Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Super 3 posted:

Just picked this up yesterday and I've been screwing around with it. How is it playing on the Goon server? I'm a casually playing it and wondering if it's worth it with the pvp?

Small time players arent getting hosed with, just dont make some giant Avatar bait base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

flick3r posted:

Reason #3 I'll never join that official server. Duster running the goon group? kek.

:qqsay:

Pubbie tears and goon tears. A bountiful harvest for BMW.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is this any less lovely than other survival games

Has more content but runs worse than Rust. However Rust is 2 years into its development and Conan came out 2 weeks ago.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lilspooky posted:

So for somebody like me in Texas, which Goon server would be best to join?

Something Donful is Best Girl (also hosted in Dallas)

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Taylor Swift posted:

Something Dongful is Best Girl (also hosted in Dallas)

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lilspooky posted:

So I guess all the goons moved to official servers? Something Dongful is actually Something Desolate. :(

Yeah we've started loving with pubbies on Officials. Its pretty fun.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

You could join us on 178 official, which is the best server.

Everyone should do this imo. Save your 30$ to GameServers that you know will be dead in a few weeks and come play with the BMW Hellspergs

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Titus Vespasian posted:

I'm a pve weinie.

That's ok, we need base bitchescaretakers

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lilspooky posted:

Was looking to do this but the server browser shows essentially nothing. Then I noticed the "show invalid servers" checkbox and stuff pops up that I can't join. I guess my game is updated past the servers at this point?
If and when I do get in what's the best way to meet up with you folks?

Thanks man, I'll give this a shot if the other doesn't work out, but only 15 people is kinda small dontcha think?

Yeah and you'd have to play with EVE goons so it's pretty much a lose/lose

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lilspooky posted:

I briefly was an EVE Goon. :(

Not relapsing is an important step to complete recovery.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

zombieswithblenders posted:

Im on there now too. Where is everyone located?

Check the 178 channel in our Discord.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

vandalism posted:

I built up some meaningless poo poo by the big lake that you start by. Gonna build my outhouse and bed then trek to the goon promised land. Is there groups or anything or a clan I can get invited into?

discord.fuckgoons.com

Jackard posted:

Okay

so

if your low-pop server is vanilla everything

why would anyone join it over an official?

:jerry:

EVEgoons.txt

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Alunan posted:

Hey maybe it's not for everyone. Gather rates are about twice as good as Ark vanilla. I built a base in a couple hours which seems reasonable to me. If you have a clan of 3 people you have most of everything after 5 days of vanilla.

Whats the point of getting everything by yourself in a couple hours? Why even buy the game?

Because farming is dumb. Pubbie tears are all that matters, and whatever gets us to that goal quickest is best.

Taylor Swift fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 20, 2017

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Horney posted:

play on a server where destroying people's poo poo for the sake of destroying their poo poo is verboten. Resources and crafting stations are fair game because you can store poo poo in them but wheels of pain and wells are not, and of course destroying somebody's base gets you banned.

That sounds awful tbh

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Horney posted:

I'm sure it would to the guy who wants to "harvest tears" which is the dumbest and most dysfunctional phrase that ever gets uttered in these dumb and dysfunctional forums

lmbo guess the harvest starts early today. :smug:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jackard posted:

The funniest part is how their circlejerk keeps whining about other servers despite the obvious differences in playstyle, they don't really want those players anyways

The harvest is bountiful today.

Please keep crying about my "racist" circlejerk instead of talking about this game tia :allears:

Taylor Swift fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 20, 2017

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Saxophone posted:

Dudes and dudettes, I think we can all agree that playing the game and enjoying it in any way that is slightly different than the way I do makes you dumb, bad, awful, and probably someone that enjoys casually kicking dogs for fun.

Edit: Except Taylor Swift up there who I imagine has an algorithmic system set up so they can kick the optimum amount of dogs per minute.

I mean if you're going to do something, don't half rear end it, right?

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
No ones going to see me admit I'm gay with all these shitposts

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ohsosad posted:

It all comes back to the loving fishing goons in Archeage.

Also can we ever expect official servers in Australia or are lovely dedicated servers with insane admins the best we get here?

Probably better off tweeting the Conan guys directly regarding that. There hasn't been any news that Ive heard of.

Saxophone posted:

You too. Christ. We get it, you both set your dong sliders to max.

Uh I play exclusively as a woman you jerk.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

b b b b b because pubbies

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

vehk posted:

Is there still room in the tribe on 178? The private server I was playing on has turned into a rubber banding lag fest so I'm thinking of starting out new.

Yeah just hop into Discord @ discord.fuckgoons.com and the 178 Crew will get you hooked up

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Saxophone posted:

Nice meltdown. :smug:

e; lmbo had to look up his posts, I remember him now. He was the one trying to claim Vanilla Rust was good and then did a psychological analysis on why we play modded. It was good.

