Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm still offended no student has tried to bribe me.

'Offended'

Have you tried dropping some subtle hints?

"Well, you're probably going to fail, it's a pity you can't just pay a fine to bump your numbers"

"I'm sure there's something you could give me if I gave you a pass"

"What are you willing to do to pass this class?" *Funky baseline pours out of nowhere. The student's eyes open wider as Grand Fromage slowly unzips a bag with dollar signs drawn on with sharpie"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Pirate Radar posted:

I think at one point he was at least trying to get Taiwanese citizenship and cancel his UK citizenship so that he couldn’t be deported but I don’t know if that worked

The UK really loves exiling its undesirables.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Jeoh posted:

ok goons stop loving around in the POTUS CYOA thread

CYOA goons can be hosed up wierdos with no sense of morality or forward planning but there's no way any amount of deliberate thought could result in what this dumbass is doing. The small blip skating on the far reaches of the probability bell curve.

Wait, this isn't the Trump thread.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Power Khan posted:

Repost the gif of the guy throwing a lit match into a sewer and being blown up.

Can't you just flush it a few extra times? I am. Not a plumber.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blistex posted:

Teaching English in China is not a way to make money if you are working at a private kindergarten, a public school, or even a university (although the latter is better obviously). The under-the-table tutoring though can net you some impressive cash if you know how to go about it and can find a rich person or their kid to talk slowly to. Here are the rates that I remember back in 2009/10 for private classes. (cut rates by nearly half if you are not white)

No degree: $20-50 an hour.
BA degree: $40-60 an hour.
Masters degree: $60-80 an hour.
MBA degree: up to $100 an hour. (if you can swing bigwigs who want to improve their English before going to the west)

Does that $100 an hour rate still apply if I got my MBA/PhD of English Teaching from The University of Google Search 'PhD certificate' Right Click Copy Open Microsoft Word Paste Insert Name Export .pdf?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I only ask about MS Word education certs because I've printed off 'doctors prescriptions' in sketchy areas of sketchy countries when I knew exactly what anti malaria drugs I needed and didn't want to deal with doctor bullshit. I can't see a lot of clients really wanting to call a random university in Australia/Canada to confirm, and it wouldn't be hard to put in a fake number/email address for you friend to answer.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
It's pretty hard to differentiate between criticizing another culture and racism, but if he had different things to say about Chinese than Japanese it kinda suggests that he wasn't just a 'lol, Asians ar dum!' racist.

'Australians are generally loud drunk ignorant fuckwits' is an opinion if I'm white but racist if I'm not?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bajaj posted:

That would be the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals. She's a wonderful friend, but we are both smart enough to recognize how fast that would crash if we had to spend every day together.

Seperate apartments, seperate lives, three nights a week together on a permanent probationary period.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Cry Havoc posted:

it doesn’t give you more options to wok with

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com