Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

kayakyakr posted:

Doesn't help that its key demographic would probably rather watch the show next day on Hulu or after the season on Netflix.\

The only reason I watch it live is because of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

frgildan posted:

It seems like the only people that knew about Phil's death were other Shield agents. The people that have been serving under his command for two or so years. Why couldn't he still lead shield in a public manner?

His death was the catalyst for getting the Avengers to cooperate and I imagine they'd be real pissed to find out Nick Fury lied to them again.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Wrong, it's John Hammond and after the collapse of his theme park business he went into government work. But has he truly left his past mistakes behind?

This season introduces Devil Dinosaur.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

For some reason I was expecting them to work up to Ghost Rider but NOPE RIGHT IN YOUR FACE IMMEDIATELY.

Aw yeeeeah

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Daisy lookin like a raccoon.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I love and missed you, YoYo.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Hahahaaha Spectrum of Security

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Those guys killed each other because they saw what's in the box? Guess I should open it too. Surely nothing bad will happen!

Definitely better let the strike team go in without a warning too!

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Xealot posted:

Yes. The precinct scene from that episode is *so loving good* it redeems anything they had to do to set it up.

It's easily the most horrifying villain scene Marvel has ever pulled off.

Fitting, because Kilgrave is easily the most horrifying Marvel villain overall. That show was hard to watch sometimes.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Chokes McGee posted:

Marvel can literally do no wrong right now.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Robot Hobo posted:

This was always a no-win situation, really.

The Ancient One is Tibetan. (at least the version everyone is complaining this isn't)
Putting a Tibetan into the movie means admitting Tibet exists.
China is a huge market for Disney. MASSIVE.
China reacts badly to Tibet being mentioned. Vindictively so.
So... The Ancient One being Tibetan was never an option.

This is actually a good point that I hadn't thought of.

I'm guessing that's not the case for the TV shows, though? The actress who played Daisy's mom is ethnically Tibetan.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Yeah, he and YoYo even discussed his failed date and laughed about it later. I feel like the lack of prominence of that part of his character is more because he's so rarely around than anything else.

edit: although now that I think about it, he is the only agent to not have had a romantic subplot with another actual character and not just an off-screen person. That's what I get for giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt I guess.

Radio! fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 25, 2016

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Man if I were that kid I'd be loving pissing myself.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I would actually be 100% up for an episode that was just Coulson touring the base and spouting neat trivia.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

RETURN OF SHOTGUN AXE

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

mikeraskol posted:

Ghost Rider is gonna save Fitz and Mack (I hope :ohdear:)

And then he and Mack are gonna talk about cars and become bffs~

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

This got real crazy real fast and it owns

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Goddammit Director, I was just gonna say you seemed like an okay dude.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I can't imagine that many people actually watch the VP debate, do they?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Guy Goodbody posted:

You can have SHIELD in the movies again without even mentioning Coulson.

They kinda already did, with the helicarrier and Fury in Age of Ultron. I saw it with someone who hadn't seen Winter Soldier or watched AoS and they had no idea SHIELD wasn't around anymore.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

That's adorable :3:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Daisy! What if they do want that apartment, now you've gotten blood all over the wall!

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Simmons rules.

Also I love that Fitz is a stonecold badass when necessary but still gets stuttery and nervous.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

The ghost stuff does not look great.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Phil "I'm not mad I'm just disappointed" Coulson

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Simmons immediately realizing was beautiful.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

double nine posted:

the cynic in me tells me that that's company orders. The nerd in me hopes it's not.

If she reads her own comics it's probably genuine nerdery- comic Simmons goes undercover at Kamala's school and they team up for a bit.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I find this ghost subplot underwhelming.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Oh shiiiiiit Jeff

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I mean, I'd be pretty excited too if someone handed me a magic book.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I think the implication was only that his actions at the bombing in Vienna were staged, but that doesn't necessarily imply he wasn't genuinely a hero before that. Seems more likely that if it were staged "they" would have chosen someone who already had a heroic war record of some kind.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I hope it's more complicated than that because shielding someone during a bombing even though you can't get hurt is still, like, a good thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

My favorite was when someone called Andrew not being dead and being Lash and someone else got real mad about what a stupid idea that was.

• Locked thread