Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Also, she's not wearing the gauntlets Simmons made for her in the scenes where she gets hurt.

Yep. She was shaking herself apart before she got the gauntlets. She doesn't have that buffer anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BlackJosh posted:

I mean if it actually exists it would be all science wouldn't it? This is probably getting too philosophical

If you can create theories that can be repeatably tested and observed, then magic can totally be a science.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, so I apparently missed some stuff.

Who was that lady at the end of the episode? Was that just the senator that had on screen within the show 18 seconds earlier?

Yep

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Oh. Well, was she also the lady who ratted out Yo-yo? And was that guy in a chrysalis at the end hinted at anywhere earlier or is that a mystery for a later episode?

No. The bride to be was someone else. If we do see her again, it will be for Yo Yo to rescue, and she can tearfully see the error of her ways asking Yo-Yo for forgiveness.

That's the first time that chrysalis was seen. I believe she mentioned she was at her brother's place, so I'm assuming that's him.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Oh wow, I totally missed a lot of the finer details then. I thought that was just a party. I didn't even catch the part about someone getting married.

To be honest, I think it was "just a party". But they talked about how Yo-Yo needed to get the dress for the wedding and other wedding things before the lights went out.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Error 404 posted:

Frank Castle is the Pepe Le Pew of murder.

It's like...the only thing he does.

I think the reaction was more towards "that time he became a black man" than the unsurprising reveal that Frank tries to kill Luke.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

howe_sam posted:

They posted a clip from next week's episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMuxklJMTMM. Heyyyy, I know that voice, Garrus!

He god drat better say "Calibrating" when setting up the machine.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I loved the look he gave Simmons when she blackmailed him.

It's like, "what the heck, Simmons. I'm trying to save this gosh-darned agency. Besides this is test and protocol you designed"

ninja edit: swapped out swears to words Mace would use (and then apologize for being strong language)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ither posted:

This season has been underwhelming so far. I mean, why is the bag bad some random nobody scientist? Why are we retreading Kill All Inhumans, again?

Show, give us an epic plot line, please.

BRING BACK WARD!

wait... ghosts in this season... WARD IS COMING BACK AS GHOST-SQUID-WARD

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Error 404 posted:

Am I the only one who thought Blade 3 was good because it was hilarious?

It will always have a place in my heart for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy7kb5ABsyk

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

Why would he?

There's no way Eli isn't up to eyeballs with the events around the book.

Maybe it was a sacrifice he had to make to get power. Human sacrifice of family members by way of drive by.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

cjg posted:

How did they tie anything about the book to the Fifth Street Locos?

I don't think they have?

But again, Eli is probably the dude that ordered the hit. So maybe that's all the connection there is.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

cjg posted:

Just....because?

We'll see, I suppose, but at this point in time, it seems a lot of you are just making poo poo up.

Of course, we are. That's half the fun, and with this show you have a pretty good likelihood of hitting the mark every now and then. But I honestly think Eli is involved with the book deeper than has been revealed.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

This stage of the season--the "let's throw poo poo on the wall and see what sticks" speculation from the thread--is always the best. No sarcasm.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

X-O posted:

There's also a Ghost Rider villain named Blackout that is a demon.

Isn't that Blackheart, son of Mehpisto?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jusupov posted:

Big Coal

This right here is the name.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Kojak is like a pop culture icon. He's shorthand for 'bald dude'.

Unfortunately, as we get older pop culture becomes retro culture, and something incomprehensible to us takes it's place.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Get Fox to let them use Deadpool so they can loosely adapt the Dead Presidents storyline.

I would pay cash money to see that story line. Dead presidents to see Dead Presidents.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Spergatory posted:

Oh, absolutely. As was Arrow seasons 1 and 2; immaculately so, in fact. But after that, everything more or less went completely off the rails. It's part of why those shows have become so frustrating to me: they've shown that they certainly can plan and execute an arc, and that fairly amazing things happen when they do. It's just that they... well, don't.

The most enjoyable thing about the CW shows last season were the /u/OnBenchNow synopses on Reddit. In fact I just stopped watching the episodes in favor of those towards the end.

But I absolutely was on board for Arrow S1 and S2 and Flash S1.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

notthegoatseguy posted:

I agree on both. But as far as tight storytelling, I think AOS S2 is a lot better than JJ (a few episodes too long) or Cage (honestly like 6 episodes too long). Hell, I'd take even the shittiest AOS villains over loving Diamondback.

I think Defenders might work out since it'll only be 8 episodes long, though I'm kind of concerned with them juggling so many characters at once.

Plus, Sigourney Weaver, who will be fantastic even if she phones it in.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zebulon posted:

Nick Cage as Johnny Blaze doing a full explanation of the season so far in the same style as the dude from Ant-Man.

By "the dude" you mean Michael Peņa?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PierreTheMime posted:

Seriously though after that aside there's no way that his core character isn't a Leave It To Beaver character living and dealing in a grimdark reality. No one acting would think to go out of their way to say something so meaningless yet thoughtful.

And that's why he's going to fail spectacularly, maybe to the breaking point. No one like that should be in charge of Shield and make calls on what it has to do at times.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BreakAtmo posted:

The only issue I see with Coulson is that given his lack of powers, he would likely have to be a gun-focused character, which will almost certainly be a role filled by an RE hero - probably Leon.

