Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

gently caress grinding!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kazvall posted:

They're all good in their own way :)

Which one would be best for someone that starts a shitton of characters but barely ends the game with one

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

drat i love big numbers

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Always funny when the unassuming sidequest boss is almost final boss tier in loving your poo poo up

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah tq was built around the idea that it's a ~real 3d game~ so the combat should be all dynamic with you moving around to avoid stuff instead of just clicking on everything. sounds cool on paper but in practice it's insanely annoying and fucks over melee characters hard

modern 3d diablolikes make it very clear when you're about to get hosed, like the damage rings around explosions in d3. in titanquest you just get killed lol

Typhoon was already painful as a melee/caster hybrid.
For all the annoying things like over reliance on potions, melee being hardest and my storage being over half full in enhancers I can't stop playing it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Get dual wielding, find 2x katanas from killing tigermen in China and reach almost 200% attack speed.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

from what ive seen every element gets a lot of cool spells. hell even physical has a spell where you make it rain swords

Its going to be hard to choose an element to stick with

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Still playing TQ and blowing up poo poo with volcanic orbs and eruptions, maybe I'll download PoE today/tomorrow/during the weekend for a change of pace

So many ARPGS and so little time

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

the end game maps are better looking than the story areas in poe lol

I have yet to see the maps *gets an idea for a build, starts another alt*

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I have been playing nothing but the PoE races this weekend

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

path of exile maps now have a new final boss, he controls space and time and he'll corrupt existing bosses and give them additional cosmic-looking attacks, like a very powerful unique affix. they also drop way more poo poo. i keep saying this but they really need to cut the campaign down to 2 runs already lol this poo poo is so awesome

iirc they're going to eventually cut out cruel along adding act 5, of 10 planned acts.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I started an Essence Drain+Contagion Witch without a care about going fast, see ya in Merciless in about a month.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

i got to act 2 merc and the breach mobs are getting totally crazy. this is like half the stuff that dropped from one breach

Using vaal cyclone in a breach then again as soon as it ends... :discourse:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

frankly its one of the main faults of the game, that and the inventory tetris with 50 different types of money. it doesn't start rearing its head until late hell mode, but man. it sucks finding a really good piece of armor and you have to toss it because that slot currently has +38% cold res you absolutely need

I stash a bunch of two stone rings and other rings with two or more resist for this same reason

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAPw_F3jyg
Hype

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

doughvakiin posted:

How they made 6 more acts when it took, a really long time to just do act 4.

More money and more employees.

extremebuff posted:

if you played when the lab first came out, he was seriously overtuned lol. its hard to gently caress up making a character these days

Still possible, you just hit the wall in merciless.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

extremebuff posted:

the only wall youll hit is not having resist gear lol unless you do something really dumb like invest into every kind of weapon instead of just swords or something.

Or investing in claws at all, until this last league and it's unique claws and even then idk because they scale off Int.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Or not taking enough life nodes if not going for ES, happens way too often.
Example: some level 81 guy with barely 1.8k life whispering me about +% life jewels.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

The hard drive that this game is on should be deleted, and all the servers should be thrown in to the Chessapeake Bay.

Problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

extremebuff posted:

this update dropped like 2 hours ago people need to chill

Please don't speed shame

• Locked thread