy the 3 year care plan

i think they just favor aesthetics over usability

look at all their terrible mouse designs over the years

God Apple is terrible at almost everything, the power of marketing.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

It's one of the to 10 most valuable companies in the world, a HUGE number of people use Apple products across all ages, social strata, education levels, technical savviness, etcetera. There is no such thing as an 'Apple Fan' because you can find anyone in their user base.

You are really an idiot child that needs to make up wild stories about people that don't exist to massage your tenderhole, that's great, a literally tiny difference in a computer product is enough to make such wild value judgments, etcetera.

Do yourself a favor and read up on 'the narcissism of small differences' and grok what it means while you can, because if you really still believed all this poo poo after, say, age 28 when your brain actually fully forms, then that would be incredibly sad.

bwahahahahahaha

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Thank you for giving me one more thing to laugh at. what a bunch of gently caress ups

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

thathonkey posted:

if you use the headphone jack in your care, the adapter pretty much solves that problem for you other than now you can't charge it which sucks but you can at least by another adapter that splits it so you can charge and listen at the same time. it's lovely but not the end of the world for you.

if you use the headphone jack on the go as headphones are commonly used for then having to remember to carry around an adapter just in case you might want to put headphones on somewhere is ridiculous. i guess now you have to buy wireless headphones (apple's look completely gay of course and probably sound like garbage just like all of their audio)

luckily i don't really do the latter because i never leave my house. in my car i have bluetooth because i'm not poor. iphones are time and time again proven to not be for poors which is why people who dont have them envy them so much and try to nitpick over the smallest issues and create a huge deal about them.

Source your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The lesson here is never run out and buy something for the first 6 months. It will either sound like a bomb or actually be a bomb

• Locked thread