Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Andrew_1985 posted:

Putting money on Radcliffe being trapped in his own virtual world at the end of the season.

I also really like Aida. It's a shame she won't survive.

Yeah, that's exactly where it's going to go.

Medullah posted:

Yeah I wonder if they'll go with a pseudo good ending since he's not truly evil, something like (Black Mirror spoiler) He ends up trapped in the Matrix Framework with real Aida, the only two, and he's happy. Like San Junipero.

Since there's pretty much no other ending for him, I hope he gets this. He just wants to do good. :unsmith:

This is where the Ghost Rider SFX budget went, and it was a good choice. :allears:

I can't wait to see what kind of consequences this has...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I knew something was up when Coulson said they needed to tend the wounded, and then Daisy suddenly remembered that a knife got stuck in her arm. But this? I didn't expect this.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Something else I noticed: For someone who read the Darkhold, it didn't seem to have any effect on The Superior...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Radcliffe and Fitz "escaped" rampaging Aida because Radcliffe was already under the influence of the Darkhold, and had programmed Aida to act like that. He knew he wasn't shutting her off, and that she'd "turn back on". It was part of his plan to get her into the base to try to get the Darkhold back.

Also, they showed all 4 members hooked up to The Framework at the end. So, yes, all 4 have been replaced.

twistedmentat posted:

I love that Simmons was able to both agree with Mack but also tell Fitz that he should not beat himself up about what he's done.

But holy poo poo where this is going! Wait they created an LMD that has Quake powers?

I don't think so. I think that was actual Quake doing the fighting, and she got replaced after she left to go find the others.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Fitz was replaced earlier. When he hooked up Daisy, Coulson, and Mack to the Matrix, he got their brain scans so they could be replaced with LMDs in the Russian base.

Mace may also have been scanned and therefore replaced.

Welp. There it is.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Age Of Coultron

To be followed by

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Fitzfinity War

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tree Dude posted:

Will there at least be a movie out in the stretch after the break they're trying to sync up with? Guardians 2? Thor?

Nope. This years 3 movies are:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2: 5/5/17
Spider-Man Homecoming: 7/7/17
Thor: Ragnarok: 11/3/17

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This show. :allears:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The rumors are already flying that The Superior will become M.O.D.O.K....

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone mentioned that they thought time moved faster in The Framework, but that's not the case. If anything, it moves slower. Radcliffe scolded Aida for removing him before 24 hours had passed, and she told him that it had been exactly 24 hours. That tells you it moves slower.

Now, last episode, when Jemma looked at the footage, it said 4 LMDs were detected, and we saw Daisy, Coulson, Mack, and Mace. But if Daisy wasn't an LMD, then who was the 4th LMD? The only thing I can think is one of the Daisy LMDs was there, and actual Dasiy was brought in later, and unconscious?

Also, I loved when Jemma is stabbing Fitzbot, and he goes from, "NO! NO! NO!" to just staring at her like, "Are you done yet? No? OK...".

hiddenriverninja posted:

yes everything about this episode was the best! Human-detecting hug, the field full of Daisies, quake-douken, WARD, June

show is best :haw:

OK, who is this June person?

BlueBayou posted:

Man. Remember when this show was bad?

How far we've come

It was never bad.

hamsystem posted:

The season finale will show the gang in the director's office celebrating a hard earned victory. The camera will slowly zoom out to reveal them inside a snowglobe. It'll zoom out a little farther to reveal the snowglobe hooked up to the framework machine.

Sadly, I understood that reference...

Pan Dulce posted:

My question is, in this distorted reality, when the hell did Daisy (and she totally not going to be called Daisy, she's Skye in this alternate reality) meet Ward? At what point did she say it was her biggest regret?

OK, first of all, nobody ever said biggest regret. Aida literally said one regret. Not biggest, not smallest, just one regret.

Also, in the interview linked earlier in the thread, Jed and Mo said that Aida's tampering has caused ripples in The Framework, which altered things, and lead to what we see at the end.

