Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Oh my god, Murphy is carrying Lucy around in a cooler.

It is amazing what kind of fun a zombie show can have when the characters are actually competent. Compared to FTWD and TWD where people are as dumb and ineffective as the plot requires, instead of making threats more interesting to challenge a skilled group. Or just letting them slaughter some stuff to a cool rear end intro.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Mr Hootington posted:

that Aftermath show looks very Z Nationy

I think the shot of a burly dude in a pink dress standing behind a machine gun sold me on checking it out actually.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

:laffo: at the Mans list. Why does he need to carry a paper with just one name on it?

"Wait, was I looking for a parachute? Damnit, I can never keep this in my head. Let's see. Oh, nope it was a person. That's right. Now where did he go?"

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I actually like Murphy's path right now. Yeah he's being a total douche he is still Murphy. However, in a world that has nothing going for it, he is now trying to build something. Considering the world is over, and there isn't any societies growing and thriving. He is totally being a dick, but this is pretty much Murphy trying to be a hero. He just doesn't give a poo poo who he sacrifices on the way.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

"They're so slow you'd have to be an idiot to be killed by them."

I like how they got around calling it the United States Postal Service, by calling the USA Postal Service.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Haha holy poo poo, the Cold Steel ad.

Cold Steel best known for this mountain of a man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhknaG9ifbs

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Anally Yours posted:

As a proud employee of the USPS this episode left me outraged.

Outraged that it took them this long to feature a deranged member of the "USA Postal Service". I loved this episode and I love this stupid show. It really is the best zombie show on TV.

USPS Squad Represent :hfive:
I like that he barely waited too. It was like "day 1 I killed the ALL!!!!!!". He probably would have started killing everyone if a bad flu went around.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Erghh posted:

Great suit though. Looks tailored.

Not bad for the apocalypse.

Also 10k :ohdear:

I liked the "M" cuff links.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I know Warren's not dead, and in any other show I'd be full aware of that...

but gently caress I can never know for sure with this show!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

cold steel is the best part of the show now.

They really need to lock up their store after hours though. That is very unsafe.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

An excellent dual reference to the movie Girl Interrupted and actress Winona Ryder's real life struggles with kleptomania :haw:

And she's dressed as Lydia from Beetlejuice!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I would totally watch a miniseries of just the "Crazies and a Bus" show. I am happy they all made it out, and even that they took the bus, just because they will could make a return at some point.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

That always seems to happen. They interact with new characters nearly every week, and they never decide to stick around. The last new guy I figured would join up was Wrecking Ball, but then he just disappeared after the episode (mmmmmmight have been implied Cassandra was going to eat him).

I mean, I like that the group isn't Walking Dead-levels of bloated, but some new blood every now and again couldn't hurt, even if it was just 'we'll stick with you until we get to an outpost/town'. When Doc had to perform the brain surgery with the drill in the Zombnado episode, I figured those two might stick around at least for a couple episodes. Again, nope. 'Just drilled into your skull, you're good to go!'

One thing that is nice that the show is open ended enough (and goofy enough) that characters can always come back to join up. You can definitely tell that when the show first started they wanted the main cast to rotate out a lot more than it wound up being. Thankfully, they stopped killing off people because they struck upon a really run group of actors/characters.

However, while they don't kill people off as often, they are definitely letting things change. A lot of shows just keeps their characters the same, but here we're seeing Murphy turn into a leader (ok and evil leader, but I still think his egotistical dream of ruling the wasteland is better than humanity going extinct entirely) and 10K being bitten and honestly probably has a death timer going for him. Fortunately the show hasn't stagnated like TWD.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Vasquez talk followed directly by Red Hand evidence. I really hope Vasquez went totally nuts and assumed Escorpion's mantle.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/DavidMLatt/status/792182705962229760

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

That was an amazing ending and the preview looks goofy af

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Haha, holy poo poo, that Walking Dead dig.

"I thought you said this garbage fire was dead!"

"I don't know what happened, I saw the Z's take him down by the dumpster! Nobody could have got away from that, nobody!"

