Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
gently caress

I honestly feel like these flashbacks would belong in the Answers Arc I keep hearing about. The writing here isn't bad, but it is all was shoved into the back-burner that is this last chapter. Although I at least appreciate giving flashbacks for all 4 cousins lives before coming to the murder island. Wait, Battler hasn't gotten a flash back has he? Oh no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
How can witches be real if anime isn't real?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

oath2order posted:

"Oh hey a bunch of new posts, wonder what the newbies are up to....oh. Oh. :yikes:"

:staredog: I mean I feel like this every morning, but this is of a different caliber.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I'm seeing a lot of speculation on Shannon recently, but I feel like Natsuhi has looked suspicious from recent events.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I see we've come back to our regularly scheduled anime bullshit, complete with a new vocaloid rabbit and everything.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

SardonicTyrant posted:

Note that the third bunnygirl has only one eye. :v:

Hey, you stop that. This is a family murder game show.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Pretty cute update. :3: By the way one of Battler's portraits was using Satan's portrait by mistake.

That has to be a Freudian slip of some sort.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I feel like the real strategy that should be used for talking in blue is to just throw as many as possible at all angles. It doesn't matter if its a square, triangle, circle, dodecahedron peg throw them down every shaped hole. Also make holes of course, like Kinzo shot 6 people in a locked room while Genji kept him from being attacked by Krauss, then Genji was shot while this played out. or Russian Roulette isn't as fun with 6 bullets, just ask these guys. or All the rooms in this mansion are soundproof and contain firearms. So the goal is really for Battler to do this:

(I really just forgot I made this picture and wanted an excuse to post it :v:)

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

SardonicTyrant posted:

The six were not killed by traps, and a trap is defined as something the victims could trigger by themselves, or something that could be triggered remotely or on a timer.

By this explanation is poisoning someone be considered a trap?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

SardonicTyrant posted:

Beatrice: "Oh, umm... that's it! Something that activates when a victim triggers it on their own. Oh, and that's not all! It also includes things activated by remote control or by a timer, everything of that sort!"

Ronove: "Pu ku ku... So, it refers to all arrangements that could carry out a murder without the direct participation of the one who planned it out. Perhaps we might sum it up that way."

It depends on if Ronove is elaborating for us or deceiving us. I feel it's the former, though.

I suppose that may apply to poisoning someone's food, but a poisoned needle or weapon of some sort still sounds like fair game. Now to find out if there's a poison that peels the victims' face off.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

KataraniSword posted:

Whether it's a trap or not is also a bit irrelevant, I don't know of any poison that leads to "instant" death.

From what I read, on google in the last 5 minutes, the fastest thing would be cyanide in about minute if swallowed and about 5 seconds by injection. Sounds pretty "instant" to me, but at this point it's pretty much irrelevant and may as well be a gunshot as far as subtlety goes. Now I have to delete my search history, glad to be back to the murdering part of Umineko again.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

avoraciopoctules posted:

If you go with Beatrice as reactionary hallucination theory, like this is Blindsight by Peter Watts, then maybe you could make the case that this part of some incredibly bullshit memetic attack meant to create the Witch Hunt people Ange meets in her timeline. But I really hope this doesn't go there. The big reveal at the end of Dangan Ronpa was pretty disappointing to me.

I get the feeling that Umineko is going to go down like Killer 7 by the end. Your post just made put some pieces together in my head and I can't unsee the similarities Umineko an Killer 7's plot and themes. :psyduck:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

idonotlikepeas posted:

I REALLY want to see the game here where they're menaced by Mr. Gold Warehouse.

Well by the way Kinzo likes changing things to fit his wrestling wizard persona, he'd probably change it to Gold Storage. Realize it's not very menacing either, then change that to Cold Storage. Of course he'd ruin that by recycling the billions of ice/cold related puns that have froze over media.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 20, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I have no clue who Battler and Maria's second choice might be, so I'll just guess what choices would be taken. Battler would pick number one cause he seems like the heroically stupid type given the opportunity. Jessica would pick number two since she thinks Kanon would understand her choice and accept it. George would pick number three since he's madly in love with Shanon and Beatrice has been foreshadowing him having a dark side to him and that seems like a good opportunity to show it. Maria would pick number three because she has no one left and witches are real, so get hosed.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I was really wondering why there is a fighting game with Umineko characters until this update, is chapter 4 gonna turn in to G Gundam now? (Don't answer this)