The changes have nothing to do with the actions of the people in The Framework, and everything to do with Aida making changes and restarting it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Crashbee posted:

At that point the screen says 'compile all report totals: 4 LMDs detected', so I assume it had also counted Fitzoid coming through earlier.

Ah, I missed that. Thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

shades of eternity posted:

I know he's done a lot of reprehensible things, but I really felt bad for radcliffe and his fate.

I hope they upload his consciousness into an lmd, because I like having him around. :)

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Anyone got an over/under on Ward transferring himself out of the Framework and into an LMD?

I want these things so much.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I dunno. LMDs play a pretty big part in the comics, mainly as an out for killing characters, but also sometimes to make a character essentially immortal (see: Agent Preston), though most don't know they're an LMD (see: Dum Dum Duggan). This paves the way to bring them to the big screen portion of the MCU.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sure, 99.99999999% of the time, they don't. But if they can steal LMDs and not have to origin story them, there's a chance they might...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Anyone got an over/under on Ward transferring himself out of the Framework and into an LMD?

The new Quantum Leap.

Pan Dulce posted:

The interview had the Framework act as a "What If?" scenario for them.

May: I never became the Cavalry/ killed the inhuman little girl
Coulson: I never joined S.H.I.E.L.D.
Mack: Hope never died
Fitz: ? (I'm guessing something to do with his father, or if he never joined S.H.I.E.L.D. and worked in the private sector)
Daisy: ? (She had long hair in the shot, so it's pre-Quake. She knew Ward. Maybe it's allowing Hydra to have those codes/joining Ward)
Jemma: ? (That date on the headstone makes me think she jumped and died after the Chitauri helmet illness without Fitz.)
Mace: ?

I think you & I are the only ones who read that article, since everyone else seems blissfully unaware of that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

notthegoatseguy posted:

The Netflix series aren't referenced in the movies at all, and they seem to be taking place even before Avengers 2 (there's no Ultron mentions, no Civil War, Ant Man, etc... so it is clearly still in the aftermath of Avengers 1).

This is because, despite the fact that there are months/years between shows, the Netflix shows are actually all taking place around the same time, which happens to be post Avengers 1. There's probably no more than a couple of months between the start of Dardevil Season 1 and the end of Luke Cage.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The main division between Marvel Movies and Marvel TV is Ike Perlmutter. He's an unmitgated rear end.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Whedons aren't involved, so their tired old schtick shouldn't apply. Seriously, they've done it to death, and it's lost all meaning now.

homullus posted:

I mean, what else is going to make Luke Cage risk prison again and make Jessica Jones lay off the sauce and put herself at risk again? Daredevil and Iron Fist will fight bad guys, especially the Hand, without being asked twice, but the other two . . . especially if Claire and Luke Cage are dating...

That's actually my question for Agents of Hydra too -- if they're not all even working for SHIELD/HYDRA, what's going to get them working together and staying together?

OTOH, this is a pretty valid argument in favor of it happening...

Also, there's a thread for the Netflix stuff.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 22, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Medullah posted:

Regarding Terrigen and Daisy, didn't they say the one dude that Ward punched was "secretly funneling Terrigen to Inhumans"? My guess is that will be key to Daisy leveling up in the Matrix, finding his supplier and getting in on that sweet, sweet Terrigen action.

That one dude is Vijay Nadeer, Senator Nadeer's brother, whom she killed, and dumped in the ocean, only for him to cocoon up again.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

But I don't really get why anyone would want "Good Guy Ward" as a LMD since that's the guy who sucked and the one everyone likes is "Crazy Villain Ward." If a LMD Ward escaped and then went evil (because that is his true nature) over rejection by Daisy or something that I'd accept even if I'd still curse his name. But a "good" Ward in SHIELD? Icky and boring.

I liked Good Guy Ward. He never bored me at all.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

Anyone else watch that Thor Ragnarok trailer? Pretty neat, huh?

Even though I knew it was coming, I marked out at the end reveal, and pretty much had the same reaction as Thor, but louder.

