Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Bajaj posted:

This is still in my "watch later" section on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrJlwBkFAHw

this man is happier and more successful in life than anyone posting on these gay dead forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

English teachers, how many of your students have undiagnosed special needs?

How many of the teachers?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Sorry i didnt read the 500 posts I missed, i want to pose a quiz to you.

Please enter your answer for if you think a global chinese state owned company has done anything, or even cares, about GDPR, go ahead, make a wild guess :allears:

Wechat gave me new privacy policies so there's one.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

ok goons stop loving around in the POTUS CYOA thread

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Traditional Chinese Mutilation

No that's the foot binding not foot cutting.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

What's the best way to pay for things in China as a visitor from the US? I used all cash last time but my wife says most vendors have switched to WeChat. My WeChat account is US based so I can't use WeChat Pay. What's my alternative? Alipay? Just buy a burner phone to use for buying poo poo?

I added my credit card and verified my ID and I was able to use WeChat Pay just fine. Finally got to use all those lunar new year hongbaos to pay for food poisoning.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Fojar38 posted:

This is to counterbalance the D&D thread where the Tienanmen Massacre was hard men making hard choices

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/03/world/asia/tiananmen-square-25-years-later-details-emerge-of-armys-chaos.html

this is a good insight

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

So you just get a fake university degree from a service that also provides phone call services. It's not like they're not around in China.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Imperialist Dog posted:

Hong Kong localist leader Edward Leung got sentenced to 6 years in jail for participating in the Mong Kok riots, which if you recall, were about traditional street hawkers having their wares confiscated during the Chinese New Year. For perspective, during the actual 1967 riots, a man who was found to be carrying two live grenades from over the border was only sentenced to 4 years.

That's just inflation.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

does it count as ~potty trained~ if it still presses submit reply after letting it rip

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

https://i.imgur.com/MVaQcE8.gifv
There is apparently a trike under there

The only safe way to cycle in China.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Power Khan posted:

I don't know if you ever did the math behind human ancestry, but cousinfucking is a mainstay of it, only up until quite recently. There's quite literally tens of thousands years of that. Lol.

It's only a problem if you do it too often, like in Iceland. That's why they have stuff like this.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Disregard China, acquire page 888 post

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

dick cancer makes it grow bigger, do you know

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Koreans still living their daily lives like they're about to get overrun by the norks

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Ziv Zulander posted:

China is a part of Taiwan

taiwan is hong kong territory

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Coolguye posted:

he goes out of his way to talk about the CCP being poo poo and that's the primary reason society is poo poo, rather than the Chinese just being orcs.

cool racism buddy

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

caberham posted:

Shenzhen is chatoic :laffo: If he was in Harbin, northern China, or even Beijing he would have cracked ages ago. When it comes to everyday life and dealing with bureaucratic bullshit, Shenzhen and Shanghai is nothing. Heck China changes so fast every 5 years, you can see it in the younger generation. The rapid urbanization going on in China is insane. Small quality of life things - younger people actually wear head phones, people don't litter as much (still a big problem), they line up, subways etiquette and even freaking escalator etiquette. But because the population is so big, it's still super easy to see that nongs being nongs or your blue collar diao-si being dumb.

I used to hate Shenzhen, there are still parts of Shenzhen like the luohu border should be glassed and placed a lot of blames to the party. But I have seen over my life time the city improving - not because of the one party system but actually enforcing regulation, laws and bureaucracy. Funny enough each time I'm in Shenzhen with Fart simpson life is actually pretty laid back and chill. We don't see crazy Chinese uncles, crazy expat ranter, or all the China meme poo poo at all. However, when there's another friend with us we easily witness the terrible side of everyday China life - white expat sexual harassment and drunken douchebags, bitter uncles, street pissing, bad traffic accidents, the works.

Quackery also exists among the Chinese in the commonwealth, Hong Kong, Singapore, Traditional Korean Medicine, and Japan where it's called Han Medicine. Oh and it's also quite common in Taiwan, the bastion of anti-CCP where people believe hot water good for healthy. Japan and Korea gets a pass because they actually like having ice cold water. Singapore and Hong Kong still heavily fund TCM :suicide: It's more of an ignorant older generation thing, and yes CCP did stir the poo poo pot quite a bit. They get credit, but not all of it.

A lot of his criticisms is just so broad and so basic I just roll my eyes. It's as reductionist as Haier's FACE CULTURE IS POISON that makes me groan. Or like a taxi driver complaining. Not standing in line (which is actually changing for the past 15 years, it's still there but not as bad) a CCP related thing? Go to South East Asia and Africa :fuckoff:

For instance, Governments in China are corrupt and inept because the selection process is weak, opaque, the pay is extremely low so they need corruption to survive - and the CCP is being poo poo for that is a much better and convincing point than just "boogey man CCP". Yes we know it's bad (that's a given), but we should know how, why, and which areas are bad. Because we all know, the government in China is bloated as heck, pays poo poo, is sometimes super efficient and deadly and lethal, yet at other times can Cha Bu Duo through life. Even when MSS reads all your posts and records, they are unrefined brutes doing documentation. An extremely annoying reality of life people in China live through is that we know the government can solve a lot of petty crime and everyday issues, but choose not to out of laziness and contempt.

The unspoken contract is that the government should and would reform day to day inane operations and maintain economic illusion stability. Man putting these few paragraphs is taking me forever :smith:

nice whataboutism

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

caberham posted:

Thanks, buy me dinner pls! It's more than wumao

nice wumaoboutism

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

dog people will regularly go outside, cat people are dungeon dwellers like myself

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

BrainDance posted:

I just assumed they were normal pets in China. I haven't seen any wild ones to catch. Though I've only really been around Zhengzhou, Luoyang and Kaifeng, maybe there aren't many wild squirrels here?

HENAAAAAAAAAN

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Power Khan posted:

Squirrels are carriers of the black plague. I hope that helps.

Buy more

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

They're also the most happy nation, so I guess racism works.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

those rumors have been around for weeks because he wasn't on the front page of people's daily a few times lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

australia is a racist shithole, hope this helps

• Locked thread