Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gay Horney posted:

I'm sure it would to the guy who wants to "harvest tears" which is the dumbest and most dysfunctional phrase that ever gets uttered in these dumb and dysfunctional forums

it sounds like the survival genre isn't for you friend :wooper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Jackard posted:

The funniest part is how their circlejerk keeps whining about other servers despite the obvious differences in playstyle, they don't really want those players anyways

It's only funny because our only hard and fast DO NOT WANT criteria is to not be an autistic hyper-sensitive sperg (and people who leave doors open ffs)

and it seems like more unworthy acolytes oust themselves constantly in this great, :five: thread.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Jackard posted:

Oh? That's a bit rich coming from you, isn't it?

spending 90% of your time herding goons around in games does make one pretty autistic

Yet the difference between you and I is I'm good at it. :wooper:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 20, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CoffeeBooze posted:

Arent you that j4g Eve "diplomat" who threw a tantrum in the ArchAge thread because you got banned from the Star Citizen Goons thing?

no

i was that guy who banned a pedophile from the ArcheAge guild and got a lot of their EVE friends really mad though

also are there people that actually use j4g un-ironically still

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 21, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CoffeeBooze posted:

I dunno man, for someone who rants about goon tears you sure did leave a mountain of salt in that thread.

yeah man I guess telling the truth = salt

i was going to post some things correcting you but you seem kind of like an idiot and this is probably the most :shrek: thread derail ever so you should log out and stop posting forever TIA. :wooper:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

30.5 Days posted:

Tonight I found out that avatar alerts are not server wide. Rip my base.

I'll actually report that as a bug to dev chat, since it's supposed to be server wide and the graphic is supposed to be seen from REALLY far away.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Inkel posted:

Yeah I'm not sure I ever pointed it out directly but when you guys destroyed our base on Dongful with Set, we never saw a summon message even though I did see it on your guy's screen watching the Twitch recording. The first I knew Set had been summoned was when he busted through our autism pyramid and ate me.

I know it was pretty awful probably, but it had to have been kind of cool to see it from that angle.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rhymenoserous posted:

I wish I had seen it. I had booked it inside to destroy the bridge (which ended up not mattering because someone built a jumpable thing that they shouldn't have) so all I heard was *hiss hiss hiss* as I ran inside to armor up and fight.

Yeah, it was a half railing that crossed with another one that allowed us to leap across, but that melee we had in the courtyard was fun, I think at one point we were down to 2 guys defending trying to hold waiting for the others to run back from our raid base. The snake hitbox is huge because it crushed and killed a bunch of us just slithering by into the base.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 21, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Glenn Quebec posted:

Why is anybody playing on official servers. Like, they loving suck.

b b b b b because pubbies

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Tony Montana posted:

Hi Goons!

Now, Taylor Swift and a bunch of other complete fuckwits shitted up the Rust thread with their private server bullshit. I'm sure they're here to do it again!

So remember, gently caress those guys and just play the drat game. Come here to talk about it. Don't play with a bunch of dickheads if you don't want to!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:smuggo:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Snatch Duster posted:

Uh no? The game is very early accessie. The only counters in the game to mesa bases are gods and exsplosive jar rock climbing, which both are easy to get. Once you and your guys hit 50 there isn't much holding you back from wrecking any fort.

Which at that point you realize you don't need a base or fort. Just Set shrines and t2/t3 thrall pits where ever you plan on farming/raiding. Once you're 50 you are free from the need of a base.

why didn't funcom balance it properly

why aren't all the key functions in place yet

it's almost like the game is still in active development and things will be added and streamlined as they go along

super weird, the store page should have indicated the unfinished status of the game, i wonder why they didn't do that :iiam:

if only we had some warning that we were accessing an unfinished game early :magical:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 27, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Snatch Duster posted:

I am saying how you can play the game for max griefing. Lmao you all are retarded.

You know what a retard really does? Cries about griefing. :wooper:

Honestly what other reason is there to play lovely games like this?

Oh boy, my friends and I are harvesting bugs in the woods together, better watch those kCals/hour, oh boy, my naked friends and I are going down to the river to fill our water jugs, because we're thirsty,

oh boy, my friends and I are building giant autism forts because you know, reasons

If I wanted to play Hyborean/Ukrainian/Rusty/Generic Forest Dwelling Construction Worker Online, I'd move to eastern Europe.

Taking advantage of other people's sunk cost fallacy and robbing them of their time and effort is what keeps games like this going and popular. What do you really want, some kind of sandbox survival Geneva Convention?

Fail that I guess you can just server hop until you find people who won't be mean to you though, eh? :smuggo:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 27, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Snatch Duster posted:

Lmao you still salty that goons don't play on your server. Hahahaha stop with your lovely pointless drama kimsemus and go play eve.

Edit: forgot, nice meltdown.

Says the guy who had a meltdown and ragequit the goon server, and REEEEEed in Discord for hours all because someone came and knocked down his t1 pillars :smuggo:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Inzombiac posted:

This thread is bad because it's making me side with Snatch Duster.

I just feel like in a sandbox, people should just play the game how they want. I don't ever think there is a "wrong" way to play an open sandbox game so long as it's within the defined parameters of that sandbox.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gay Horney posted:

LOL "why won't you autists just let me kick over your sand castles! why won't anyone play with me?" gently caress off dude lol.