Also, Jeff Goldblum is in it. :allears:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rumor is, when Marvel decided to make Ultimate Nick Fury black, they wanted to make him look like Samuel L. Jackson. They asked him for permission, and he said yes, provided that if they ever made a live action movie with Nick Fury in it, he would be cast in the role. No idea if that's true or not.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Sorry, I honestly didn't mean to be. I knew that they were only doing one Infinity Wars movie but didn't know that there were still doing another Avengers movie right on its heels.

It's not quite right behind it. There are two other movies in between.

The current schedule is as follows:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2: 5/5/17
Spider-Man Homecoming: 7/7/17
Thor: Ragnarok: 11/3/17

Black Panther: 2/16/18
Avengers: Infinity War: 5/4/18
Ant-Man And The Wasp: 7/6/18

Captain Marvel: 3/8/19
Untitled Avengers Movie: 5/3/19
Spider-Man Homecoming 2: 7/5/19

Untitled Movie 1: May 1, 2020
Untitled Movie 2: July 10, 2020
Untitled Movie 3: November 6, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Longbaugh01 posted:

I knew there was something off about Sebastian Stan!

He's no Bucky Barnes, that's for sure.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BlueBayou posted:

Agent Carter was so good

Peggy is great
Jarvis is Jarvelous

And goddamn Howard Stark is great. hitting golf balls into a dark matter black hole. what a guy

FTFY

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Robbie's gonna show up in the framework, channel the Ghost Rider, and save everyone. He'll use a modified version of the Pennance Stare to burn away all memories of Evil Fitz.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It can not be stressed enough as to how good Galavant was. It's a shame it only got 2 seasons.

Red Oktober posted:

Also, thread title request to "Coulson's Crazy Soap Factory".

That, or, "I Make My Own Soap Now".

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They really shouldn't have put B.J. Britt's name in the credits. And when they showed "With Jason Mara", I knew Mace wouldn't make it out. Here's hoping there's a backup of his mind somewhere, and that they can download it into an LMD.

"Follow me, and try not to shoot me..." was a great line!

Also, while I'm happy to see Ward and Trip and even Bakshi back, it just makes me extra sad that we can't have John Garrett back. :smith:

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 19, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

This show keeps killing off people I like, but at least they earn it.

Welcome to The Whedons. The only thing they know how to do is kill people off. They do it so much that I don't even care when it happens anymore.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

The credits thing is actually a pretty big deal. SAG requirements force them to do things the way they do. Breaking Bad had to get special approval for the pentultimate episode to delay the opening credits. Moving an actor from Above The Line to Below is way harder than it sounds, but only because of archaic guild rules.

One more reason poo poo like SAG needs to go. If I want to surprise viewers with someone, it's my show, I should be able to do it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

notthegoatseguy posted:

Probably not a good idea because if you did check in the real world, he'd be dead if he wasn't.

Nah. That was only for the impure Terragen that Xiyang had. Pure Terragen doesn't harm non-Inhumans, or else May would have died when she used the crystal on Daisy.

Also, a bonus: This time, Daisy's Terragenesis won't kill Trip.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

I think it is in the Framework, though?

It's a Yes/No thing. It's Skye in the Framework, but now that Daisy's actually in the Framework, it's also Daisy. Basically, it's Daisy to anyone who didn't know her in the Framework, and Skye to those who did.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tad SG posted:

The Simmons "He's behind me, isn't he?" callback got the biggest laugh for me. I remember that line going over like a lead balloon in season one when Simmons said it about Ward - it was a perfect example of the horrible writing everyone was complaining about before the CA2 turn. To go back and use it again now - brilliant.

Ya'll thought that, and were wrong. Everything about Season 1, from the Pilot to the end, was great!

Blazing Ownager posted:

Please do not get cocky about this. As someone who both watched Agent Carter crash & burn after two great seasons and knows there's backroom drama between Pearlmutter and crew and how they divided up who's running movie/TV stuff, and the fact AOS is the most ignored part of the Marvel canon and is never referenced on Netflix or vice versa, I think there is legitimate cause for nail-biting concern.