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I really liked Vasquez imitating Hector's voice, also that while the thread had guessed he was the leader of the Red Hand but the show played it with a light touch for most of the season.
I'm really sad to see Hector go I was really enjoying him.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

Did we watch the same episode where Hector wakes up at the end?

If he did I missed it. I thought he had a spasm and then they said, "It didn't work" "He didn't turn".

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

The last seconds of the episode had Hector wake up with weird eyes. So he's probably some kind of superzombie now.

I am ok with him being either Anti-Murphy or the Final Boss of the season. Figures I managed to get distracted at the very end.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

^^^
It seems they always had him playing Pa Kettle actually!

Selena and Murphy's fantasy romance is total madness and fun.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I didn't catch more of 10K's note but you could read it with the bleed through. Top line was definitely "Find Warren".

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Doc held out on on the sexy creepy women for an impressive 1.5 seconds.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Part of the problem with such a split up season so far, but they have been showing Warren getting more and more lost in her mission to capture Murphy. Hector specifically warned her that the path she was going down was going to be bad for her.

I like the show better when there's not as much interpersonal drama, so I hope that Murphy and Warren going to save Lucy helps patch that up a bit.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

QwertySanchez posted:

I kinda thought she just meant it in a messianic Jesus loves you kind of way, but with Murphy. it seemed a bit odd otherwise to me because why would he talk to some random minion about that stuff, or even about Warren in general to her. But it works either way, I guess. we'll see!

I figure either brain connections work both ways, or Murphy has been talking a little too much about Warren lately. I wouldn't be surprised if he gave orders specifically to not kill her to his minions. Despite his order to 10K to kill her I guess?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

This episode has been so drat badass, while not actually going overboard on fight scenes.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

After the relatively tame season finale last year I'd forgotten what total dicks the show runners are. This is pretty much on par with the end of season one's "Everyone is nuked and probably dead" ending.

But yeah it is probably a tractor beam, and I'm ok with that. One thing I'd like to see (if he survives) is The Man finding out Zona are a bunch of jerks who are going to dissect the hell out of Lucy and then working to take them down. He seemed to have genuine concern for her, but also having no idea what Zona's plans are with the "We'll find out together" bit.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

I don't get it what's Zone A supposed to mean?

I'm a bit confused by this too.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Ahhh ok, guess I was thinking there was a deeper meaning than that.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Did they seriously end the season like that?

To be fair, season 1 ended with literal nuclear hell fire. Seemed there was no way anyone would survive it.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

etalian posted:

It gets points for having anal deus ex machina in the pilot episode.

Anal Sex Machina, gawd.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

IRQ posted:

Time for Z Nation again? Ok.

I have no recollection of how the last season ended.

Pretty much everyone was just about to die.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I am going to guess that Newmerica is being organized by Citizen Z.

Also, I guess the "reset" is still going to happen even if Zona is completely destroyed? Like maybe it's on a timer and just going to go off.

With the people disappearing, I wonder if they are actually having folk be straight up raptured.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Caedus posted:

Henry Rollins as the sensitive military guy has made this season for me already. I saw his Hot Ones interview when it was uploaded and realized I needed an HR fix, but I missed the tweet where they announced him as part of this season. I'm quite happy.

I love that his character basically seemed to stem from writers saying, "Man, the evil tough guy Military trope is played out, let's just do the total opposite."

And HR being cast is an awesome reversal.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

This was said a while back, but someone was saying that people disappearing could be them being disconnected from a computer, and that's part of "The Reset" talk. When Warren was holding onto the antennae she looked at her hand and it looked very much like an 80s cyber vr interface glove styled thing. Definitely reality breakdown stuff going down, Zona could be messing with survivors heads or something.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Sammus posted:

When they got to the surface all I could think of was aperature science.

I feel like that might have been a direct reference, was just a little too close. Not that "Secret base exits to a field via lone shack" hasn't been done elsewhere. Would fit nicely into "computer simulation" theory though.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I like the "3 Ninjas" where they just scribbled a "Z" over the s in sharpie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Was the weird glasses guy shown to definitively be a part of Zona? I always thought he was, but now I can't recall if it was ever shown.

• Locked thread