Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Yea sure, why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Usenet Magic-User posted:

hopefully with better fps than ARK
Setting the bar really low, smart

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'd guess NPCs you control, similar to tamed dinos in ARK

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The summer 2015 primitive ARK experience finally returns

as a completely different game

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Mr. Torrance posted:

I'm happy to see a survival game without guns or future tech.
Yea guns and space bullshit is the last thing multiplayer dinosaur game needed

Jackard fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 29, 2016

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

How poorly you think this is gonna run? Seems to be using same engine as ARK

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

AriadneThread posted:

i mean, being an established developer is a point in their favor, but didn't the ark guys say the same thing though
i'll believe it when it happens
Funcom not getting sued like Wildcard should help

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Doesn't 53 square KM seem pretty big for only 100 players? I dunno I haven't played many of the survival games that are hosted like this.
The island map from ARK is 36, 48 if you count the ocean.

The center map is around 70.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Orv posted:

The last stream made me real unsure about this. The combat was totally hosed and NPCs were nearly non-functional. I'll probably still buy it because my lust for low effort griefing had been rekindled and I'm stupid, but I'm still worried.
I figured there was a reason every single one of their trailers showed the combat in slow motion.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

how does one acquire a GMG voucher?
Got an email from them about it :peanut:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

- Official servers have clan limit sizes, and enforced 70 slot maxes until the map is expanded
This belongs under "pro"

Kimsemus posted:

have food/water last longer is neat and good)
:chloe:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 31, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Trainmonk posted:

Has anyone actually looked at the OP's website? Fuckin lmao.

"We aren’t a Goon group per se. Most our founders and members are Goons, but SA has gone to poo poo and we disagree with the culture it now has, so we are now more a group of dicks looking for other dicks. Our big thing is that we generally hate most Goons (Especially spergy whiney ones who care too much about social issues and being “nice”.) and value real free speech. No safe spaces up in this bitch. All we do is shitpost and talk bad about everyone. Also, occasionally we kill mans."

Demiurge4 posted:

I spent some time in the BMW Discord and I don't think the alt-right slant is ironic.
:yikes:

So it's a bunch of redditors.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

A Spider Covets posted:

Hi I'm a lazy garbage person who hasn't read the thread so I'm sorry if this has been discussed, even on this page. Does the "preparing character" screen take a long time? Like, ten minutes+? The little loading bar is still doing its animation but I don't know if the game is stuck or what. First time I'm loading it up.
Check Task Manager and/or restart your client

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Picer posted:

Man, rushing into some building complex two pubs spent too long making, with a steel sword was amazingly fun.

- First, kill said pubbies. Repeat until they have emptied their coffers and are coming at you naked.
- Run into the building and destroy the beds while said pubs can only watch.
- Kill them one last time while shouting "enjoy the run"
-Smash everything they have

It's been a long time since being this much of a dick felt this good.
The Riddle of Steel

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

Is all the crafting in the game so ridiculously slow? I have the speed at 10x and it takes like 10 minutes to craft a course chest piece.
Yes, because you have set crafting ten times longer.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ihmemies posted:

I gave up on this game, I'll be back when a server can have at least a day or two of uptime and gives invul to logged out players if the server has to reboot :/
Keep an eye out for unofficial servers with the setting "Characters are does not stay in the game when log"

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

Several people on Steam are reporting the last patch wiped their server.
That last patch deleted everything except the buildings on mine.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Turns out objects like chests are vanishing every time a server restarts. Gotta wait for hotfix.

:shroom: :sherman: :shroom:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

What about when the entire map is littered with broken homes and failed fortresses after a week? Will that effect the server at all?
My server wiped to get rid of that vanishing chest bug and all the lag went away, so yes

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I got a feedback e-mail adress to send suggestions to, but goons being goons, I won't release it to spare the poor FC workers from being spammef with dickpics. If you have any suggestions for improvements to the game, quote my post and :justpost:
Game needs to "borrow" some server settings from ARK, like the one that disables building over important locations or resources

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Yikes. Looks like I'm not missing much

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

So do shields feel useless for anyone else? The only use I can find for them right now is "Tanking" things while a buddy hacks at them from behind. In any other situation it seems like a 2 hander is better.
I like shield for blocking shots of poison from spiders

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

People gonna play what they want.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I am modding crafting, and set up a spreadsheet that is easier to read than the one in their editor.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fSIM0iwCDJwfAV5_yGIxkiIbJ2Q1EH2Z5a-67gjzvFs/edit?usp=sharing

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

Anyone know what the config setting is the one to be able to carry more weight? I cant figure it out for the life of me.
Try this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862152843

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

3-5x rates are best, just like ARK.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

No exceptions

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Alunan posted:

The GSF server "Mittani's Wasteland" is vanilla. We don't want 1000s of abandoned bases and scrubs. Work for your base damnit. We are three days old, and we already have had 6 pubbie refugees join from other servers with like 5x that are just ridiculous. It should be a wasteland where you have to scratch and hoard to survive, not an iron city every 20 feet.

Alunan posted:

Ah I had forgotten how ADD this community was. Thanks for reminding me.
Okay

so

if your low-pop server is vanilla everything

why would anyone join it over an official?

:jerry:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Alunan posted:

Because A) it really isn't that low pop, he joined it at a moment only 3 or 4 people happened to be on.
"Twenties and under" is low-pop for survival games. I'll grant you B through D, but those can be done better on a non-vanilla server. D doesn't even exist on 'no-sleeper' servers!

Frankly, your server combines all the drawbacks of officials (poo poo settings, poo poo support) and unofficials (poo poo pop) into one poo poo package.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 19, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

I'm sure it would to the guy who wants to "harvest tears" which is the dumbest and most dysfunctional phrase that ever gets uttered in these dumb and dysfunctional forums
The funniest part is how their circlejerk keeps whining about other servers despite the obvious differences in playstyle, they don't really want those players anyways

Jackard fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 20, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

an autistic hyper-sensitive sperg
Oh? That's a bit rich coming from you, isn't it?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

You can have one singleplayer save at a time. I think you can host that save, but not sure. Googled this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1e8OrFNnEM

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Whoa there's no need to be so defensive when discussing current game mechanics. We can be real, here

:coffeepal:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

I never strutted or even said anything...I wasn't playing with you all when the server died. And I did have proof...the admins that were abusing admitting it themselves. Measly admitted he spawned in resources for the huge base, and Cynthia admitted she was farming while invisible. Other times admins were using admin abilities to see where players were when not doing admin poo poo. So uh, who is making poo poo up here?
So if you knew this, why give them a second chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Please add this to the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

So the zerg for this game imploded in less than a month?

:wow:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

After, I remember Conan fighting some.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Howard did a bunch of Conan short stories that skipped around in the timeline; but there was enough there and in his notes for people to piece them together after he died

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Umm actually Conan is whatever the gently caress he wants to be :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Thief, Pirate, Freer of Slaves, Afghan Chief, Nomad Raider, Davy Crockett Frontiersman, Mercenary, Explorer, Assassin, King. The coolest thing about him is how much variety there is in the settings of the stories, even if a lot of them follow a set narrative pattern.
Yea wasn't he riding with notMongols at one point? There's your archers

• Locked thread