Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

First rule of providing media in the age of torrents: make it easy for us to watch legally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I don't save them, I just tend to download instead of stream because I've had buffering issues. Also because I'm one of those plebs who doesn't need everything in 1080p and the lower-res options take a lot less bandwidth.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

You know reading the Iron Fist reviews its kind of amazing how AOS gets the shaft from most people and how the Netflix series are so much more better and yet AOS does really well at the things that the Netflix series struggles at like pacing.

Every time racial/gender portrayal comes up (as it has for Iron Fist) I remember that this show has white dudes in a mostly supporting role, and while May kicks rear end it isn't because she's using mystic kung fu, she's just the resident badass. We get occasional cheesecake shots, but this isn't shot as a cheesecake show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

It's not how I constantly define the show, but I've got friends who talk a lot about when shows do representation badly, so I tend to notice when shows I watch avoid that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Don't gently caress the robot Fitz

It's VR, totally different.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes, Radcliffe publicly de-powered her as part of an experiment.

Dissected and de-powered. Pretty much "and if you reach in and poke this part of the brain they go back to normal".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

In the end the more I think of it the more I just take comfort in Jemma being so stubborn and resolute in her "they've always been Nazis, every last one of them" approach to this bs moral grey area.

I am comforted that the episode answered any "well Hydra IS protecting against what the world sees as an actual threat here" doubts with "and here's Fitz Mengele".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

This show keeps killing off people I like, but at least they earn it.

And also, Daisy's smile as the cocoon closed was well supported by the swelling of her theme in the soundtrack. I'm so glad my brother noticed their use and re-use of that thing a year ago, it's been neat to recognize.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

OH gently caress, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT TRIPP

My response was "oh no, now when they leave the Matrix they'll have to abandon someone the audience actually cares about."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I think Data had to go through it too?

Measure of a Man. One of the episodes where Patrick Stewart said "I'm a Shakespearian actor and you gave me a monologue? I'm gonna monologue the gently caress out of this!"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjuQRCG_sUw

And from the same episode, I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Eg67jDh2Ts gets at why that tends to come up in shows with AIs.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The main thing that makes the first half of the first season watchable for me is knowing that they were on-board with the Winter Soldier plot but were completely hamstrung from foreshadowing it at all. "Watch 15 hours of show, it gets good later" is a Hell of a thing to say, but the early episodes still have good moments.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

homullus posted:

He will appear in the Framework and tell them that it is literally actual Hell, reskinned.

They get home and THAT'S when he shows up and tells them it's Hell.
:lost:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

That trailer for next week. "Who is this guy?" "The quick version is, you can go ahead and shoot him."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

So, does every season have to have Fitz just become emotionally and mentally devastated at the end? Because we are 3 out of 4 now and I just want the poor guy to finally catch a loving break.

But he does it so well.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"We've got so many beautiful women on this show, we should have a damsel in distress thing for the end of the season." "How about the Scottish guy?" "That works."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Here's the picture for those who cannot access the link.

L-R: Gorgon, Karnak, Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, and Maximus The Mad.

duh-duh-duh duh! *snap* *snap*

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Metropolis posted:

Also more people can spell Blackagar Boltagon right after hearing it one time than can spell Coulson right after reading it for years. Son of Coul, people! Remember!

Could be worse, I've seen folks on multiple other forums who keep spelling May's name Mai. That wouldn't even sound like May.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

Radcliffe is a loving fantastic character. I liked him back in season 3, but that early part of season 4 where he was part of 'the team' was loving great and I miss it. I hope like hell that he gets a new body and SHIELD gives him a third chance at being the friendly Mad Scientist character for season 5 like he was early in S4. :)

Bless your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Did they tweak his skull design?

It looked more clearly CG to me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Loser_Rex posted:

This is how I felt watching Fringe and being from Boston.

One episode of Leverage was filmed on my old college campus, and I couldn't stop the nagging voice. "That's the main admin building, not the Psychology one." "Don't dump a body off that bridge, the water's only a few inches deep there." "There's no way someone escapes the secret prison cells and staggers all the way across campus undetected for that next scene!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ojjeorago posted:

On The Flash they traveled to an alternate universe's African jungle that looked suspiciously like a half hour's drive outside of Vancouver.

"guess they don't have global warming in this universe."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Looking him up in IMDB, he's credited as a member of the World Security Council. Is Hydra Dad supposed to be the same character?

Yes. He helped with the Hydra infiltration, but due to different end goals stayed in the shadows when Robert Redford made his big coup attempt.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

Christ, that was the premise for the old TV drama Remington Steele in the 80s. A woman sets herself up as a private investigator but, as no one took her seriously, ends up inventing a suave, professional English 'tec to front the agency, hiring Pierce Brosnan to play him to clients while she does all the actual sleuthing work.

A bit loving depressing that poo poo like that is seen as necessary in the real world 30 years later...

"Hiring" is a relative term. Didn't Brosnan play a conman who figured it out and just stepped into the role and glory? That was a good show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I was expecting a dumbed down Galaxy Quest, but hoping for B Crew and was really pleased with it.

Yeah, I went into it fearing Family Guy IN SPACE so anything halfway competent is a pleasant surprise.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Not much to get psyched about in that, is there.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Also, Yo-Yo is being made a series regular. :neckbeard:

I knew she'd be back.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Who's the Skrull? Tell me that much at least.

Ward, I assume.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

This time he's the one stranded on another planet.

Earth.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah.

I dig the Arrowverse.
I dig SHIELD.
I dig the Netflix stuff.
I dig the MCU proper.

Boom de yada boom de yada boom de yada boom de yada.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Does the show start at 8? Online it says 9 but people are commenting on it at 5 pacific which doesn't add up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

End of first hour: Miss Frizzle, no!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Short answer, gravity, fluid dynamics, acceleration, time.

What I'm not sure about is if the core would still be glowing hot like that. I simply have no clue how quick that would lose its heat on a non-geologic time scale.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Coffee Mugshot posted:

It's weird because it seems the Kree don't or at least Kassius doesn't know squat about science or medicine anyways. These Kree don't seem like the hyper-intelligent and brutally strong Kree from previous iterations, at least. I sort of imagine that there are other battalions that are more civilized.

They're running a mining colony on the rear end end of the galaxy. Not exactly the Kree's top men.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

So they’re pulling a Heroes: Season 1. Hope it ends better than that did.

Save Virgil, save the world. ...well gently caress.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

As a side note, May's surprisingly functional for someone missing an inch-wide cylinder through her leg. I'm guessing she's not an LMD, the writers didn't consider how much of a problem that would be, or just consider her to be a super soldier at this point.

For you, getting a piece of pipe through the leg is a debilitating injury that would take years to fully recover.

For May, it's Friday.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Clearly it's Marvel's Agents of S.P.A.C.E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

Oh my God I forgot it was today

It's always today.

• Locked thread