Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

notthegoatseguy posted:

Just re-watched the clip on ABC's YouTube of Fitz killing Aida's real world counterpart and I'm really liking that the "REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE" pretty much fails every time. I'm even thinking Coulson was already having doubts, probably due to already having his mind hosed wit, and not because he has a particular strong connection to Daisy.

Nah. Coulson called Hydra on Simmons, they gave him some information, a folder full of stuff, and forced/asked him to follow her, and either inform on her and friends, or carry around a tracking device. He's a true believer by nature, the same way Fitz is loyal to his family, Ward is loyal to his Person, and May is a loyal soldier.

The only thing he's said about the real world was Daisy's name, which Hydra knows. Everything else has been him Magoo'ing around, and Simmons projecting Original Flavor Coulson onto him. The soap thing... could be anything really.

Coulson hasn't been teaching Fascism 101, giving students to Hydra, and also been a fan of the Patriot. It's an act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

kayakyakr posted:

Except that they established that Coulson is a conspiracy theorist with recollections that he can't reconcile before the point at which he would have become an agent of Hydra. You could tell he was uncomfortable when they took his student as well, but too afraid to say anything.

He also shot a pair of Hydra lackeys and didn't say anything as Ward was about to shoot Fitz. The lackeys were no big, but a double agent would have supported Simmons to protect a key asset.

These are good points, but I've become paranoid.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Fitz coming out of the framework with a grin and "Wow, that was hosed UP, amirite?" would be pretty good.

Just completely free of guilt for any of it, except maybe killing Agnes, but then again, she was already dead, and the framework was hell, and he probably saved her a decade or two of suffering, so, lol.

May comes out, now even better at breaking faces after having spent years in a hellscape where there is only fighting, but no aging or carrying injuries over. Now free of the guilt from Bahrain.

Coulson and Mack are the only ones to come out sad. Mack for still only getting to spend a little while with Hope, and Coulson because he has to deal with the fact that in another world, he'd be a full-on fascist bootlicker. Then again, he broke free eventually.

They end up keeping NPC Ward and Radcliffe, downloaded into LMDs. Bonus points if somebody says "The world could always use more heroes!". Fitz makes it well known that he can pop either of them remotely at any time.

Daisy and Simmons are both completely bewildered by how little it effected the others.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 14, 2017

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think the best option is that they run into Robbie Reyes in the Framework. He immediately recognizes them for who they are.

"But didn't you get dragged to Hell?"
"Yeah"
"How'd you get out?"
"I didn't"

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

STAC Goat posted:

Or maybe some real wildcard like Aida escaping and becoming Madame Hydra in our reality for a new Hydra formed in the image of her Framework, and like keeping the Framework and somehow managing to use it to build Hydra up. Somehow. I don't know.

Build robot bodies. Export (or better, copy) Hydra NPCs to the robot bodies. Literally building a loyal Hydra army. Upload aida_2_03.exe into Google or whatever. Go full Skyenet.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Red Oktober posted:

Also, thread title request to "Coulson's Crazy Soap Factory".

Yeah, this would be the best name.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Skye is going to be A Problem for Hydra next episode. Or completely destroy herself due to not getting the full Inhuman spa treatment. We'll see!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

THAT'S NOT HER NAME

I think it is in the Framework, though?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager posted:

I will be utterly shocked if SHIELD shuts down the framework this season. They're becoming attached to the inhabitants; even if they get out of it, I think it would be the height of evil to just burn the place down provided the AI is really self-aware, which is not out of the question given the designer. It seems like they might end up like that one old TNG episode where they let the simulation run on forever to allow the sentient virtual character within to live a full life.. or as I mentioned, introduce the idea of using LMDs to bring people (or copies) back into the real world, like Good Ward.

Either way I will be a bit disappointed if after they leave the framework they still go right back to "Yep, burn all AIs, burn all LMDs, gently caress whatever emotions they claim to have" now that they're gotten a ton of evidence to change their POV.

Stargate, with it's many alternate universe episodes, had a definite guide to dealing with them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SreTPgurTg&t=158s

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

irlZaphod posted:

I've just realised that seems to be the one "regret" which Coulson changed - turning down the offer to join SHIELD. That's kind of a bummer. :smith:

And having seen both options, he can make the only choice Coulson would ever make, but with a clear conscience.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
That would be a pretty impressive twist. Can Ward be Slade at that point?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Robot Hobo posted:

For a while, I thought Ghost Rider was going to show up in the framework and reveal that this VR world wasn't a figurative Hell, but thanks to Darkhold mojo it was actual literal Hell.