His robot hand is *made* for ROCKET PUNCH

holy poo poo, they better do this in the show.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Argue posted:

I hope it turns out by the end that the entire team's been replaced but the LMDs are just as heroic as they are and mount a rescue mission to save the real ones.

That was an episode of Stargate SG1, wasn't it?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm very pleased that Daisy gets to be an agent again, but I had to laugh at her zipper on her suit being unzipped 4 extra inches for no reason at all.

Oh, there's a reason.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Oracle posted:

This is my fault I'm sorry I failed you galavant. I watched all of a season 1 except the first ep because I could only ever find it as a vine in Romanian or some poo poo with subtitles. Are both seasons out on Netflix or anywhere? I missed all of season 2.

Yep. Both seasons on Netflix (at least in the US)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Spergatory posted:

I imagine this conversation would happen at some point.

:v: "Hey, Ghost Rider, if you can instantly heal all my other injuries, why can't you heal my legs?"
:skeltal: "Pre-existing condition."
:v: "Thanks, Obama!"
:argh:

:drat:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I saw a commercial for Agents of Shield being moved to MeTV, so that pretty much means it's dead.

You know, the channel that runs nothing but Matlock and MacGuyver re-runs.

That means it's in syndication. It's not for first run episodes.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Guys, here's my unified theory of Ghost Rider and his powers (see my AV):

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 22, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I wonder what's so expensive about GR, the flaming head effect doesn't look all that much better than Firestorm's flames on LoT.

lol

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm assuming Legends of Tomorrow. Bottom of the barrel CW stuff. Started with some promise, but basically imploded on itself a few episodes in as unwatchable crap.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Yup. Exactly like AoS.

lol

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Aleph Null posted:

How is Eobard alive? Eddie killed himself and erased Eobard from the timeline. The only stuff Eobard could do was the stuff he already did. This is obviously new stuff since he is changing history. That's not possible. They are breaking their own rules.
Also, time wraiths murdered Zoom because he... what? Made a time remnant and kept him around? Barry's done far more damage the time wraiths haven't murdered him. Why are the time wraiths letting Eobard potentially alter time in massive ways (like nuking New York). Are the time wraiths banking on the League of Extraordinary Idiots to clean up so they don't have to? Do they, as non-speedsters, have to worry about time wraiths? If not, why didn't The Vanishing Point get wiped out by time wraiths long ago since the Time LordsMasters have been manipulating time to help Vandal Savage for thousands of years.
But, how is Eobard alive? That's the big one.

I still watch them. But they do have issues.

Also, Barry is the dumbest one of all and he's supposed to be the smart one.

http://i.imgur.com/F7bttaW.gifv

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

I know you were just waiting for an excuse to post that,
I really was.

enraged_camel posted:

but that's actually the point: AoS doesn't need a similar gif to hand-wave away ridiculous plot holes.
For all the weird bullshit in AoS, at least they make a reasonable attempt to explain it within the framework of the show's universe.

Flash doesn't even try. Flash S01 was super fun for the most part. The show drove me away during S02.

AoS was super ragged at the start and I almost gave up, but then the Hydra stuff started and I've been on board ever since. The only other show that did that for me was Person of Interest. It also started kind of "eh, another CBS procedural". Then it dropped a HUGE WTF Bomb around episode 6 or 7 and vaulted into some of the best TV I've ever seen. The series starts as a darker version of the A-Team and ends on an all out war for survival between two gods.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 30, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

dontlistennope it still bad dont bother coming into the thread just stay here thanks, still a bad show just being bad all over tv. just keep flossfl in this thread

Hahahaha

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

Season 1 was great in this regard. Then in Season 2, it's as if the writers received a directive from CW executives along the lines of "MUST HAVE STUPID DRAMA IN ORDER TO APPEAL TO OUR TEENAGE AUDIENCE" and they just went with it.

It has been a bit better this season, except for the whole Cisco thing. It's just so out of the character for him to carry so much angst. It really drags the show down.

Yes, I loved S1 and they lost me during after the mid-season break of S2 for precisely the reason you lay out.

And that sucks re: Cisco. His character was one of the consistently enjoyable parts of the show.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Arcanen posted:

Something to ponder: Aida may not be sentient after all, but LMD-May definitely is (or should be, based on what we've seen). She was created from May's brainscan, and Aida was doing her light-weaving thing constructing the neuronal structure of a brain (presumably May's). Aida's emulating emotion, but LMD-May has a brain (or, at least, is running a brain as software). Cogito ergo sum and all that.

No endocrine system, so probably all emulated.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

AbsolutelySane posted:

He's definitely not the Superior. It might be Blake. I could have sworn they said he founded the Watchdogs last season, although I may have misheard.

Yeah, that whole Blake as mastermind behind the Watchdogs really went anywhere other than establishing the Watchdogs as a bigger threat than rednecks in pickup trucks who found nifty weapons. I can see them doing a callback and having the reveal be that Blake is the Superior.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

I was lucky enough to have missed season 1, so I binged through it and didn't notice it was bad during its first half.

Same. But I also knew it was going to get good, because everyone was saying how fantastic the back half was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Huh. I guess they are just talking.

• Locked thread