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

alcharagia posted:

Funny part is, Gaap isn't actually playable and Chiester 410 is the representative of all three of them. :v:

I hope Chiester 410 has only one extremely annoying, overpowered special move and nothing else going for her.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Danaru posted:

You know how in Street Fighter 2, Sagat does that thing where he just uses Tiger Shot for the entire round and either chip damages or times out the match

:mad:

I was thinking more of Pet Shop from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure on the PS1, same thing I know. Also hoping Battler fights like Phoenix Wright in MVC3 in that he wins by tripping over himself and shouting a lot.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Doc Hawkins posted:

The biggest mystery left is why Gaap is not.

I still don't know why Gaap is in this game.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Classy Hydra posted:

Because Goldsmith summoned her to instantly transport the rest of the sacrifices to his remote dungeon holding cell with her magical wormholes, weren't you paying attention?

Casting magic could have done that, seems like a waste to hire a new servant to press a button on a remote that's in your hand. So I'll repeat: I still don't know why Gaap is in this game, except to get owned by George and wear silly outfits.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I didn't say Kinzo can cast magic, I said casting magic could do it. As in anyone from the Witch's side should be able to do it, unless there's some reason only Gaap can teleport things. Which is hilarious if you ask me since an old colleague I haven't seen in decades summoning me from literally Hell just to move furniture for them would piss me off to no end.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Doc Hawkins posted:

The demons seem to all be analogues for either people or tools which the culprit could have used. Ronove -> Genji, Kumasawa -> Virgilia, Chiesters -> guns, Stakes -> Stakes. I think Gaap represents hidden passages or trap-doors which very well could exist between any rooms not explicitly red-texted as closed. I'm especially suspicious of the equipment room that Gohda and Kumasawa were locked in, and which Those Murders were found That One Time.

I think Gaap's moveset is not so impossible to imagine: she can create holes in the ground at a few different distances which send you to point-blank range, where she kicks you around. It even describes George getting inside her range.

Thank you for the answer I really wanted, I still think she's lame but this is better than just "because the artist was really proud of this goofy character design they made, also tits."

As for fighting games, she could be a bullshit teleporting everywhere type like half of the Mortal Kombat characters, also dive kicks.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
This some levels of anime I would not expect after episode 1, but there's still another whole game after this so I'm sure this isn't peak anime. What are Battler and Maria doing right now, I like to think they're watching cartoons and Battler is getting frustrated at Krauss for not using the magically enchanted jail cell bar as a weapon against the goat man.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
So Goat-kun is the secret final boss of the fighting game right? It would make me sad to find out he was a joke character, or not there at all.

Wasn't Virgillia supposed to be intimidating in Episode 3 or was that just a fever dream?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

oath2order posted:

Oh god I just noticed the high-five and I just burst into uncontrollable laughter.

I had to double check that line, holy poo poo! Also, whoops didn't read the whole update.

Edit: Welp, there goes everybody. This episode has some weird pacing.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 2, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
That was a really tense update that's probably leading to the finale of this first game, after all this wacky Dragonball Z fighting in the what I'm really excited for is Beatrice and Battler screaming at each other some more. This almost feels like Episode 1 again without all the Shadow Realm Battler and Beatrice debating each other, in that nothing is in red so it really solidifies the feeling that none that Dragonball Z poo poo matters or even happened.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
He could be the 20th person or maybe the 36th with the way things have been going. I don't think there can be anymore than that.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Not to sound rude, but I feel like some of you folks are forgetting that the reason Beatrice is done with the game is because Battler is not the same person from 6 years ago that committed the "sin". Or at least that is what has been implied by the test she gave him, since it sounds like the test was to see if he is the only person who remembers the "sin" which would be the real Battler. Is that implying that he is already qualified to be successor aside from this? Because Beatrice has been all hot and bothered by him being like a young Kinzo for awhile and never seems to have skipped a more formal test.

Anyway, I just hope that it has more to do with him being someone other than the real Battler or even him being forgetful as a character flaw is better to me. Please don't let it be a baby swap, that would be so dumb.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Tender Child Loins posted:

Kind of pulling for a "oh poo poo the Rokkenjima wolves were real" reversal.

