Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dexo posted:

The framework was initially a virtual training thing.

They used it to keep May alive and sedated.

Once they got the Darkhold the Doctor realized what he could do with it and create a whole world. To give humans immortal life.

Shiny and chrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I know we've moved on from him super hard but I still kinda miss Deathlok.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Javid posted:

I'm hoping either Mace or Ward is the framework-verse Captain America. Not sure which would be funnier.

Davis.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I would've much preferred them encountering a sudden pillar of fire and assuming Robbie was in it but then it turns out to be Spawn, as an April Fools joke.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CornHolio posted:

You know, once they're out of the framework, things are going to be really awkward around the office for awhile.

Yeah, because they're extremely poo poo at the 'accepting that things aren't real' part of this mission. I bet one of them's gonna hold a grudge against someone for actions in the Framework after they get out.

AbstractNapper posted:

This could make sense. But mainly it also brought up an issue that I did not pay much attention too. Skye and Simmons were both in the framework world and probably part of a scripted narrative that Aida created (perhaps after it was confirmed that they could not capture them and put them in the framework like Coulson et al), before the real ones hacked into and took their place -- I don't know why I missed this or chose to ignore it, because the show does not hide it. They were also both seemingly going to be eliminated according to that "narrative" (Simmons as a SHIELD agent was already shot and buried, and Skye as a "potential" inhuman would probably follow.

Skye was fine for the most part because Ward was keeping an eye on her. That's the entire reason he's not a loyal HYDRA agent here. They'd (probably) kill her if they found out.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, everyone's been working with the assumption that Aida is fulfilling everyone's regret but I've never really accepted that because (a) Aida has no way of knowing their regrets, she just found out May's thing from Radcliffe and (b) that seems very complicated and Aida doesn't seem nearly that devoted to helping people, she just wanted to make May complicit and she's shown that getting them in the Framework is her sole meaningful "command".

That was Radcliffe's original rationalization and since AIDA has no imagination she's just continuing that work. How things got flipped turned upside down like this though is beyond me.

Metropolis posted:

May must be woke, because how else would she know to bring Mack in to trick Daisy? Him not being on Hydra's radar in any way was mentioned several times in the episode. So I think that's a pretty big hint. May's been in it the longest. Her biggest regret (not saving the girl) turned into what might be an even bigger regret (saving the girl who caused the incident that let Hydra rise to power, and ultimately failing to save the girl since she just died a bit later).

They came after Mack for that drone Hope foolishly decided to customize and disassemble into a hoverdrone of her own. She doesn't know who any of these people are, she's just using them because they're there and Skye's being so bizarrely friendly with them so they must be useful if utilized properly. Plus it makes sure that they toe the line in the future as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What a small viewerbase. I'm shocked they just approved a second season.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's a shame that we're not getting any more Ghost Rider though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

SHIELD is a show I will use an example for years for how if you lose people in the first half of the first season, no matter how loving awesome you get after that, it will always be a struggle.

If AoS opened up with anything remotely resembling it's current quality level it'd probably be doing extremely well. But man, getting people to give it a second shot is like pulling teeth.

Yeah that's how it goes. I'm a perfect example of that because I watched like five episodes of Supergirl and I can't work up the motivation to get back into it despite hearing that it largely improved. I mean...My god that Red Tornado outfit.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hell I consider the 2nd season of Agent Carter to be a miracle it happened at all. That show.. I don't know why that show bombed. It was awesome and it started pretty good. I kind of look at Carter as a miniseries, you can absolutely watch it get most plots wrapped up satisfyingly. Though the whole "Can't have kids" thing they dropped with Jarvis's wife at the end will probably dangle forever, that's pretty drat minor.

I think the reasons previously covered was that Carter was bizarrely restrictive in how you could watch episodes or something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Robbie's gonna show up in the framework, channel the Ghost Rider, and save everyone. He'll use a modified version of the Pennance Stare to burn away all memories of Evil Fitz.

