Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

PotatoJudge posted:

Bummer that we probably won't get any more Pisay Pao.

Doubtful since she died in the next episode (series timeline).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I laughed at the Chinese soldier limping after being disco balled in the shoulder.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Mr Hootington posted:

yeah this turned Murphy from a bad good rear end in a top hat to an evil character.

The bad good guy who stole food and water from a mother and kid then unleashed a zombie on them. He was never good.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Z nation is rarely subtle.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah he wandered off.

And probably became The Scorpion 2. (Red Hand) I never liked him anyway, he was always an rear end in a top hat.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I was honestly shocked he lived through the episode. No one gets that much screen time unless they are about to die. Well I guess Addie got a whole episode and didn't die so what do I know.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Great episode other than not inoculating The Man again.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Showing the Z flag and not having it for sale is a lot stupid. My daughter wants one for Christmas and it's not even real.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Some flag shops will do custom orders. Since someone else posted a pic of it, a place that does customs could probably hook you up.

Thanks. Actually I sell print, including flags and can have one made easily (and probably will). It just seemed really dumb to tease a bit of merch like that and not have it for sale immediately after.

edit; that was surprisingly easy to recreate. I'll send it off and have one made and report back with a pic. I'll get a smaller one, probably 18" wide or something, maybe a tad bigger.

wormil fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 11, 2016

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

DarklyDreaming posted:

The last seconds of the episode had Hector wake up with weird eyes. So he's probably some kind of superzombie now.

Some kind of smart zombie.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

ozmunkeh posted:

Frankly, I find the idea of a Z that thinks offensive!

Well, too bad! We're in this war for the species.

tomapot posted:

Funny TWD callout, something like "I've heard of baseball bats being wrapped in barbed wire but not whole Zs"

It's a pretty badass idea actually. Wrap your Z's in concertina wire and turn them loose on enemies.

Sent this flag to be printed, ordered 3. Material isn't 100% decided yet, told them to call me since I sent it while they were closed.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
The flag turned out well but I don't like the hemming. Tempted to order another without it.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

steinrokkan posted:

The hemming may be necessary, depending on what kind of fabric they are using. Maybe try to trim the excess margins a bit?

It's polyester. There shouldn't have been excess. Also this is a different material than the last time I ordered "polyester". Last time it was a soft material that had to be hemmed because it would fray, this stuff feels coated.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

I loved that.

And 5k in his flying squirrel suit.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Invalid Validation posted:

I don't get it what's Zone A supposed to mean?

For anyone who didn't make the connection ...

Zone A = Zona, the place they first heard about in Roswell and the place that sent The Man. It was on the experimental US Air Force aircraft (UFO) in the last episode which means it's not just a bunch of billionaire assholes, it's a bunch of billionaire assholes and possibly vestiges of the US government. And as GreenNight said, there could be Zone B, C, etc. The weird thing is everyone has been calling it "Zona", The Man, the sub personnel, etc.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

nooneofconsequence posted:

The base is in Arizona, people.

Is it? I thought they said it was on an island. Driving a submarine from Arizona must have been a bitch.

edit; nm, apparently my humor detector is broken again.

wormil fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 19, 2016

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I don't normally follow actors on Twitter so I don't know if it's normal but the actors on this show tweet about it constantly. A little less now that it's between seasons.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Probably around September or early October

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
The writing has always been convenient to the episode plot and character motivations are questionable. I right it off as Roberta being lost without a mission, what it is doesn't matter as long as someone is telling her what to do. Doc is along for the ride. Addy is maturing from teen to adult but is also struggling to find motivation to keep going after losing Mac(?). Was that his name? Murphy is just tired of everyone's poo poo.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Probably. Keith Allan posts a lot but he posts a lot more during filming and he's been hanging with Doc lately.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I love Blood Drive. I feel like it's going to end up being better than it should be.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I don't get the preoccupation with The Man. He's cool but right off the bat people were amped about him more than warranted.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
A week, I can't believe it's almost fall. I'm not ready.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I wouldn't mind them killing off Warren (being the leader sucks, that's how this show works), leave Lucy in Zona (although Lucy is now played by Tara Holt), and go one more season with Doc, 10K, and Murphy. And at the end of S5 they bring the cure to a tropical island populated with bikini models.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Did they put her in medicinal high heels?

