Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Oasx posted:

I bet the writers were just waiting for an excuse to bring Ward back. I almost hope that this version is a good guy, we know that Brett Dalton can play a great villain, but I would like to see him take a shot at making up for the weak writing in season one.
He's good as the male hero in Until Dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I hope they go all out and just have EVERYONE who's ever appeared on the show come back for at least a cameo or something.
You know with the talks about the show not getting renewed for a 5th season, this would be a decent way to make a final season arc.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

I dunno. LMDs play a pretty big part in the comics, mainly as an out for killing characters, but also sometimes to make a character essentially immortal (see: Agent Preston), though most don't know they're an LMD (see: Dum Dum Duggan). This paves the way to bring them to the big screen portion of the MCU.
I mean Tony did make an LMD joke in the first Avengers movie so it wouldn't be unprecedented

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Sir Nose posted:

Maybe it was really Bill Pullman and somebody made the mistake... Maybe... :smith:
That would be just as bad though :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Honestly the end of this Darkhold arc should be them giving it to someone who works for Wong which explains why the book is in Dr. Strange.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sunday at work posted:

Even hardcore comic nerds don't care that much. Marvel has been pushing inhumans because Fox owns the film rights to mutants plain and simple.
And yet there are still a ton more X-Men comics compared to Inhuman comics

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

You know reading the Iron Fist reviews its kind of amazing how AOS gets the shaft from most people and how the Netflix series are so much more better and yet AOS does really well at the things that the Netflix series struggles at like pacing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Floppychop posted:

Poor pacing is harder to notice when you can binge an entire series in a weekend.

When a series is trickled out on a traditional schedule it's more noticeable. Especially when they do poo poo like 6 week breaks.
No I'm saying AOS is actually pretty good at pacing when you binge watch a season in a couple of days.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yes. The reason she changed her name probably isn't that the audience is biased against Chinese people and their names. Chloe Bennet sounds just way cooler while Chloe Wang is simply a name which wouldn't really get publicity in Hollywood. (At least not the good kind). And a huge amount of artist names are made up, to the point where no one would even know the original one. Just ask Norma Jean Mortensen, Joaquin Rafael Bottom, Mark Sinclair Vincent or Olivia Jane Cockburn.
Or Michael John Douglas

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Soonmot posted:

Aside from the lackluster fighting, my biggest complaint was: why is Gau part of the Hand? How is that a thing? There was no connection to that in Daredevil, she was doing her own thing.
They wanted to streamline the big villain for the Defenders so everything turns out to be part of the Hand

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I'm more concerned that the show introduces, and then forgets, that she has telekinesis

I cant remember if she's every made explicitly NOT Hand in DD. DD S1 has her being all weird and mystical, and Nobou being a random ninja, and S2 retcons him into being Hand, right?
Nah Nobou was always Hand judging by his ninja gear in DD S1

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 22, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Man I wonder how Clark Gregg feels about Iron Fist being lame

Probably nothing, but still he is a big fan of the character so it must hurt to know that his favorite character is like the one really big misstep of the MCU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I was reading the comments and damned if I didn't agree with the person that said Brett Dalton should play as Nathan Drake if they ever make that Uncharted movie

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Oh poo poo the title screen at the end. Is Agents of Hydra the title of this last arc?
It's "What If?" iirc

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Missed the episode because my brother really wanted to finish Dangaronpa 2 (which is appropriate I guess) just finished it and man I love this show; then again I always love a good mirrorverse story. :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I wonder if Ward will go bad if he finds out that he is just a simulation

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

hangedman1984 posted:

That's why I make my own soap now
Conspiracy theorist Coulson is best Coulson.
I wonder if Alex Jones exists in this dystopian hell on earth

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

:lol: Chopping Mall reference from a kid

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

Whoa... framework Fitz knows about "the other side"
Its kind of funny how similar it is to what the Secret Empire Event is going to be later this year with Marvel

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

God I really want to binge the rest of this season, watching this all play out week after week is just :smith: as gently caress

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Oh god the Dr. Hyde serum!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

John Hannah going full Batius!!!

E: Tripp :unsmith:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 19, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Mace :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

That British Hydra newscaster in the preview looks familiar

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

howe_sam posted:

It's Bakshi isn't it? They mentioned him as a newsperson tonight
Indeed it is

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The MSJ posted:

There's an interview Joss Whedon about his Batgirl movie and predictably he voices some issues he had with Marvel, including him disagreeing with the decision to resurrect Coulson for AoS.
He was also upset that Marvel does not plan to continue or address the "Black Widow is barren" or the Hulk/Widow romance subplot. :lol:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

:lol: get hosed

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Ward in this universe was trained by Hand :unsmith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Oil Drill, my god HYDRA is working with the ENCLAVE!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Haha I love Daisy just clowning people with her powers.
Going full Saints Row 4 here

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

AIDA is going to be so disappointed with a human body.
Plus its going to be like Big Trouble in Little China where she dies immediately and in the most anticlimactic way possible

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

howe_sam posted:

How is Agents of Shield doing Secret Empire better than the comics books are?
Because Nick Spencer isn't involved in writing this show

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

I hate Fitz' dad more than I've ever hated a fictional character before.
Nah Chuck on BCS still holds that crown for me at least

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

I think it's safe to assume that any non-mutant-related Marvel show is confirmed to be a part of the MCU, at least technically. Even Cloak and Dagger -- which will be on Freeform next year -- explicitly shows Roxxon, which was a part of Agent Carter. I'm sure Runaways will have that kind of stuff too.

As to how much it'll actually cross over to other shows, set expectations at ground level or lower. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Roxxon is the one thing that is universal in the MCU: its been in IM3, AOS, Agent Carter, Daredevil, and now Cloak and Dagger

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Blackagar Boltagon is a great goofy name :colbert:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Ahahhhahhaha

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Talbot nooooooooooooo :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, he was taking it to where the books were stored in Dr. Strange.
No he said it was taking it to the writer of the book which means he could be giving it to Chthon

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

hope and vaseline posted:

sure guys lets put the show in space, that'll totally save on the FX budget
They are probably going to pull a SG1 and have them go to alien planets that suspiciously look like forests around Canada/California

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

You know, it almost seemed like they were setting things up for a Ghost Rider spin-off.
I hope not because we know what happened the last time they tried spinning off something from this show :smith:

• Locked thread