Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this? posted:

Robbie Reyes' thing is kind of different from the other Ghost Riders as his stuff (in the comics) isn't explicitly a spirit of vengeance thing.

Yeah. It's a spirit that seeks some vengeance, but only because it has unfinished business, not because of a higher joint mandate from Heaven and Hell.

Still cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

double nine posted:

The Director is a Koenig, obviously.

But not a Patton Oswalt. :(

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Look, I know the supernatural isn't something that's supposed to happen, but it does happen.

That whole album is great and could totally apply to Ghost Rider. Maybe the 2099 version in some places, but still.

:rock:GHOST RIDER:rock:

Mr Beens posted:

Why would a Koenig not be played by Patton Oswalt?

Because we already know the Director is another actor, therefore IF his he's a Koenig, it's not one of the Oswalts.

I love me some Patton Oswalt, don't get me wrong. I want him to be on this show all the time.

The color coding lanyards reeks of of Koenig's influence, by the way.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 22, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SiKboy posted:

The constant use of initials and acronyms makes me wonder if the director is going to end up giving us the MCU version of AIM and/or MODOK.

You know, MODOK falling madly in love with May would be amazing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mraagvpeine posted:

What security level color do you think the director is?

White, as white encompasses all colors in the spectrum.

Obviously.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Strom Cuzewon posted:

But that's in additive colour mixing, while "orange encompasses red and yellow" is subtractive. Ruins the whole elegance of the system. Really he'd have to be black, or rainbow.

I guess we're gonna have to wait and see, then.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I would very much like to be in on this joke, as I like enjoy hu-mon laughing and "root beer."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I liked Joey. He was pretty cool. I hope he comes back.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
He just has one of those faces, man. It's not his fault.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

counterfeitsaint posted:

You guys are trying really hard to find something to be offended by. I can't possibly be as much fun to enjoy media if you approach every show with the attitude of 'how is this offensive to me?'

The MCU isn't progressive enough because:

Doesn't represent women.

Doesn't represent people of color.

Doesn't represent um, Asians?

Doesn't represent how about Hispanics?

Doesn't represent... gay people?

Doesn't represent I know, Tibetans!

Doesn't represent... give me a minute.

You could certainly call out Hollywood for Asian representation, but this might be the worst thread, save Marco Polo, in all of TV IV to do so.

Some people do look for ways to be offended, it seems. However, I'm not sure that this is the case ITT for most posters.

Azhais posted:

If you're referring to ultraviolet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_(role-playing_game)

Cool, thanks!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Heh. Ninjas.

They're wacky.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Amazon just announced the recent Tick live action pilot starring Peter Serafinowicz has been ordered to series!

noice

Also, wasn't this show on last night? Where are all the posts? That's how I know to watch it on Hulu. Did the diversitychat scare people away? :(

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard started it!

Thanks! I was looking for that pic!

Also, I have forgotten what day today is due to my crushing schedule. Oops! :shobon:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Do all the ghost riders have the stare thing? I thought it was only some of them.

The Pennance Stare was a Danny Ketch/Noble Kale thing. The Johnny Blaze/Zarathos Rider had a lot of hellfire, Ketch/Kale had hellfire, animated chains, and The Stare, and Robbie seems to have more knives and chains and hellfire, but his spirit is more like Zarathos (a demon) than Kale (the Angel of Vengeance, an agent of both Heaven and Hell)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

That and Coulson being alive totally fucks over the heroic sacrifice in the first Avengers.

You mean, Fury's lie from his lying liar face?

Nick went into Coulson's room, dipped the Captain America Limited Edition Collectible Cards™ in ketchup because, aside from that being the only thing ketchup is good for, it looked like blood on-camera and he needed a convincing, tangible catalyst for causing the Avengers to Assemble. Because we all know Coulson wasn't just letting those cards lay around loose, what kind of nerd does that?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

It would be amazing if Agents of SHIELD established that in the MCU the Christian God is just a scientifically advanced alien.

How very Hot Topic of you.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Ratings are not working the way I remember them working and I'm not okay with that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Ghost Rider would be cooler if his jacket had his name and face on it.

Are you sure about that?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, there's some good stuff you missed... the first half of the first season was pretty slow, but it really improved around episode... 15 or so?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BrianWilly posted:

It's probably wishful thinking on my part, but my theory is that (potential spoilers based on comics plot I guess) Robbie's brother has been somehow possessed by their uncle Eli. Otherwise his characterization this week was super lovely and weird.

