Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Did you just explode Mr. Shockley?

How did he keep his clothes the when he blew up that diner? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Irn-Bru posted:

He also holds Shockley by the throat until Shockley calls him his superior. But then again, maybe they're just really big on hierarchy?

Yea thank you for confirming I'm not the only one who heard that.

Then again some people are still confused so :psyduck:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm a little bummed we lost Nadeer already, she was a pretty good villain to hate on.

Maybe her brother will come back and be an even bigger dick

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

if you ever care at all about the mechanics of time travel in any story, your brain is broken. stop caring about it, forever. all "rules" of fiction are fake.

It is good when whatever rules they have for time travel are consistent. LoT just does whatever the gently caress and it's pretty glaringly bad at times.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GLOSS posted:

So....do you just poop and pee yourself while in the Framework? Doesn't seem to be any sort of "disposal" apparatuses on hand while you're under...

The knowledge of the darkhold is not enough to overcome this challenge :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fitz is gonna have to shoot another robot in the head :clint:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Obviously the Coulson roboto is programmed too well and he is in love with the Maybot. They are going to run off together.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So how is this a problem again Fitz? Just pop each of them in the dome like you did Radcliffe.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mental Hospitality posted:

The whole sequence of stabbing Fitzdroid was one of the most hosed up things i've seen on this show.

You mean funniest. It was like the Jojen stabbing scene in GoT.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Glad Daisy remembered she has superpowers after the LMD smacked her around for a bit

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Homicidal robot trying to kill you is a good reason to open with your powers

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Bet this is going to be a world where either Hydra won the events of Winter Soldier, or SHIELD never exists and it was Hydra all the way down.

Wait, this is kind of House of M....House of C?

Age of Aida

and holy poo poo turning The Superior into a head in a jar that remote controls his own body :stonklol:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

OB_Juan posted:

Maybe her only regret was not killing Ward when she had the chance.

She shot him 4 times but his plot armor was very strong.

Alexeythegreat posted:

Bonus points for Ward being the squid version, except actually Ward

Obviously the framework world is where HIVE succeeded and everything is awesome.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Klungar posted:

For the people looking for who to be angry at for the six week break:

It's your fault.

Because you didn't watch Agent Carter :(

They had 2 chances to make a good show. They failed.

Alternatively: the break would 10 weeks long if Carter was still around.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Daisy does remember this is a fake world, right? Disappointed they didn't avoid that trope. Stop being so terrible at pretending to be your Hydra persona. What did they teach you at SHIELD spy school?

Best thing about the episode was that dope rear end hydra statue in the lobby.

howe_sam posted:

Aida's got the hots for Fitz

Don't gently caress the robot Fitz

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ashpanash posted:

I'm wondering whether it's truly fake. It was 'created' by the Darkhold, right? Maybe it's not so much fake as using the computer tech to access a parallel universe. Also, the whole "if you die here, you die in the real world" plot point feels like artificial tension, especially when they made it clear that it wasn't the case in the previous simulations that May had been encountering (when we saw her beating Aida, she was told something like "this is the furthest you've come.") If it were actually transferring minds to an actual parallel world, the concept feels more alien and thus I'm more willing to buy the contrivance.

Then again, maybe the simulation is just so complex that it overloads your nano-brain-magic or whatever. It is a comic book, after all.

Also it occurs to me that the 'leave' device they have (which doesn't work) was probably just code. And if they were in a real but parallel dimension then it doesn't explain why Simmons got a new body (albeit with old clothes with bullet holes.) So never mind, I guess.

We probably shouldn't think about how the framework functions too hard or it just won't make any sense as to why Aida doesn't catch / kill them instantly.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aida owns.

Fitz owns.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hahah Ward is so lost

The real dumb part here is that he would prioritize shooting Mengele Fitz instead of Hitler Madame Hydra.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Apoplexy posted:

Yeah, this is the 18-49 demo. If you count the old pieces of retarded poo poo that watch NCIS and FoxNews, yeah, things will radically shift. But AoS getting a big win right there.

:ssh: The 18-49 demo is the key demo that howe_sam was talking about.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aleph Null posted:

That brings up a good point. Do they have the right to shutdown the Framework? This is Darkholde magic, and, if Project Looking Glass is what it sounds like, it is more a parallel reality than a virtual one. Even Jemma was impressed by how complex the "programming" seems to be. These are people, virtual people, but people none-the-less. They have lives and memories and dreams.
Shutting it down would murder billions of independent consciousnesses.

They aren't real people. The only real people are the team, Agnes :rip: and Radcliffe.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jemma trying to convince people is getting super tedious.

Fitz still owns.

This story arc has been pretty meh so far.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So what would be stopping Aida from resetting the world and removing Daisy's terrigen powers again? She made it seem like it would be pretty easy to do when talking about bring Lincoln(Iol) back.

I hope Aida was smart enough to have thought of this and Daisy's powers are something new and completely useless.

Chokes McGee posted:

what's going to be really funny is when she has like the ability to make little colored lights instead of huge vibrations

:hfive:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol what happened to the 2 guards next to Madame Hydra?

May going from literally Hail Hydra to full sympathizer just because Mace died still fesls really sloppy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I really hope this season ends with a real Hope and Ward coming through because of the project.

gently caress Ward. It's ok if he stays dead. Trip can come back though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SgtSteel91 posted:

Oh, man

Are they really going to have Ward sacrifice himself?