Thread was going so well until someone came in and bitched about drama :ironicat:

Taylor Swift fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 24, 2017

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Popete posted:

Yeah my base kept getting raided every night and I just kinda stopped bothering. I only get an hour or 2 at a time and spending that rebuilding a base just to have it destroyed for no gain (it's literally just some walls and storage boxes) felt like a waste of time. I'll come back to the game when things are more balanced cause it is legit fun.

Does that mean my tears have been harvested or something?

You're not a pubbie so your tears dont count.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Snatch has been doing Gods Work hellowning pubbies so hes ok to me

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

Is this the part where you guys open mouth kiss

God I hope so

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

How has anyone not figured out in 2017 yet that the only thing not allowed is goonfucking

except goonfucking is also cool and rad hth

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

t.someone who has apparently been goonfucked a lot

just lmbo

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

The best part of playing with goons is the icy realization from the gullible chode when he comes to grip with the fact that you aren't really friends and are about to gently caress him over. *Que O Fortuna as you level the 200 hour t1 masterpiece*

Why doesn't anyone play with me

This but unironically.

Protip: If you don't want to get hosed over dont built shitshacks and/or be a dumby dumb.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Porkface posted:

Has there been the slightest whiff of a word about increasing the offical server player cap and clan size?

Player cap will get increased when they think the servers are stable enough to support it. No word on clan size tho.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Filipino Freakout posted:

Also someone on the server I'm dinking around with atm is named Taylor Swift so if that's you hey

Nope, not me, but kill them for using our God Queens name in vain.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CoffeeBooze posted:

Arent you just running the thing in WINE?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858035949

It's not as easy as it sounds.

e; also lmbo its Luigi Claims BMW is Admin Abusing 2: Electric Boogaloo

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

Without a doubt, 100%, BMW admin abused on the Rust server. You were proven wrong about this, remember? So I'm at least 50% right.

Ok lmbo got some Alternate Facts ITT

As I "remember" it you made some vague accusations with 0 evidence (sound familiar?) just to stir the poo poo then strutted around like you'd won some battle when the server died after a week of the asspained former owners ddosing us.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CoffeeBooze posted:

All this special stuff you said

It wasn't written for Linux power users :ssh:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

I never strutted or even said anything...I wasn't playing with you all when the server died.

And I did have proof...the admins that were abusing admitting it themselves. Measly admitted he spawned in resources for the huge base, and Cynthia admitted she was farming while invisible. Other times admins were using admin abilities to see where players were when not doing admin poo poo. So uh, who is making poo poo up here?

Im the Chancellor of Germany and have a 40 inch penis.

Oh sorry, I thought we were just saying a bunch of poo poo that wasn't true and had 0 evidence of.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jackard posted:

So if you knew this, why give them a second chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Because it never happened and he just likes stirring the poo poo :ssh:

e; Cynthia flew around once and Luigi saw. She didnt know she wasnt supposed to because shes from Europe. Luigi proceeded to throw a giant pissfit. The End.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

How is Measly admitting to everyone he spawned in resources not proof? I wasn't even the one that brought up that abuse was going on. Someone else did when a giant base appeared out of nowhere. I just backed them up when it was stated because I had seen it first-hand. You jumped down their throats for daring to claim you didn't have complete and utter control of your server because you have some sort of complex. And even though those admins admitted to what they did you STILL can't live it down, apparently.

but wheres the proofs?

GoGoGadget posted:

Dude, really? I never lost poo poo because of admin abuse on either the Rust server or your server. It was during the joint raid on the Acolytes of Ben guys that TT was asking where we all were so he could teleport to us. I would have benefited from him abusing. Get your poo poo straight, friend.

Also who is the nerd that dug through my post history to see I'm AnAngryLuigi? Lmbo

Wasnt hard to remember youre the only pissbitch that cried about Rust admin abuse.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CoffeeBooze posted:

The people who are really enthusiastic about "goon tears" seem to be getting upset about.... goon tears?

This thread really does have it all.

Implying I don't go full mast every time I open this thread :smug:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

And no...I'm not going back months in Discord to find your "proof" (and even got it closed when you doxxed literal children!)
Cool so it doesnt exist just like the Conan drama doesnt exist. tia

GoGoGadget posted:

(and even got it closed when you doxxed literal children!)

Things that didn't happen, unless you mean the griefing thread.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'd like to see this resolved in game Mano e Mano.

same, Luigi vs Kim in honorable combat

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

Yes, you didn't get the Rust thread closed for doxxing, you're right. I misremembered it all along! And then an admin didn't question you about it in the BMW thread afterward! How silly of me! Hm, it's almost as if everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie....

Proofs? I don't recall this lock? I remember FAU being dumb, but not the lock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

You sure love being deliberately obtuse, don't you?

"wanted posters" referred to in the screenshot were the real life pictures you and other BMW members posted on the walls of your base in-game, which got you banned from a server and got the Rust thread shut down for a while. There is your proof. How will you deny it next, Mr. Trump?

I didn't deny it, I just said I didn't remember it.

Also we didn't get banned from that server, the admin just sighed and removed the plugin that allowed us to upload images.

GoGoGadget posted:

Taylor's lies constantly

:ironicat:

• Locked thread