Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Bajaj posted:

The is kawaii

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=Mz...5208d2dc676e44&

Can't wait to see all that not-training and flaccid bones pay off.

What are the odda that someone heard national geographic did this and wanted to copy / do one better than NatGeo? Also I don't think the silk road was, like, a coherent set road but a series of spots known for selling poo poo at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/china-space-station-1.4684363?cmp=rss

quote:

Chinese astronauts Jing Haipeng (L) and Chen Dong wave in front of a Chinese national flag before the launch of Shenzhou-11 manned spacecraft, in Jiuquan, China, October 17, 2016. China is inviting all UN states to cooperate with it to use its future space station. (Stringer/Reuters)

China announced Monday that all member states of the United Nations (UN) will be welcome to cooperate with China to jointly utilize its future China Space Station.

A ceremony took place in Vienna during which Shi Zhongjun, China's Ambassador to the UN, made the announcement amid other international organizations and leaders in Vienna.

According to Shi, the cooperation between China and the other countries on the space station will be open and inclusive.

"Firstly, the cooperation will be open to all countries, regardless of their capabilities in outer space exploration," he said. "Secondly, it will be very inclusive, embracing governments, international organizations, private entities and research institutes and it will be carried out through the use of various means."
A model of a space station from China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation is displayed at China Beijing International High-tech Expo in Beijing, China June 8, 2017. China plans to have a new space station in operation by 2022. (Jason Lee/Reuters)

The space station, which is expected to go in operation by 2022, will be the world's first space station that is developed by a developing country and open for cooperation with all UN member states.

The announcement was received with sweeping applause at the ceremony, especially from representatives of other developing countries.

"I think it's very generous of China to offer space technology for other countries," said Priyanee Wijesekera, a representative of Sri Lanka to the UN. "China has been a good friend of Sri Lanka for the past 70 years. So I'm sure we will be making use of it, because Sri Lanka itself cannot afford space technology, but there's so much benefit that we can get."

Simonetta Di Pippo, the director of the UN Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA), welcomed China's move and said that the country was ready to share its "state of the art space program," which is, "one of the most holistic and technologically advanced in the world."

In 2016, the United Nations, represented by UNOOSA, confirmed its partnership with the China Manned Space Agency (CMSA) by signing a Memorandum of Understanding to allow "Access to Space" to all UN member states, developing countries in particular, to address all 17 Sustainable Development Goals by jointly utilizing the China Space Station.

Following Monday's announcement, UNOOSA extended official letters to all Permanent Missions in Vienna and New York as well as the offices of the United Nations Development Program, kicking off a three-month application period for public organizations, industries and private sector organizations with a scientific orientation.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Grains are literally poison and will Kill You.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I'm having flashbacks to the 'China's most famous big butt girl' and she also has no butt. She also tended to have comic book levels of back breaking poses to show off the rump area.

I guess in China that is PAWG levels of rear end. Not enough for me tho.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

caberham posted:

. peanut butter cups

Please do not mentioned the cursed food in any of its forms itt. It is upsetting viscerally me. Thank you.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

What's the projected death toll when that thing breaks, I wonder?

None. Death by Dam Failure is a Capitalist disease and does not exist in China. Much like when trains derail and hundreds are injured.

*immediately calls off search and rescue after 1-2 days and starts shoveling dirt over survivors*

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I think the man in the middle is plucking leaves off the bush. I'm not sure why.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Multiple fucks and what's dead on arrival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

In Japan [aka Glorious Nippon] the train station masters apology publicly if a train is merely minutes late. I can only imagine that in Taiwan [aka Best Independent Country that is Number #1] the train station masters are body slamming their way to their earths core in apology.

• Locked thread