Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Citizen Z's number one fan is hilariously deadpan. And Misery references are always good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

This show never disappoints. Doc and Black Elvis are a great team.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Holy poo poo. Doc hotshot that guy.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Dalael posted:

I'm not a big fan of TWD, but its not nearly as bad as this thread forum makes it.

Both shows have their ups and down. They're very different and I think both are enjoyable to watch. Although Z Nation is definitely more entertaining and fun.

Z Nation is way more fun, and as silly as it sounds, I feel like the world in Z Nation is more realistic. At least concerning post apocalyptic settlements and humanity's overall attitude towards the situation. Especially early on, before the nukes fell. But it's the Zpocalypse, so I'm just rolling with it.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Uh, is it just me, or did Warren act completely out of character early in this episode?

Yeah, a lot felt off about this episode. But she did just watch one of her friends die, and then killed her lover the episode prior, so I guess it makes sense. It still felt really weird.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

JossiRossi posted:

After the relatively tame season finale last year I'd forgotten what total dicks the show runners are. This is pretty much on par with the end of season one's "Everyone is nuked and probably dead" ending.

I feel like they probably have to write some of their season finales like that because they don't know if they'll get renewed or not.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Im totally going to find a way to troll the TWD thread with this. How long until that show has the main cast luring zombie hordes to their death?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Bruteman posted:

Murphy and Warren really make the heart of the show, which is unsurprising because I think they're the best actors on it. Murphy is a really great character, he really sells the whole conflict of just wanting to save his own rear end but eventually having empathy for the rest of the team (and the Zs) and not quite knowing how to do it.

You mean Doc. Doc is truly the heart and soul of Z Nation.

bull3964 posted:

I've mentioned this before, but one of the reasons why Asylum productions are what they are is shooting pace. They very rarely do more than one take. This becomes less of an issue when shooting a series as the cast and crew settle into a groove and you would naturally need fewer takes.

That's my theory anyways.

I don't think Asylum gets enough credit. People see the name and think "ewww lovely syfy movies" but really, they have a lot of experience with doing things on the cheap that other studios would spend shitloads of money on. They also get a TON of experience because of how many movies they pump out, which can't hurt.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 29, 2017

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I just realized they got Henry Rollins to play a military dude. I thought I recognized him!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Caedus posted:

Henry Rollins as the sensitive military guy has made this season for me already. I saw his Hot Ones interview when it was uploaded and realized I needed an HR fix, but I missed the tweet where they announced him as part of this season. I'm quite happy.

Same, I can't think of a better addition to the cast. I hope he survives the season, or at least goes down in an unexpectedly epic way.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Goodbye Henry :smith:

God drat it. He was too beautiful for this world.

Maybe we'll get to keep the sergeant for a little while at least, she seem pretty hard core.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

When they got to the surface all I could think of was aperature science.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Well that was... Unexpected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Caedus posted:

This episode really felt like a return to form for me. I'm not entirely sure what it was - the flashbacks to the Zpocolypse going down, or maybe Citizen Z returning finally? The Canada episode was good (ok maybe I'm a bit biased) but this was hands-down my favorite ep of the season.

I feel the same, this has easily been the high point of this season.

• Locked thread