I suppose what I don't understand is that in a sandbox, you can do the same thing to me that I can do for you, but I don't get upset about it, because turnabout is fair play.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
:stonklol: TFW when aggrieved goons always call something goonfucking in open PVP games when they're playing in a completely separate group of goons and not coordinating with others.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Taylor Swift posted:

This but unironically.

Protip: If you don't want to get hosed over join BMW

fix't :wooper:

CoffeeBooze posted:

Dude, you went bat poo poo in the Arch Age thread and claimed there was a Conspiracy of Goons™ trying to keep you out of Star Citizen. A fake video game which you wasted far, far too much money on. You really dont have a lot of room to talk here.

TBH spending money to cover my fake video game house with a bunch of art was kind of worth it

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gay Horney posted:

There's no charge attacks or magic or anything yet so really it's more left click attack right click block. It's serviceable and I don't hate it but it is a means to an end and not something I particularly love about the game

almost every weapon except the basic sword has a charge/power/alternate attack.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Filipino Freakout posted:

Also someone on the server I'm dinking around with atm is named Taylor Swift so if that's you hey

:ohdear:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadget posted:

To add to this, I don't know how wide-spread it was, but I imagine part of the reason they had the Discord channel locked was because of abuse. One time I was pulled into the channel TT (the server owner) was asking other BMW members where they were so he could teleport to them for a raid.

The Discord channels are locked based on server roles. The simple reason, like any survival game, was to delineate different groups which is why the conan groups had 5-6 roles added for different groups on the server. This was done pretty much as soon as different goon groups emerged. It's a farce to think that somehow there was only BMW in one base and all the goons in another. We had to add a bunch of channels and roles for different groups of goons on day one.

Besides that, to address your poor attempt at poo poo stirring, there is no command for an admin to teleport to another player in the game, and no rcon. Further, admin accounts have to be manually logged in separately when you are on the server and it sends a server wide notification every time a command is used. If you were being factual and fair you would know this because when I had to delete bases that were stopping NPC spawns at the request of players constantly, I had to have them draw me a general marker on a map and I had to walk there. The alleged workarounds by manually teleporting to XYZ coordinates don't work either, so yeah.

I mean don't take my word for it -- feel free to look up the command limitations yourself: ( http://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Admin_Commands ). But don't make yourself look like an rear end in a top hat by blatantly lying about something because you feel like bandwagoning.

PS: The original goon base in the 2 day headstart wasn't raided by BMW, it was raided by Orv, who is just a regular goon. One person. BMW didn't begin raiding at all until about a week in. Orv was really vocal and open about that to Duster and others so I don't know how it got confused that BMW did anything to anyone. :shrug:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 1, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CoffeeBooze posted:

Wasnt your server running a few mods?

Anyway this whole thing would be much more interesting with logs. Im sure if someone provided logs that would clear this all up.

No. Because the SDK was released after all this and the workshop still doesn't work for publishing and applying them. The only thing we developed by hand were the detailed procedures which allowed us and other people to run servers on their Linux boxes worldwide despite FunCom's attempt at control, because we're terrible people or whatever I guess.

You can also simply search on the BMW Discord and search for posts by Orv. The servers keep poo poo logs because FunCom's server support is absolutely terrible, as indicated by the terrible problems even with officials.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 1, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Glenn Quebec posted:

So why haven't you guys built an arena for glorious honor in single combat in lieu of the slap fight in here? (Or both)

Luigi (GoGoGadget) would just lose and complain about admin abuse.

Again. :smuggo:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadget posted:

I was phone posting earlier so I didn't address this as much as I should. One, admins can teleport to coordinates. You did it for me when I was telling you about a foundation blocking an NPC camp and gave you the coordinates from ToggleDebugHUD. Two, it is well known that admin commands in Conan Exiles do not give a server message - it's often complained about, too! That is a flat-out lie. I don't see why, believing yourself to be in the right here, you have to make poo poo up that is easily seen as wrong.

Spoken like someone who has never had to use the admin panel. And TT didn't actually teleport to us or get teleported either, how weird is that? :v:

Also your feigned outrage sure didn't stop you from actively participating in our raid and helping us blow into your neighbors base so you could take all their poo poo did it? :smuggo:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadget posted:

I know he didn't, that's why I didn't say anything. I merely stated that this implied he had no qualms about abusing. Then you and Taylor flipped out. Hell, I even defended you when the dudes we raided accused you of admin abusing - because I knew you weren't.

Oh neat, so given the one opportunity you were privvy to the potential for admin abuse you took note that none occurred, and yet you gaslit the thread anyway with your commentary that that was likely why we were always in a locked channel.

You're an idiot.

IMO the only reason this thread shouldn't be gassed is because it's easier and more fun to grief you than anyone in game atm :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Taylor Swift posted:

Not the first time he's done it either :smug:

:pusheen:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I for one already feel like I got my money's worth. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
lol you can no longer cheese into bases by jumping on top of explosive jars :v:

raiding is now even more impossible than ever. :wooper:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
TBH they should wipe every patch that mechanically/substantially changes mechanics that deal with the way players interact. If anyone cries about it point to the Early Access tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Comrayn posted:

That sounds boring as poo poo I'll pass

But you played Albion, so. :wooper:

• Locked thread