Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Es2 looks awesome, the Craver video is cool as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The new Cravers design and aesthetic looks awesome too.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Speedball posted:

I think they were always supposed to be cyborg insectoids but it's a bit clearer now.
Yeah, they definitely look more machine and I think it's a very cool design.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah it looks like it's got Amplitudes polish all over it so I'm excited.

It's a bit unfair to ask with them working on an expansion to EL and ES2 itself, but is there any more announced stuff for DotE? Would love some Endless Space character packs. Gimme a Craver hero or a Sophon Berserker is something silly.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bought, trying to resist playing...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Tulip posted:

I'm stupid as poo poo and got the deluxe ES2 and now I can't figure out where the soundtrack is on my computer :saddowns:
I don't think it's actually out yet and is coming with the full game? I didn't look though.

Vodyani are cool, but I picked Cravers and just started eating motherfuckers.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's a super sweet game, I struggle to get into it for some reason but it is really good.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The AI in EL is awful but it's still leagues better than Civ, but I have the same feeling with EL. I just find it hard to get hooked into it, weirdly enough I never have this issue with ES or ES2. I think I just need to sit down and play a full game of EL and it might grab me.

Dunno who to play though, might try Necrophages.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Tbh best way to deal with pirates is just curb stomp their planets as Cravers and let the good times roll.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Really wish amplitude would put out an Endless universe art book. So much money would be thrown at it

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How does the manpower stat work in es2? Not sure how it works at empire level

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Clarste posted:

A portion of your surplus food automatically becomes manpower (ie: troops), that first fills up the planet's local defenses and then empire's global stock. Ships automatically draw manpower from the global stock when orbiting a system you control. You then use those troops to invade enemy systems. Basically, if you have low food production it's difficult to keep up an invasion since you'll quickly run out of manpower.
cheers dude, my planets were hitting max pop quite quickly but I wasn't seeing it reflected in my empire as I tend to micro manage my food so I don't over produce and waste dust

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

New major faction for Endless Space 2. They're from another dimension! https://wiki.endless-space.com/factions/riftborn

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Amplitude always design cool species. Wish they did an endless artbook.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Where do I get the pdf one?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

Are the Roving Clans an offshoot of the prisoner ship like the Vaulters, do we know?
Maybe experiments that evolved on their own? Not sure though

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Doesn't the Forgotten intro show them getting kicked out of the ship doors? I've never played as them so I've only seen it once during a trailer or so

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sorta. The Vodyani believe lesser races deserve to be eaten.

Also for the Vodders I found that upgrading your ark on turn 1-4 really helps jetboost your start

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Craver storyline is pretty cool, I went with the capture option on the first path but how does it split further down the line?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Some sweet visual updates for es2 aiming to improve immersion with the galaxy and systems; https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/blog/514-riftborn-update-focus-on-immersion

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Reminds me of Civ Beyond Earth where you get a jpeg and a polite gently caress off.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah was a massive disappointment. Always feels like space games are a let down... Sots2, civ beyond earth, x rebirth :(

On a positive note I love the artwork Amplitude does of the races chilling out, there's one with a bunch of characters on a metro with a Craver just dwarfing over everyone everyone on a cramped carriage which was basically my experience in Hong Kong.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Buy both and play both. Though I haven't played Stellaris in a very long time, should get around to it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hive mind? Robots? Craver time.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

El lore question, I've not played as the Roving Clans enough for their quest line to get near the end, how do they intend to ride out the end of Auriga?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I can identify with that at least, god drat

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Fangz posted:

To whom? Who's got this much dust just sitting around?

Broken lords go out on a wild bender and just vomit it up after one peasant too many

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's not quite complete yet and they're still adding some big features, this close to launch I'd hold off for a bit.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I look forward to smashing them to bits and using them as spare parts

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Any tips on Necrophages? I like them but suck with them. Especially early game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm not very good with Cultists either so I'll try playing both. :v:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do we have any information on the last faction yet? There's only one right?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Trees? What. Though the Cultists were fan submissions so curious how that will turn out.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Prism posted:

These were very old ideas that were part of the original voted-on suggestions. I imagine they've been ... adjusted ... by the devs to make something feasible.

They did submit some cool designs though.

The big ones remind me of Gunbuster's Space Monsters, except trees instead of weirdly fungal, and I can't hate that.
Those ships really remind me of the Amoeba, so cool.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I ended up turning pirates off because I was getting tired of dealing with them.

There's also a weird and interesting teaser on the Endless Space Facebook page called E.N.F.E.R or something similar, lots of static with HELLO HUMAN as the text, were not far from launch so curious what this is.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That's pretty close. I was planning to sit down and play today but might try EL instead.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I like it a lot but am waiting for launch. Plus a bunch of big games are out which are drawing posters away.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It works as people keep buying Civ and Fallout games for some reason.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Those Unfallen look really cool. Fair play Amplitude elevated that design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Kassad posted:

This image is hilarious.
That Sophon will be delicious.

Didn't realise this game was out so soon, for some reason I had the thought it would be next week. Very excited to play once it's fully out!