Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I don't know anything about this game, but I've seen the the first two seasons of Higurashi's show which I liked enough to sit through, so I'll see where this game goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I saw the opening animation years ago and was like "Wow, that looks neat what is that?" and everyone telling me what it is and not to watch it cause it's bad or whatever. Honestly until this LP showed up I had no idea that this, or Higurashi for that matter, were originally VN's.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I really think this whining about Maria being an dumb, annoying child thing has become more annoying than Maria herself. Also 9 year olds are still pretty loving dumb and annoying. I get that it's anime where anyone above 19 years old is probably a grizzled war veteran for anime, while kids (in most fiction honestly) just act like insecure adults who are conveniently dumb when writers can't come up with conflict/suck. So Maria being a dumb, annoying child doesn't really bother me as much.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 23, 2016

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I think it's possible that Rosa is so violent toward Maria because she sees her own insecurities of herself as a child. Rosa was the youngest sibling under a violent father, and Maria is a youngest cousin(I don't know how old Battler's sister is) of the household. Probably still to early to make this assumption since we are still in the beginning posts, but It doesn't sound like too far of a stretch.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I guess I'll vote tindeck since it's been more reliable on my phone, at least so far on other threads.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
You'd almost think the head of the of such a household name clings romantically to old patriarchal ideas of another cultures history to fulfill some twisted fantasy to escape their own demise and reunite with a magical creature only they have claimed to meet, but that would just be silly.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Voting smallest resolution, don't want to miss subtle animation when it shows up.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
All the characters seem to be getting more and more annoyed about Maria, since this is a sequel to Higurashi I'm expecting the episode titled:
"The Gang throws a nine year old out of a third story window."
Or something similar.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Dante's Inferno is already self-insert fan fiction as it is, this is getting really meta.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Eventually they'll ask what "Beatrice" looks like and she'll probably just say, "like Beatrice :smug:". Or they'll get a run down in detail of exactly what happened step by step which is what I'm waiting for.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Episode 1: Battler and the awful, terrible, no good, very bad day. ~end.
Though I'm expecting that to be every episode so maybe that's no the best title for it.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
The murderer of Eva and Hideyoshi was hiding in within the room before and after they were caught, nobody found them because they were roped away by the murder of Kanon. So there are multiple killers.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
It just occurred to me that all the lapses in logic seem to be rationalized by characters as "it's just magic", but it never occurred to them that in itself is a lapse in logic which can explain why these murders are happening. For example Maria keeps hammering the idea that everyone will be revived at the end of this event so the murders are no big deal, so who's to say any or all death are the result of this thinking and just mutually agreeing to their own deaths and killings each other and/or themselves?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
When this update started I couldn't help laughing when Beatrice appeared, all I was thinking was "Greetings, I am Space Ghost."
Anyway to add more theories for the smarter people, this update seems to suggest that Beatrice "possesses" someone, but maybe it's just suggestions from Kinzo and his servants to grab one of the first six sacrifices and brainwash them into "becoming" Beatrice. Although maybe that's not limited to the First Six victims, someone smarter could make something that holds water cause I'm really just eager to see where this crazy poo poo goes.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I was gonna try and do a one-ten word description on everyone, but that post said pretty much everything and with more depth. So no point in me putting in anything.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Dr Pepper posted:

Somebody earlier in the thread compared Beatrice to fairies and I think that's pretty accurate.

Sure, right now Beatrice is fine with shipping Shannon and George, being friends with her and having a good time. But when the time comes to start the resurrection ritual she'll totally just murder her cause thems the breaks.

Seems more like a contractor trying to get you to sign a deal before you have time to read the fine print or hire a lawyer: "Hey what's this part about no one on the island escaping alive, I mean I thought I just had to break a mirror and you'll be revived. Are you making this up as you go? Let me call my exorcist."

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Battler obviously thinks he's either drugged or talking to an alien humanoid that uses technology too advanced for some teens in the 80's to comprehend so they would normally dismiss it as magic.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

EagerSleeper posted:

Battler already takes some inspiration on how to act pervy from comedy anime, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to believe he's familiar with sci-fi anime too.

I was really thinking of something like Star Trek when I said that since that is exactly what happens in that show at times. And one of the soundtracks in this had audio from an episode for whatever reason so it just came to mind. But I guess sci-fi anime would come to mind in the 80s as well.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
It's not a huge problem, but the first music link in this update goes straight to YouTube and not polsy.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

EagerSleeper posted:

What's up with portrait of Beatrice becoming that of the schoolgirl uniform version? Is it still supposed to be the classic painting of her in a dress to everyone else but the audience, or is Kinzo a fan of high school animes in this universe?