Nah, he's gone forever. Ghost Rider got too expensive.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How dare Fitz not believe those rogue agents trying to dismantle his organization when they make baseless claims about his character and the reality he lives in being a false simulation designed to keep him complacent.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OH gently caress, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT TRIPP

Vorgen posted:

The most boring part of any TVIV thread is people wanking on and on about ratings. The other most boring part of any TVIV thread is people wanking on and on about show budgets.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bruceski posted:

My response was "oh no, now when they leave the Matrix they'll have to abandon someone the audience actually cares about."

Watch them leave Lincoln behind again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bruceski posted:

My response was "oh no, now when they leave the Matrix they'll have to abandon someone the audience actually cares about."

Watch them leave Lincoln behind again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrew has been surprisingly absent so far. Did he get guillotined off screen for being an Inhuman or is he just doing something else and can't show up on the show?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tad SG posted:

Maybe he was killed as part of the incident in Cambridge, further explaining May's framework persona.

STAC Goat posted:

I want to say they made some passing mention of Andrew being an inhuman who was killed or something? Like just his name on some passing file or something. I may be totally wrong, though.

Last time I remember hearing anything about him, May was talking to him on the phone right after saving the kid instead of killing her in the Framework, so I could buy either one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Huh, Terregenisis giving a full heal is neat. It's never been done under duress so I guess I can't be surprised though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

howe_sam posted:

This loving show redeemed Grant loving Ward

I mean, that's why DC keeps doing billions upon trillions of different universes right? Anything is possible?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder how long the half-life on taking someone out of the Framework and them going crazy is.

Also, watch Aida get herself a real body and immediately shut down the Framework and get everyone out because she suddenly has a conscience.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I agree. She's gonna have super strength or something that only Ghost Rider the Darkhold can stop.

OH MY GOD, IT'S LADY SIF ON THE TOP ROPES!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

I would laugh if Aida forgot about Robbie and didn't change any of his regrets so he's ghost riding in the Framework

I don't think she ever encountered Robbie. Did she?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm glad I was right about Radcliffe playing the long game and only agreeing to help Fitz to get him out of the Framework.

Also yeah, Daisy should've just said Mack didn't have a kid in the real world.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ojjeorago posted:

Are you blind?

You are very bad at sarcasm.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Well, considering that Black Widow is basically May in skill level and she's an Avenger, it seems like we already have one on Team AoS!

BW has a healing factor tho

sticklefifer posted:

If they're going to change up the game every season like they have been, it wouldn't be out of character for this show to somehow give everyone powers next season - or the final season, whenever it ends up being.

Agents of MECH

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

So thrilled Ghostrider is back! I look forward to some sweet fire chain action.

Yeah, I read a thing a while back that said GR was done on the show. I guess they were wrong. I'm glad he's coming back but I really want the next episode to show Talbot and crew running back into the room and encountering him in person as they just heard the machine kick on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

So thrilled Ghostrider is back! I look forward to some sweet fire chain action.

Yeah, I read a thing a while back that said GR was done on the show. I guess they were wrong. I'm glad he's coming back but I really want the next episode to show Talbot and crew running back into the room and encountering him in person as they just heard the machine kick on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I dunno why it double-posted.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's a shame that Elizabeth Henstridge and Clark Gregg are gonna die in four months.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ojjeorago posted:

They can cut costs by just not having Ghost Rider stick around, Mr. Skeltal is expensive.

Ghost Rider only has one on-screen appearance in the next season but his chain constantly flies into view from off camera and drags people to their death.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Remember Kid Cold?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

I actually thought pretty much this today. Remember the rising tide loser, who slept with Skye and sold her out to what we now know was Hydra? What did they call themselves again? It was something really stupid. Caterpillar, maybe?

And do you remember that flaming guy who killed a few people and buggered off, or died?

I am so glad that I didn't drop this show in season one.

Centipede!