Eli is the spirit bonded to Robbie in the comics, though there was a bit when he hopped around because Robbie wasn't playing ball...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

hiddenriverninja posted:

Fitzsimmons spent some time in the ocean, that's for sure

HQ is compliant with all workplace regulations.

OSHA

\/\/\/ We're doing a rhyming/sort of sounding like thing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 13, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

In regards to the repeated mentioning of "The Incident" in the Netflix shows as opposed to all of the other disasters, all of the Netflix shows take place in small parts of New York, where "The Incident" took place. It kind of makes sense that that would be more immediate for New Yorkers than Sokovia or whatever.

I really wish they'd actually use the characters' names instead of the stupid "green guy" stuff though.

Maybe nobody held a press conference and revealed the preferred codenames of those guys.

Senerio posted:

Someone I was talking to pointed out that while we, and the characters we tend to follow, know the codenames for the main superheroes, the average guy on the streets doesn't, besides people like Tony Stark and Captain America.

drat you.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

pee out my butt posted:

If the lady at the end is Senator Nadir, then her brother in the cocoon could be ex-SHIELD/HYDRA agent Abed Nadir, from Winter Soldier.

... I'll allow it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

counterfeitsaint posted:

Being offended that a Colombian would have friends in Miami is really, really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Is it possible that it was just a fun, non offensive episode, or is there some kind of mandatory quota that must be reached?

You know there is.

From a certain point of view.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Daisy or Robbie needing to lawyer up.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mokinokaro posted:

The more I see of him the more I like him and I hope they find some way for GR to stick around.

Now there's a spinoff I have all the enthusiasm for.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Uggghhgghh nerds.

Let's talk about comic book stuff instead.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Doronin posted:

I watch the show on DVR every week now, but oh man this last episode was excellent. But I'm loving everything to do with Ghost Rider way more than I thought I would. I've never read Ghost Rider comics, but now I think I want to go back and read up more on him.

Hell yes you do. Danny Ketch 4 lyfe!

(Also Robbie Reyes 4 lyfe now that they've well and truly messed the Ketch storyline up real good.)

Jamesman posted:

I'm not really feeling the whole self-loathing thing for James. I can't make the connection to how he went from the character we saw last season to what we saw in this episode. I don't know if there's going to be more to it that's explained later, if I'm missing something, or if it's just forcing a character to act in a way that's not in line with that character.

Most of the time he was under Hive's control, if I remember correctly.

Spergatory posted:

James also had to deal with the Hive shakes, and they even said in the show that he took it worse than Daisy. To go from murder and genocide and loving every minute of it to feeling nothing but emptiness and contemplating the wretchedness of your own actions... I'd say that's a very sensible place to turn to self-loathing nihilism.

Dammit. Beaten.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

notthegoatseguy posted:

Is there a reason two or three posters are talking about the interrogator? Has he been on something notable before?

Can't talk now.

Calibrating.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, very silly.

You should calibrate your recognition module.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm getting tired of all the Star Wars references in this show. Product synergy has gone too far

Aw boy, I'm just so tired of all these Star Wars.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

cjg posted:

Just....because?

We'll see, I suppose, but at this point in time, it seems a lot of you are just making poo poo up.

If you watch enough TV, or read enough books, eventually you start to sense patterns emerging.

On the other hand, sometimes Goons look for things that aren't there because they're convinced there has to be a twist. You can see some persistent theories in the Westworld thread, for instance.

I mean, we'll see, right?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Was he the "SHEILD is gone" guy too, or am I lumping all those guys together.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, you eternal optimist, you.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

counterfeitsaint posted:

This reminds me that I"m still waiting for the Zephyr to get ghoster rider-fied. If he turns while inside that is what's supposed to happen right?

Only if he's piloting it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

The big bad needs to be in a tower.

SHIELD will never forget his sacrifice.

Hellfire can't melt steel beams!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gonz posted:

Ghost Rider Shriner Car

Isn't that what Knuckles O'Shaugnessy drives?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
People have been saying this show will be cancelled since the first season. Some people just think like shareholders, I guess.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PunkBoy posted:

Oh hey, Aida is Symmetra.

Is that a reference from some nerdy bandwagon game? I don't get it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Avalerion posted:

Overwatch, a character builds turrets and stuff just like that. Might even be intentional since they already took lines from Junkrat. :)

I know what it's from. :colbert:

• Locked thread