I like to think it's Beatrice loving with Battler in their weird hell dimension where they watch all of this go down, well that and to give the impression that she's a illegitimate heir to Kinzo. So she's just loving with everyone at this point.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

I never saw this profile until now, and something doesn't add up. Beatrice you know those boots and stockings don't go with that outfit, you gotta step your fashion game up if you want to win Battlers heart soul life here :nyd:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

EagerSleeper posted:

"The stripe stocking help show that she is a classical witch. Without stripe stockings, how would you know she's a witch? Hence, stripe stockings = witch. QED, Battler."

_____/

Theres no excuse for those boots though, a witch should be able to see that. :colbert:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

little_firebird posted:

She's the Golden Witch, not the Fashion Witch. :v:

Sure, but someone so vain wouldn't ruin an otherwise good outfit with such shoddy footwear. It's like smelting your gold along with dirt, yeah it's still worth something but you still ruined it. :argh:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Happy Halloween!

Man will Battler ever have his parents around for solving crimes/witch hunts?

Maybe solving crimes when your parents die is just genetic.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

ProfessorProf posted:

I'll put in a video if there's a second for that request.

I'll second that request.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I was gonna make a "gee I wonder who will die next?" joke, but Beatrice came out to point it out to everyone. Well done. :golfclap:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

EagerSleeper posted:

The fight video should have a flashing banner on top where it says *THIS IS WHAT KINZO ACTUALLY BELIEVES*.

Agreed, I now can't help but believe what Beatrice is trying to make Battler believe is that Eva and Hideyoshi were totally killed the same way and it makes sense and is not really loving dumb.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I remember Kinzo saying something about not loving up this time around, and now with Vocoloid Satan was talking about having murdered Kanon earlier. It made me realize that Kinzo somehow remembers his last timeline despite having "no talent"???
Was his last "attempt" the last timeline of dying offscreen the Umineko equivalent of running face first into the first Goomba in Super Mario Bros. after claiming to be an expert?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I remember Maria complaining when Rosa took her letter away that "it's the invitation to the Golden Land" or whatever it's called, it begs questioning whether Maria had opened and read the letter already or if she was just assuming it's some sort of invitation.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I don't know about anyone else, but I think leaving the gun with Rosa instead of Natsuhi might just make things more messy. :unsmigghh:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

KataraniSword posted:

So um, what was that about nitpicking? :stare: Honestly, if we take the "Witch Beatrice is a mental state that affects other people" theory to heart, Kanon apparently got hit with it hard

I thought that it was Beatrice herself "turned" into Kanon; weather its makeup/special effects, magic, or drugs it seems clear that it was Beatrice or maybe one of her servants. This would be a better reveal for her servants imho, cause the goat demon/ vocaloid satan was exceptionally dumb, so much that I'm gonna just pretend it never happened since it didn't.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I'm just gonna spitball that everyone's a witch or will become a witch, yes including Battler.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

I'm aware this track played during the climax of episode one and was perfect during that segment, but I'd just like to say this might be my favorite track in this game/visual novel so far. Holy poo poo, it fits so well.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I still wondering if the other Battler in Purgatory/Hell has a different opinion than this Battler or if they both share a consciousness. I feel like now would be the time they would confirm it, so I'm just waiting for the next update.

Also it said Rosa denied Beatrice, I thought the reason Battler is in Purgatory/Hell was because he denied Beatrice existing and that ruined her plans. Unless she just got murdered outright like Natsuhi did last episode?

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 22, 2016

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
So #th Twilight means any loving time in any order, gently caress riddles. Gonna be funny when Battler solves this stupid mess with gingerbread men or something though.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

KataraniSword posted:

I think that already happened.

Relatedly, I hear the new Doom remake is selling like gangbusters.

Goatmen in suit have huge guts. :unsmigghh:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
This entire update is just, what? :suspense:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

So ignoring all magical stuff that we saw can anyone think of a way someone could have done this by human hands.

Anime

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
This makes me think Beatrice as a title is like the witch equivalent a College Sorority that's been taken over by a jerkass student who can keep paying for tuition and refuses to graduate, but for centuries on and on. Oh and a whole lot more murdering and other witchcraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

EagerSleeper posted:

On this island where everyone deserves to die, I'm starting to feel bad for their upbringings... gently caress Kinzo.

Well even considering that Beatrice may or may not be the one killing everyone it's still at the fault of someone else... gently caress Kinzo.

• Locked thread