Same. :getin:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Ange is Rudolf's daughter, so it begs the question of whether or not she would immediately pet the wolves. :3:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I guess it could be like Silent Hill's bad ending. As in Ange was shot and is now bleeding out, but having hallucinations of Purgatory Sisters and Eva reviving just to be killed. That would be stupid though, Silent Hill's bad ending was stupid too.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Without angst it cannot be seen.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

resurgam40 posted:

-Fourth Mystery: The Boiler Room: again, regarding Kanon's "death", all we have to go on is the testimony of people I now find untrustworthy. Although the stench of Kinzo's corpse is now noticeable by all, it's Kanon and Kumasawa who "went on ahead" to investigate. People have already pointed out the discrepancy of those guys going together, but only Kanon seeing Beatrice or being attacked, Kumasawa arriving later. Besides, the thing that happens here is something of a leitmotif of the central theme: Kanon stands heroically against Beatrice's will to protect his loved ones, and he is struck down through treachery and Beato's might. At the time, I took it as real at the time, because the sentiment behind it and the feeling of betrayal it evokes seemed true, but knowing what I do now, I have to question his death here as I now question Shannon's death in the First Twilight: is it really a murder, or a sacrifice to build the Legend of the Golden Witch and send a message? So this is my hypothesis: Kumasawa stabbed Kanon in the chest as he held the axe aloft, to create the illusion of resistance. She stabbed him in a non-lethal manner so Nanjo can dress his wounds and later give a false diagnosis of his death. After his corpse is isolated, Kanon rises again to prepare the final, physical meeting of Beatrice.

As for Kinzo, he was placed in the boiler before the start of the game, and sometime last night, someone turned on the heat.

I don't have any red quotes to counter this but reading it gave me another theory on this. Since there was a scene of Battler chasing after someone after Kumasawa called everyone over. Kanon was dead before the first twilight. And The Kanon we know is an imposter that placed the corpse of the real Kanon in the boiler room with a stake in his chest. Just feel like throwing this out there, also it seems pretty convenient that Kinzo is extra crispy whenever Battler sees him so he died before the first twilight too probably maybe. That's all I cooked up from your post, I might come up with some more if you post something on Episode 2. Cause I don't even remember 90% of Episode 2 honestly. :blush:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I got nothing to add right now because I'm still laughing at Dragon Kinzo being a thing that happens and it's really the only thing that works for someone called Gold Warehouse, icing on the cake for me being Battler "killing" him with Unlimited Blue Works. That's the best pun I can make of that "attack" since for Battler his use of unlimited blue works, in theory.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I wonder how those miniature bombs work? If they're like some kind of chemical mixture of the cheese and wine, pulling off the the tails of shrimp mean pulling out the rings of tiny grenades, or just a bagels with a shitload of poppy seeds I mean it was for breakfast. Whatever it was it must've tasted pretty good.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
No I'm starting to think Beatrice had red to counter the Small BombsTM, but realized it would lead Battler to the less ridiculous truth anyway and decided it was funnier to let him believe what he came up with.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
So aside from two animated gifs from the anime, I went into this completely blind and sure am glad I did. One was the Maria's head on a silver platter rolling and laughing with that creepy grin of her's; and the other hasn't happened yet. Looking forward to it in the Answer Episodes.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 14, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Did anyone actually find Kinzo's body in episode 2? Aside from that silly poo poo a the end with him being set on fire and all I don't think there was anyone who saw/found him, man Episode 2 is kinda bad.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 14, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Fabulousvillain posted:

Did anyone actually find Kinzo's body in episode 2? Aside from that silly poo poo a the end with him being set on fire and all I don't think there was anyone who saw/found him, man Episode 2 is kinda bad.

gently caress it I'm gonna put forth the thought I had before I forget it. Kinzo killed the six people in the church. He killed them with Small BombsTM in their food, and in the room with them at the time. How? Well he was breakfast, they ate him, the Small BombsTM exploded and killed them. :unsmigghh:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
She looks like a player 2 palette swap of Ange if you ask me, then again most anime looking characters look the same to me. The green hair does remind me of those twins from Higurashi as well, but that's not really anything to go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

oath2order posted:

I like how we're all overlooking the fact that Beatrice shot like 5 people in this story.

They were not shot, this was more casualties of Small Bombs.TM Agreed though, it's very tragic how it's so overlooked.

• Locked thread