However it's highly positive critical reception and the brand lately might see it hit another season. I hope they keep this pod format; 3 storyarcs that fit together is a very good idea.

Six Seasons And A Movie!

PierreTheMime posted:

I really really appreciated all the various Hydra personnel returning for cameos. I have no idea why but I immediately recognized the scientist infiltrating Simmons screwed over.

They reminded me I miss Whitehall/Bakshi :rip: Each season has been great but season 2 definitely is my favorite.

Bakshi you say? You're in luck!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Burning_Monk posted:

Did they have an image of Bill Paxton on the cable news when the team was taking over the news room? Also like the Victoria Hand callback instead of Garret being the one to visit Grant in prison and turn his life around.

Yes, they did. That was loving AWESOME.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Why do they have to exit the Framework via the Portal? We've seen AIDA wake Radcliffe up with no ill effects. I mean, other than PLOT REASONS?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gwaihir posted:

Radcliffe also mentioned it multiple times, although, possible hint, one of those times was right after Aida pulled him out abruptly and he didn't have his brains fried.

Exactly. That's what made me question it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Always good to have Iron Man back on the show. :allears:

Codependent Poster posted:

The B-Team shall now be known as the Tantrums.

Fitz and the Tantrums.

I concur.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Daisy, you done hosed up, AGAIN.

First, you didn't just KO Mack, and bring him out.

Now, you didn't tell Yo-Yo that when an Inhuman goes into the Framework, they don't have their powers.

She's gonna be extra pissed at you.

Mage_Boy posted:

Machine designed only for killing. MODOK.

No, that's MDOK. Missing an O there.

Chokes McGee posted:

Moscow Operative Designed Only for Killing

There we go. Both Os are in!

Chokes McGee posted:

To combat him, we'll need the help of our latest magical AI, Radical As gently caress Carbon Life Imitation Form

RAFCLIF?

Yakmouth posted:

It feels like there's an awful lot of plot for them to wrap up in next week's finale....

SHIELD is persona non grata with the US government again
Mack and Yo-yo are in the framework along with Ward, Tripp, and Radcliffe
Whatever the gently caress is going on with Vijay
Ghostrider is back
The Darkhold is still at large
Is there still an army of Quakes, or did they get destroyed?

Any guesses on what's going to be carried over to next season?

My guesses:
After working with them, Iron Man kinda knows how hosed up things can get. After talking with Coulson, he has an idea of how hosed up things are, so they'll be fine. But it might take an episode or two next season before that happens.

Hoping for the One Eyed One Horned Flying 3-D People Printer to print at least Ward and Radcliff.

Vijay will be part of next season's plot hook.

Ghostrider and Darkhold won't show up again.

Seven Quake Army probably got destroyed when May exploded the base.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

kingcom posted:

It looks like Aida is using Vijay's power to regen herself every time so they might need to go grab him to figure out how to kill Aida for good.

Yeah, most likely. Based on what Fitz said to May, they used the machine to figure out how to give Aida multiple powers.

kingcom posted:

Also my guess for why Fitz brings up finally understanding Ward is that he's going to be trapped on the submarine as its either sinking/MODOK is after him and hes going through those flashbacks of being pushed into the ocean and prints a framework Ward to save him. They get to play that same scene again where he's trying to convince Ward to save him and he gets him out (despite thinking hes an evil nazi scientist or something).

Oh man. Reverse Fitz Ward!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

How long before these become avatars? Because they're damned good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Oasx posted:

Clark Gregg is doing an AMA in Reddit right now : https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/

Fanamir: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has been renewed for a fifth season, but does not appear on ABC's Fall schedule. Obviously, it will start later, but we've been getting mixed signals. Do you know if Season 5 will be a full, 22 episode season or has it been shortened?

clarktothegregg: Yes. Full season after the 8 eps of The Inhumans. Then we do our whole run. Could be cool that way.

So, there we have it. Inhumans first, then AOS Season 5.

• Locked thread