Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sweet thread title :haw: High five, kefkafloyd :cool::hf::cool:

[edit] Oh wait, PassTheRemote coined it first. I'm such a failure :(

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just watched the Season 3 premiere. :drat: that was a real solid opener. Ezra is a badass, Blind Jedi Kanan is a badass, Sabine's new hair color is badass, haha. I managed to get goosebumps a couple times: happened during the Bendu reveal/subsequent expansion of Kanan's knowledge hope we see more of the gentle giant force-tauren and his teachings. And also from the imagery when Kanan is reaching out to Ezra from inside the Ghost; the white light blasting out from behind him was dope.

[edit] Oh yeah, Thrawn was dope too.

teagone fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 26, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Oh I'm a fan of them doing it. Actual stakes. No, "Ezra, you're approaching a dark line!" He's crossed that line already. Now what happens next?

Kanan transcending knighthood into becoming a true master of the force and saving Ezra from going down a path of self-destruction. Will he succeed? Don't know. But he's definitely got the beard of a would-be Jedi Master now.

[edit] As far as dark imagery goes, The Clone Wars presented some pretty violent/brutal moments too, e.g., clonetroopers setting Geonosians on fire, and Ahsoka decapitating multiple Mandalorians in a single strike.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was by far one of the best, if not the best episode, of Collider Jedi Council too. They need to make the Force bros regulars.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Covok posted:

Witwer has pretty much made a guest appearance on almost every Star Wars podcast. An exaggeration, of course, but the guy loves Star Wars and jumps at any chance to talk about it and its related media, like roleplaying games.

Yeah he's a huge Star Wars nerd. He destroyed Freddie Prinze Jr. in Star Wars trivia on Movie Trivia Schmoedown recently haha. I timestamped the Star Wars-centric bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_m0_S1Z96c&t=958s

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Maul reading Hera's mind like Kylo did to Poe and Rey got me all giddy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

OctoberCountry posted:

Maul terrorizing people while wearing the Sith equivalent of a polo shirt is pretty great.

Would be even better if he had a popped collar.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

enigmahfc posted:

This is probably a far-left field take and more than likely wrong, but maybe Ezra's 'twin suns' comment was actually 'twin sons', and the 'he's alive' Maul was referring to might be his own brother, Savage Oppress. Kind of ties into Maul's question for hope. But yeah, that's probably all wrong.

I'm 100% sure the 'Twin Suns' and 'He's lives!' bits refer to Obi-Wan in hiding on Tatooine. That's why Maul got all giddy. REVENGE!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I like Sabine with regular brown hair.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Actually I bet that is her natural hair color. And it looks more black than brown to me.

Adjust your TV or monitor then duder.

That's totally brown.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Would have also been cool to see a vague depiction of the Ghost crew walking about in the background somewhere. More so if it was actually Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan with his mask on (if he's alive at that time :ohdear:).

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Funky Valentine posted:

You can see Anakin ripping his character development to shreds as Ahsoka walked down the temple steps. Frankly it's impressive he didn't start killing younglings right then and there.

The music gets me everytime I watch that episode.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

It certainly wasn't Ahsoka.

Yeah, you heard me :colbert:

Eat poo poo. Ahsoka is great...
...once she gets her wardrobe change in Season 3.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Real good look at the live-action Chopper from Rogue One:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7AuVg8OL3A&t=73s

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Really liking where they're taking Sabine. This last episode was great, by far my favorite of the season.

drunkill posted:

I wonder what Bendu said to Sabine, unless he was just observing

Edit: Also, Chopper confirmed as cat :kimchi:

Pretty sure Bendu was just being observant. And yeah, Chopper "purring" was great haha.

teagone fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 21, 2017

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

Yep, if anything, this episode makes it straight-up heinous that we have to wait an entire month for the next one; it's easily one of the best of the show's entire run.

I did not know this, and now I am upset. What the fuuuuuuuuuck.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Last Jedi

I'll keep rooting for Kanan to live until Hera is sobbing over his still warm corpse. :smith:

Alternatively, good, the Jedi were kinda dumb towards the end. New children of the force like Ezra and Rey should forge their own path.

Jedi is also the plural form. I hope Kanan lives :ohdear:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

Also also, Chopper is the best. I really hope he appears in a movie in the future.

He was in Rogue One!

teagone posted:

Real good look at the live-action Chopper from Rogue One:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

In case you missed Chopper in Rogue One

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Kyle Katarn and Kanan will fight an Ezra who has fallen to the Dark Side in the Season 3 finale.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

Finally, a light at the end of this hiatus-filled tunnel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut6yrlvDSvo

:neckbeard: That gave me goosebumps.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I'm super bummed that Sabine isn't part of the Ghost crew anymore, or that they didn't take her in the direction I thought they were going (thought she was gonna do some Aragorn type ROTK poo poo). But drat, the fight between her and Gar was such a badass way to close out her arc at that point. Just too bad that once her narrative ramped up, it quickly cooled down. Was hoping to see her rise up even further.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Thrawn is such a boss.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

gently caress. The way he yelled Kenobi. :stare:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Il Federale posted:

Wow, that was pretty anti-climactic.

Chickenwalker posted:

Yeah it was super lame and devoid of any real character development for anyone. It's like they took lesson of the week and brought it to a whole new level of lameness.

Maul's end reminds me of the scene from Rushmore where Max Fischer gets his rear end kicked by the Scottish kid and then says to his former friend (who now hates him) "we got 'im Dirk, we got 'im."

I'm trying to think of a way to read what happened and what he said as deep/insightful/tragic/meaningful, but all I'm coming up with is lazy, bad writing.

The episode as a whole was ehh, but I thought the duel was as perfect as it could have been. It gave me goosebumps with how it ended so swift and abrupt, and I loved how it added one last layer to Maul before his demise. It also goes to show how Obi-Wan and Vader's knowledge and experience were on an entirely different level when you compare the A New Hope duel to this Twin Suns duel. Obi-Wan made Maul look like a chump (again), but this time with way more finesse. It was awesome.

[edit] Also, Obi-Wan's VA was totally on point. Really sounded like OT Alec Guinness :allears:

teagone fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 18, 2017

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

SyRauk posted:

Sith create their saber crystals by meditating (while in a furnace) all of their rage into a physical manifestation that they shape into a crystal. At least, that's how Maul explains it in Shadow Hunter which was a prequel book that takes place a few days before Episode1. It took him a few days to create his crystals.

Is this canon? Because haha.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

So was Ahsoka the first of whatever is in the middle between Jedi and Sith now that Luke is actively trying to end the Jedi?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rebel Kallus :allears:

Also, banking on Ahsoka's return being hype and epic and it's gonna make me have goosebumps while crying like a little bitch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Someone in the CineD Star Wars thread said Rebels is the worst Star Wars. I almost got triggered.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Someone pointed it out in the YT comments, and I have to agree that these Forces of Destiny shorts are like deleted scenes. I love that :neckbeard:

I also found this illustration on ArtStation that I'm now using as my wallpaper.

Source here. Looking forward to the Ahsoka short.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Either way, she'll always be alive to me :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

Time yet again for Melancholy Fridays with Dave Filoni:

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/888614246593871872