And make you feel sad about it?

It's a simulation so no, not feeling sad about it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

Someone had to explain the reference to me and I feel dumb :v:

Coulson killed Ward by crushing his chest with his robo-hand.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

I think there's a good chance no one cares about simulated matrix people except a few folks in this thread. The framework will get turned off and no one will mention it again except maybe Mack. The only satisfying conclusion I can see for that is if Aida becomes human, immediately turns off the framework as she has no use for it anymore, and then ghost rider shows up and stares at her for 7 billion 'deaths'.

Of course I also thought it was really dumb how she could previously re-write the framework at will to suit her needs, but apparently now she's just as vulnerable as anyone else inside of it. And she also needs to plug into it like a human, because I guess darkhold computers can't multitask at all. So my views on AIs and simulated realities are very different from the show runners.

It'll be this. Mack will feel super sad about losing his fake daughter but that's it. I bet there will even be a quip before they shut it down.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

That's one impressively fuel efficient bird they have there

The Quinjet must be powered by the same battery in Jemma's smartphone. :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ahaha Radcliffe you are such a cockroach. Always the survivor.

Jemma just walks up to Fitz Sr.'s house? Not like he would have guards or anything. Why is he home during the day during martial law funtimes instead of at work doing stuff??

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am so glad that Aida gave her human self powers.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Daisy should've quake pushed his rear end into the pit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Yep, got something in my eye when Daisy was pleading with Mack. Totally no tearing up, nope nope nope. I hope the machine is used by Mack to create Hope. That seems the best ending.

Create a child powered by evil science sounds like a bad idea.

Just get some therapy Mack

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

NowonSA posted:

Yeah this, gosh real shame that your daughter disappeared but you'll get over it. I mean, the framework basically overwrote what a person wanted to do compared to before they went in (most prominently seen in Fitz), so maybe real Mack's thoughts and feelings toward Hope wouldn't be as strong as the Framework Mack who only has memories of a life with her.

You could also make him feel a lot better by giving him first crack at the evil robot. Mack hates him some robots.

Argue posted:

It's not Hope in that it's not the same person, and maybe the idea of her having a soul is debatable (as people have argued earlier in the thread), but Hope is more than just an idea fashioned from Mack's memories. She's a recreation of the actual Hope inasmuch as everyone else in the Framework is a recreation of a real person. Again, they've explicitly said this in the past--in the ep right before the Framework arc started, they straight up say that the Framework is a duplicate of our world, and that it's populated with the 7 billion people from our world, and the way Aida got doubles of 7 billion people in there is through the magic of the Darkhold.

They don't have souls and they aren't real. Remember when Daisy told Jemma not to feel bad about killing Allister because he was a collection of 1s and 0s? And she would know because she's also a techno wizard computer hacker

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

This better mean we're going to end the season with an epic Ophelia vs Daisy super powered throw-down.

Who will be holding the door shut?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I really only feel like bringing back Ward would work. with Hope or Tripp it'd be like making a robot of them with similar personalities, close but not the same and everyone would know it, or at least they should. Mace would be okay because they scanned his brain so technically if they could bring him back he would still be mace just in a super body, but ward is, gently caress ward, that guy was a dick, and his framework half is awesome, and who cares if he's effectively an artificial construct because gently caress old Ward. Plus all the hilarity of him being back so he could infiltrate the bad guys acting like evil Ward or Hive.

:confused:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

X-O posted:

I think it means that replacing the real Tripp is worse because the real Tripp was a good dude and you're effectively just messing with the memory of a good person. Replacing the old Ward isn't so much a moral quandary because "gently caress old Ward." I'm not sure I agree either way but I get what 4000 Dollar Suit is saying.

Ah ok that makes more sense.

The MSJ posted:

Here's the picture for those who cannot access the link.

L-R: Gorgon, Karnak, Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, and Maximus The Mad.

Those costumes are bad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Try it, let's see what happens" -Daisy's last words before she learned that bullets are fasting than her reaction time. Talbot should've just shot them since he thought they were robots. If he didn't believe they were robots, why would you hang around the base when some horrible thing is killing your men? Something so terrifying that even the SHIELD team is spooked. That whole scene was stupid.

So how is Mack not brain dead? Seems like Aida just grabbed him and teleported to the zephyr.

Aida going from 0 to super scorned rampage was hilarious. Fitz you hosed up again.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

But what is it connected to? The oil rig is gone. Unless it connects directly to the framework then :psyduck:

e: super dark twist: Mack is braindead but no one knows it yet

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Anals of History posted:

Sufficiently advanced technology Evil science Darkhold: I ain't got to explain poo poo.

I did like that the Superior, even when he was still a human, was reading the Darkhold like it was no big deal. Maybe Eli and Radcliffe are just weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ApathyGifted posted:

They made a big deal when searching for May that the framework software was running on every connected device on the planet in order to get the computing power needed, there's no server bank running the whole thing at the bottom of the ocean.

Right, but the headset has to connect to something and that is now at the bottom of the ocean. But we can handwave it away with Darkhold magic and Mack just instantly connected to the framework wifi on the zephyr :v: C'mon SHIELD at least put a password on it or idiots like Yo-yo will stumble in.

• Locked thread