For the first couple minutes I kept expecting she was still in a dream.

It also looked like they were difficult to walk in.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

NonzeroCircle posted:

Keith Allen is also really good at hyperventilating.
He oddly really is. For just a second I totally bought he was having a real panic attack.

I don't know much about the guy but his twitter feed gives me the impression he would be fun to hang with.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I feel like too much plot ruins more shows than it helps. The best part of Blood Drive was the first half of the season when it was about sex and vehicular homicide. I want more zombnadoes, zombabies, zomballs, killing zombies with the Liberty Bell, and Doc getting high with zombies; less overarching evil corporation poo poo, prophecies or visions. If I want complexity, I'll watch something else.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

NonzeroCircle posted:

I find Lucy way more irritating than Addy but I cant really explain why that is. I think Addy has gone a bit too grizzled though.

The new Lucy. The previous Lucy was fine. Something about this actress or character, meh. Plus she's going through the teenager phase.

I hope Warren dies this season. Her character has grown into an annoying person. And the show is overdue for leader death.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Rocksicles posted:

... clean clothes, and ... two eyes.

Boring.

Actually I hadn't even missed her, just kill her off already. Kill them all. Z's take over the planet.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I kept wondering where they were going with the Caligari reference, then... Oh.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Warren was becoming insufferable since early last season and it's getting worse. Honestly she's ruining the show for me, although I actually liked this last episode except for the Warren parts.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Juggalo means jack all to me and I had no problems with the episode, it was one of the better ones this season. If you didn't understand it ... Murphy and 10K are pissed at Warren and do something to spite her. And like most decisions made out of spite, it turns out to be a bad one. Also Sarge got a bra, the least flattering bra of all time and I hope they let her ditch it or get a better one because she looks dumb.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

GreenNight posted:

... her nipples poking out all the time.

Except in the last episode, her red bra straps were hanging off her shoulders.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

wormil posted:

Juggalo means jack all to me and I had no problems with the episode, it was one of the better ones this season.

Invalid Validation posted:

I wonder what it was like for someone who has no idea who ICP is? Probably pretty bad.

It's not complicated. Juggalos are overzealous fans who wear makeup and ape their favorite band. You could get that much from context. Actually I think they even tell you that in the episode. It's cosplay for rednecks.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

GreenNight posted:

Man I was really hoping the weather girl would somehow be alive and join the crew.

I expected her to be dead but was hoping she wouldn't be. The reveal was a bit anti climatic though.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

STAC Goat posted:

I think I might just be over the show. I'm mainly waiting to see if 10K finds his girlfriend. And make sure Doc keeps surviving, but he's going to outlive everyone.

Might mean something, might not ...

Red is not credited anymore this season which doesn't prove anything but for this show that information has been reliable in previous seasons.

Dr Sun has no more credits this season.

Addie has one more credited appearance this season.

Doc is credited for every episode this season except the last one, but I wouldn't take that to mean anything because those credits are incomplete. A character previously thought to be dead is also credited. Flashback? Surprise return?

But yeah, this is the weakest season so don't torture yourself watching something that doesn't make you happy.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
About five minutes in the middle were fun. Overall it was the worst episode of the series. I doubt they even had a script. Must have slashed their budget to the bone to have characters walking around in foam as a plot. The suntan lady was funny but looked like she was wearing a painted pillowcase. The editing was very jumpy too. Not good.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

GreenNight posted:

People overreact, what else is new.

This is behind my monitor right now. I'm a fan, but when an episode sucks, it sucks.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

GreenNight posted:

No, your opinion is perfectly fine.

Oh thank goodness, I was so worried.

What's troubling about episodes like the foam storm is they were clearly made on a shoestring budget: minimal set, high school quality costumes, minimal script that was probably ad-libbed. Combined with the overall decline in quality, disappearing cast, crappy season arc, and it suggests to me this season almost didn't happen. And that really upsets me considering this is still one of Syfy top shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Driving into the sunset felt like foreshadowing, even if it didn't make sense because DC is the other way.

• Locked thread