Still hoping for this ending. Mostly to see Ghost Rider declare Aida has a soul, and drag her to robot hell.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So far, Aida's the only person to use the book and not get monkey-pawed. Looking forward to that.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I would laugh if Aida forgot about Robbie and didn't change any of his regrets so he's ghost riding in the Framework

Or she did, and he's still Riding - I don't think the demon part of Ghost Rider takes contracts lightly.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
A Daisy vs Ophelia super-showdown ends when May magdumps into Ophelia's torso.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I've changed my mind. For Ophelia, all roads lead the the Ghost Rider.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
They have a scene set in 1980, then a "34 years later" label on a scene that was current with the rest of the movie.

Considering a lot of the other MCU movies happened in the same week, and Iron Man came out in 2008, the MCU might be a little before current time, or GoTG might be a little behind the other movies.

Also, if SHIELD references anything, it will be A giant pile of blue alien goop sprouting up behind a DQ and wrecking part of a town.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
And Aida could tell the difference between them, to the point where she couldn't handle actual emotions and sensations.

Even if the "inhabitants" of the framework could be counted as "real" (nah), shutting it down is the right move - it will always be an awful hell dimension manifested by an evil book.

Bringing the "people" out of the framework will cause some other calamity. This isn't even a theory - the Darkhold is an actual evil book that corrupts everything it's involved with. That may even be it's purpose. This isn't some philosophical thing - it's pattern recognition.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
They mean something to the "real" people that participated in them, so they aren't meaningless.

Shut down the framework, shoot 3d-printed Hope in the face, burn it all, get the required therapy to move on. Literally 0 things that come from the Darkhold should be kept around.

Mack can be saved, but Radcliffe's done.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Whatever comes out of the framework's not Hope. It's a simulation of Hope that existed in a hell dimension/video game powered by a literal evil artifact. She will, intrinsically, cause chaos and sorrow everywhere she goes, and be a living foothold for the Darkhold's (or whatever made it's) eternal shenanigans.

That's the Darkhold in every case - you get what you want, but get it in the way that will most destroy you.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

kayakyakr posted:

Animation. Fox still owns TV rights.

SWORD's license is up in the air. It's not exclusively mutant, but it did originate with an X-Men comic book and features a half-alien, half-mutant leader.

I'm betting they do not use Brand.

I'd never heard of the character, did some Googling, now I think they should. Just leave it at half-alien. Or just an inhuman. Or whatever, it doesn't matter, really. It seems like she'd fit into the show pretty well.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ashye posted:

He saw Yo-yo as someone willing to give everything to be with him the same way he was willing to give everything to Hope.
Probably what spurred him to go through the door at the end and see why she was so devoted. Once out he still has the memories of 8 years with Hope so it removed some of the regret of not being there for her.

Killer robot fixed Macks' brain!

Somehow Mack was the only winner of the Framework Challenge.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Mover posted:

Needs to be a Guardians crossover so rocket can tell him to eat out of the trash can.

"Not this year"

Please get a job at Marvel, and make this happen, tia!!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The first episode wasn't bad, and it seems like there's a good show in there somewhere. Also, SHIELD has made me a little tolerant about weak early episodes.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

The best part is everyone looking at Coulson like "WAS THIS THE DEAL YOU MADE" and him going "nope" and then no one asks what the actual deal is.

Because it's worse.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
My dumb guess:

Fitz has somehow arranged a wacked-out time loop based on an incredibly reckless cheat. We're not watching the first loop. The dire consequences of this action will be the last part of the season. The next time the future-crew sees him, he'll be some flavor of "not okay", but that's the deal for punching physics in the crotch. This trip through, maybe Daisy did crack the planet.

As a side note, May's surprisingly functional for someone missing an inch-wide cylinder through her leg. I'm guessing she's not an LMD, the writers didn't consider how much of a problem that would be, or just consider her to be a super soldier at this point.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
That looks wierd and good, and I will watch it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Hopefully the second pod this season is a comedy of errors as the SHIELD team takes a vacation. After a brief hospital stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: P.T.O.

• Locked thread