Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

This game looks pretty good and now that you guys have had some time to play it, how is it?

How does it play and feel compared to, say, Ark? In terms of character control, combat, etc.

Also, does anyone know if its going to be moddable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

eonwe posted:

rear end grape spelunking is optional but encouraged

As the voice of "errr wat" in this thread, and being someone with an opinion i trust for some reason i dont even know: is this game worth buying?

Should i cancel my 2-month-out-to-shipping amazon order of a 960 evo m.2 drive i dont really need and get some steam credit to get this?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Nyfrin posted:

There are far worse ways to spend $30. The combat is, well, survival game combat - if you're expecting God of War style fighting, you'll be disapointed. That said, now that the lag is mostly fixed it is certainly challenging, and the game has friendly fire and pretty wide weapon arcs (at least with swords, spears may be better), which means PvP will be hard to mindlessly zerg without killing your own clanmates.

The survival game aspects are 80% of what you'd expect in any survival game - harvesting, building, etc, but it's all done with a bit of polish you wouldn't expect in an early-access game, and Funcom seems to be patching aggressively and fixing problems, so if you like survival games and goofing around with other goons, it's not a bad way to pass the time.

Also, dong sliders and dong physics.

Thanks for the heads up and the info. Exactly what i wanted to hear.

My ssd got pushed back another month and i refuse to wait till april 24th for it. I just got a 500gig sata ssd and that one is good enough for now. So once my steam gift cards are delivered tomorrow (i love same day free delivery. Its nice) ill pick it up.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Is all the crafting in the game so ridiculously slow? I have the speed at 10x and it takes like 10 minutes to craft a course chest piece.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Jackard posted:

Yes, because you have set crafting ten times longer.

Yeah. Realized that. But if your currently crafting an item the slider wont change the speed on that item.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ruggan posted:

Have sex with goons. There. I said it

Have you seen the average goon? Autistic grungy neckbeard describes half the badness that they are. I wouldnt touch another goon with a 20 foot dong slider dong.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

If I paid for an EU server, would there be enough EU goons interesting in joining ?

Dont trust goons. They are a blight upon gaming culture. They dont respect safe spaces as is evident by the constant barrage of goon tea bag pictures all over the place.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

I'm with this forum long enough to know that playing with goons will be an endless result of letdowns. On the positive side it means that nothing is expected from me in return.

Besides: do any of you have customer experience with Hosts Havoc, Survival Servers or Gameservers.com ??

Survivalservers and nitrado are pretty good. Solid customer service and pretty good servers with very few hiccups.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Anyone jave a good explanation of the server ini commands and which ones work?

Trying to change carry weight and cant figure it out as both encumberance commands do squat.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Dean of Swing posted:

In the grim dark future of 2016, castration is the new tea-bagging.

Good to know that the grim dark future is the actually the past.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

I'm a loving idiot....

I trusted the review on Comparegamehosting.com, but now I looked up other sites and it seems Survivalservers.com is one of the worst solutions you can opt for.

Ive used them off and on for the last few years for ark servers and havnt had any real problems.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Anyone know what the config setting is the one to be able to carry more weight? I cant figure it out for the life of me.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I appreciate the link but the server admin doesnt want to mess with mods right now.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

CoffeeBooze posted:

Oh wow, Legendary The Worst Thread poster Tony Montana is now posting in this thread too. This thread is going places and its going to take the game with it. I cant wait.

Hes my favorite poster and you can too!

Is this game good yet?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Yeah, I already ran into an issue where after I would craft something the item bar would gently caress up and get rid of whatever I created. The item didn't drop or return to the inventory, it just straight up disappeared. In a survival game that's pretty bullshit.

I already tried getting a refund through steam, but because I had dicked around for four hours they denied it. Ended up reinstalling it and just messed around with administrative commands for another hour.

I could have used that $23 for a night of all you can eat sushi :(

This continues to prove that only real men survive the wastes. You are not Conan enough.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

The game is dead. Long live ARK.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Pastry Mistakes posted:

How long is this supposed to be in early access?

Longer than ARK.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

This game is dead isnt it?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

7 days to die is a great time even with, like, 5 friends.

This.

My group has been having fun for the last few weeks. Were running valmod though. 5 of us vs the horde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Gay Horney posted:

Will your penis shrink in the cold?? I swear to God if my nipples don't start jutting out below 30 degrees I'm uninstalling

We found the skyrim mod player guys.

• Locked thread