Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the last guy couldn't do it any neither can you Prof, but I salute you for trying

also ew the PS3 sprites

e: I guess Shiny actually used them too. He made it to early Episode 3, let's see if you can beat the high score.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The sprite issues aside, you definitely need to get some videos in there because the added voice acting is fantastic and adds a lot to some scenes.

e: actually moreso than the sprites I think the PS3 misses the weird filtered photo backgrounds

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Please do not consume known Sound Novel Umineko no Naku Koro Ni in an audioless format.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I honestly like the existing visual more, it lets you see the background art better. Don't switch at all, imo.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's especially weird because the port went to the trouble of replacing all of the blurred photo backgrounds (which I liked) with actual background art so slapping a box on it is an extremely strange choice.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The best part about Kinzo is that there are somehow characters even better than him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kinzo is supposed to sound pathetic here.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Umineko has a lot of cards left to play. If you see something odd, there's probably a reason for it.

I say this both because it's true and to jack up the general level of semi-justified paranoia.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ProfessorProf posted:

I knew a grown rear end college student who did the third person talking thing when I was living in Tokyo, so I guess it varies.

(If you want an anime that does a good job of portraying a child as something other than a weird, stupid adult, maybe give Sweetness and Lightning a shot.)

Or known anime only series Bunny Drop.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh well there's your Maria update then

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Incidentally it's worth mentioning now and remembering going forward: Ryukishi07, the author, used to be a social worker.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Biting one's tongue hasn't gotten less painful since Shiny's thread.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Classic Seacats sprites are beautiful and unique creatures, do not bully them

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's episode 1.

Be patient.

Those who know things past episode 1, stop talking about them.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

EagerSleeper posted:

Seriously, wtf is up with Maria? Even a nine year old should know not to be celebrating the death of a nice cousin's parents.

quote:

On the tenth twilight, the journey shall end, and you shall reach the village of gold.

The witch will praise the wise, and should bestow four treasures.
One shall be, all the gold from the Golden Land.
One shall be, the resurrection of the souls of all the dead.
One shall be, even the resurrection of the lost love.
One shall be, to put the witch to sleep for all time.
Sounds pretty rad to me!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Demon Kaizoku posted:

Sayaka Ohara (Beatrice) is a real treasure to listen to. She really is. You can tell how much she enjoys playing the role with every word she says. I love it. :allears: If you haven't watched any of the videos in the thread thus far for the voice acting yet, I recommend you do so from now on. While everyone's really good I can't help but consider Beatrice being on another level, altogether.

This thread could easily be called Daisuke Ono and Sayaka Ohara Scream At Each Other Forever

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kaja Rainbow posted:

There is a lot I can't say because I've already read the whole thing, but I've been enjoying the reactions of those new to Umineko.

Post in the discord

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ProfessorProf posted:

Goddamn young couples defying gravity at the aquarium

I can't wait to get more progress so we can post more of the high quality fanmade dumb poo poo umineko has produced

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

okay so for real, I am so used to the waiter arm that I literally didn't noticed he wasn't doing it until you mentioned it just now (though in my defense I'm only skimming updates)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kinzo's BEEEEOOOOTRICHEEEE is nothing compared to the myriad ways in which Battler's name is going to get yelled before this is over

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the stockings are there to accentuate her Sick Ink.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

beatrice 'exists' motherfuckers :witch:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Also of course the stakes anthropomorphize into schoolgirls. :japan:

The stakes are hard working young ladies, don't bully.

Also it's not normally visible in her sprites but Bern's a catgirl, jokes on you fuckers, it's been anime THE WHOLE TIME.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Now all the newbies saying Battler isn't trying hard enough can stop complaining. The man is objectively doing his best! :colbert:

E: Beato is one of my favorite characters in anything

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Glazius posted:

So if we can circle back to the epitaph for a little bit, what does it actually mean to be "chosen by the key"? I know the whole thing was called "the demon's roulette", but "chosen" implies there's something making a choice.

The choice is yours, the be incompetent or accept the witch

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Again, the man is objectively incompetent, I don't know what you were expecting!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I forgot about Battler's goddamn "eating" joke :cripes:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the metaworld, it should be noted, is a mostly pants-free society

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If I remember right, in the Higurashi anime, doesn't Takano meet with some benefactors or something, and one of them appears to be Lambda without her face being revealed?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Welcome to the second best episode!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

lotus circle posted:

Definitely the best of the question arcs in my opinion.

yup

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dern witch infestations ruining perfectly good family outings!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

there should really be a YOU INCOMPETENT version of :milk:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

And White Day even

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Don't surrender to the witch, but you honestly might as well surrender to Kinzo because you people aren't going to do this.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Like Clockwork posted:

Also the blue Chiester sister's verbal tic is grating. Like I thought it would get less grating over time, but nope. :catstare:

Do not bully bunnies they are doing their best

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Golgo's been shooting them with arrows from space.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Looks like one more question episode. (Which is apparently needed to solve the mystery) then 4 breakdown episodes. Don't really know much about anything on this stuff. Other then having heard about a character in the breakdown episodes.

With regards to this, Prof, after 4 is done what say you to giving them a week break to commiserate on the Epitaph, solutions, etc? Because once Chiru starts poo poo is going to get weird fast.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

EagerSleeper posted:

Oh poo poo, what's going to happen then that will justify that? :aaa:

Umineko Chiru is literally a different game than Umineko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tender Child Loins posted:

The butt (lol) must be Hideyoshi's because the alternative—Kyrie literally being Rudolf's ash tray—is too gross to contemplate.

Kinkshaming, in this, the seacats thread?

• Locked thread