Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Blackagar Boltagon is older than that because I first heard of it from John Hodgman making fun of the name in his book, which came out in 2005.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
The Inhumans show isn't set in Attilan, it's set in Hawaii.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

The MSJ posted:

I wonder what Joss Whedon plans to do with her sterility. Considering the stuff that happened in Buffy and Angel, I going to guess Widow would have given birth to a fully grown Adam Warlock.

Whedon was just going to straight up adapt Avengers 200 but with Black Widow because that's his fetish.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

counterfeitsaint posted:

One of my favorite things about the MCU is how everything is supposed to be happening in real time, because that's so drat simple. Every time someone suggests that they're moving away from that I roll my eyes and see the MCU creeping closer to the hopeless tangled clusterfuck that comics are with endless alternate timelines and time travel and dimensions. Being a comic book world, it's inevitable that's where the MCU will end up, but the longer they can stay away from that the longer it will stay coherent and successful.

Having this mostly disconnected movie randomly take place a few years out of sync with everything else isn't that bad, but it's a first step down a slippery slope. If they expect movie goers world wide to eventually keep track of multiple timelines in multiple universes like in actual comics, they're going to be disappointed. Also like in actual comics.

It's not nearly as bad as the Fast and Furious Cinematic Universe, where Tokyo Drift was present day when it came out but then they decided the next 3 movies over 7 years are actually prequels to it.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
There's a printing error because they didn't spend $8000 a cartridge on official HP bio-ink, so Hope's mind gets printed in Ward's body.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
They can cut costs by just not having Ghost Rider stick around, Mr. Skeltal is expensive.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
On The Flash they traveled to an alternate universe's African jungle that looked suspiciously like a half hour's drive outside of Vancouver.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
The only thing I didn't like about the ending was that Radcliffe's final line should have been "Once again the Gods spread the ch-".

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

NowonSA posted:

If they really want to do Sword they can do Sword, you just call it something else. Some other secret agency that was made to deal with alien stuff after Thor showed up and they got access to spaceships somehow, problem solved.

Not as cool, but you can certainly do the basic premise without the names or characters.

Agents of the Space Patrol Orbital Operations Network must deny its existence if questioned.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

achillesforever6 posted:

Huh wonder why there weren't any Shield announcements at SDCC now that I think about it

Marvel had an announcement about Agents of SHIELD at SDCC, and it was "That's still on?"

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
She was too busy hawking jade vagina eggs.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
Does this mean that May died?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

R-Type posted:

Why is that pretty good? Because 4 white people would have offended you? JFC.

Don't you have a crowd to drive through somewhere?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
Does this make Spider-man Newman O's?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
It should be canceled.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Where's the gritty modern Galactica 1980 remake?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
[quote="“CAPT. Rainbowbeard”" post="“476878418”"]
I’m sorry, did you black out from rage at the end of the LadyStarbuck reboot?

:devil:
[/quote]

No, too busy crying about the President and then laughing at that dumb robot montage.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

twistedmentat posted:

Kree names are more like Wah-Ard

Mar-vell, Noh-Var, Yon-Rog. Never knew why Ronan didn't have that style of name, but that might be because he appeared before the others?

Ro-Nan?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
BooBoo Stewart sounds like someone’s dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
Agents of SHIELD S5: "Stay away from the agua."

• Locked thread