Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I'm pretty sure a human faction will be there. Seen another pic ingame with them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

My bet is on vaulters. They are pretty much the only thing that ties Endless Legend to ES I and they will tie EL to ES II.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I have to say games2gether really need to get their poo poo to together in terms of interface. And tutorial. In fact the interface needs a tutorial. It ranges from simply annoying like if every window can be closed by right clicking than why even include an X that you can left click? to interface dead-ends like "Cannot afford 1 probe". Ok? Now what? You want me to go google what it means and how do I "afford" it?

Instances like that could have been solved by a proper tutorial but the tutorial is awfully picky about what it chooses to explain to you. And it chooses poorly, there is a tutorial for a very straightforward and intuitive tech screen which requires no explanation but 0 info about things that are not intuitive, for example "Curiosity expedition Pow. 2". WTF is that?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Delacroix posted:

Curiosity expeditions are tied to scouts and there is a strength requisite presumably so you have to upgrade your scout ships with better scanners in the exploration tree.

Thanks. But what is it? What is curiosity expeditions.

Comstar posted:

Basic questions the game seems to assume I already know:
- Why is Dust worth so much Galaxy wide? I can see it's the gold coins of the 4X game, but what is it's background?
- Who are the Endless and what happened to them? (if this is revealed in a quest, please spoiler tag it)
- Who is the Academy and why are the ONLY PLACE IN THE ENTIRE GALAXY that makes heroes? Can I declare war on them? Can I destroy them, or someone else destroy them, or blockade them?
- How do I invade a planet? I haven't wanted to declare war before I could build an army to invade, but I haven't seen any option to do that.
- What tech is needed to build a bigger ship?
- I went bankrupt and couldn't see why - was it because I expanded too fast? I had 3 patrol ships and a hero but not many/any buildings making Dust (however THAT works).

I'll answer some.

1.Dust is nanomachines made by the endless. They are so good they can do pretty much anything if you have enough of them.
2. No idea.
3. This annoys me as well. Surely no individual can hope to become a competent leader without THE ACADEMY.
4. Blocade a system with your fleet and the option will appear.

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 21, 2017

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Angry Diplomat posted:

Even in Endless Space 1, where you can feasibly make one all-purpose kinetic/beam/missile combat ship that will fairly consistently win battles if you just send out a whole bunch of them, conquering planets in a sane timeframe is another matter entirely and requires sending out specialized invasion and/or bombardment ships.

It's fine if you don't like micromanaging the ship designer, but you do need to at least glance at it occasionally over the course of a game. Trying to brute-force everything with one or two bog-standard ship layouts is like trying to win a game of Endless Legend using only your starting infantry unit with no trinkets or equipment upgrades. Every Endless game has required (or at least Strongly Encouraged) abit of tinkering and forethought with regards to your units' armaments and specialized roles.

In my game as Sophons I just put a +manpower module on a tank ship never had any problems with invasions. Maybe you forgot to upgrade troops in military screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Serf posted:

Whoever said the AI is never prepared for an early war was right. I got boxed in by the UE and managed to throw two small fleets at them and claim 3 planets, reducing them down to just their home system. I'm about to bust down the door and take that too. The Manpower system is still mystifying, but waiting a few turns before invading seems to make things a lot easier.

Also the custom factions system is too broken. I took the UE's trait and gave the pops the bonus of the Riftborn, and with a population booster it is nuts.

As for what determines mapower generation rate I still don't know. But at fleet screen on the left you can see an icon that sort of looks like manpower symbol. Next to it is a percentage of maximum manpower of a fleet and a % of projected replenishment next turn. Next to it is an actual number of soldiers and tanks I think.