And I totally forgot about scorch and absorbing man. They got powers in the show really fast, now that I'm thinking back on it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think Bobbi starred in good right and nothing less.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone have a list of all these not SHIELD organizations?

STAC Goat posted:

I rewatched the end to be sure but I actually think we might be jumping the gun entirely on even assuming that they were taken up to space and that scene was the same Coulson in the diner. I don't really have any basis for it but my first thought when I saw it was that its a different Coulson who's been in space for awhile, for whatever reason, and that's the secret Ghost Rider knew.

I have absolutely no basis for that. And presumably if Coulson was a LMD Aida would have noticed when she hooked him up to the Framework. So I have no idea what it could be. But whatever the hell Coulson and Robbie were talking about is a possible wild card.

The deal is that Coulson has to tell Hulk that he didn't die first.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

So they just find a corpse? Because Hive wasn't mind-controlling a living Ward, he was wearing Ward's very dead body like a lovely Armani suit.

They don't find Ward, they find W.A.R.D.

Also, I echo also wanting an extremely climatic final battle with Aida and Ghost Rider but seeing her get played like she did when Coulson's head burst into flames was also very cool.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nelson posted:

I hate that they put in pointless gore just because they can. After seeing the eyeball being drilled out my wife left the room and declared that she hated SHIELD. Now if I want to watch it, it doesn't count as family time :(

I mean, it's a good show

but I would say maybe be 15 or older if you're gonna watch it

I still can't get over corpse-coat Hive. Couldn't look at him, just made me horribly uncomfortable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

My wife decided to stop watching AOS because it was getting more violent. We have an impressionable toddler, so that's actually a concern. I had decided to keep watching because I didn't think it was more violent than it had been. Next episode was the one with Simmons stabbing the snot out of of Fitzbot. My son was sitting on my lap when the scene happened and I tried to rotate him away from the screen so he wouldn't see what really looked like a murder. He kept twisting his head to see and I kept rotating the chair so he couldn't. We went back and forth for the length of sequence and later I had to admit to her that the show was not kid safe.

More violent?! First episode is Ward punching a guy unconscious through a utensil drawer. And then they're shooting everyone dead for like four episodes before they actually get ICErs. Seriously, it's a cool show if you're a teenager or older but it wasn't really a for-kids show from the beginning unless you're the kinda person who watched R-rated movies when you were like 11.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Phenotype posted:

Eh, when I was a kid I feel like you saw people shooting guns and punching the bad guys in every TV show. It's kinda generalized violence and typically not very explicit or bloody, whereas a woman screaming and stabbing her boyfriend in the chest, or a very human-looking eye getting power drilled, are much more real, and I would definitely think the one could cause nightmares where the other wouldn't.

I still think this isn't exactly toddler-friendly programming at the least.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Phylodox posted:

Coulson defacing that robot was pretty extreme, too.

That's robots. No one's freaked out about robot gore until you mention that there's a pilot inside of it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Gemma's transformation into the last person you ever wanna gently caress with has been one of the most satisfying arcs of the series. Getting stranded on an alien planet really made a badass out of her.

It's not like she was going to stay spineless forever or something. With Fitz's brain problems, The HYDRA double agent poo poo, becoming a certified field operative, the alien planet stranding and finding herself buried alive suddenly, she was gonna improve no matter what happened.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

A far cry from the early days where I literally couldn't understand why they needed Fitz AND Simmons, it seemed utterly redundant and they did the same thing. Then again I also felt that way about Ward and May. And Skye was annoying.

This show definitely has gone straight up in quality since then.

:shrug: Fitz was the tech guy and Simmons was basically the biologist/medic. And since they've known and worked in close proximity with each other for a while I couldn't say I was shocked that their fields of expertise ended up mixing together.

Plus, it's based on comic books, where if you're a scientist or engineer of any kind then you're basically qualified to do everything ever, as opposed to the real version, where people very knowledgeable at one subject thinks that remains the same for every one of them. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Season 4 is on Netflix now.

• Locked thread