Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The Great Autismo! posted:

am I the only one who unironically likes FBR and appreciates him posting itt?

No I'm glad there's someone saying that not all Chinese are literally incapable of critical thought and creativity, except when it comes to earning money and saving face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

they are just nodding their heads and just guessing what i'm saying correctly for the past few years

i wouldn't dismiss this so quickly

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Haier posted:

Afterwards, she saw my vape stick and said she used to be a smoker before and wanted to try it. She hogged it the rest of the night and she was puffing so hard that I thought a fedora would materialize over her head like a divine halo.

10/10

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

It's weird that Sun Yat San is pretty well liked by both the ROC and the PRC.

yeah really weird how the figurehead of overthrowing the monarchy isn't hated by two republican nations

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

why would you sell plastic rice when it's way more expensive to produce than regular lovely rice?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f18121c5942896d3a87491249&id=129e1fe116&e=c1d4c43121

For all three posters here seriously interested in China, here's the latest issue of Sinocism. Truly this will be the Chinese century.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

they speak french in haiti, buddy

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i don't think this is in china. for one, everyone is going the same way

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

fish and chips and dip posted:

I loving hate people who broadcast their lovely dramas so the whole train or bus can hear. I guess I should admire their saving skills to save those 15rmb ear phones cost, my my.

ear phones are bad for healthy, they keep the heat inside the body, you cannot have the fresh air go inside the head

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Chinese dudes smoke so much I don't know if it matters for them, anyway.

smoking is healthier than the outside air in china, cause at least cigarettes have a filter

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

http://www.wsj.com/articles/china-discovers-the-price-of-global-power-soldiers-returning-in-caskets-1479250248

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

nickmeister posted:

Is there another article discussing the same incident? or could you give us the juicy details? How did Chinese soldiers get into a firefight in Sudan? Did they try to keep blacks from buying a bubble tea at a "Chinese and Whites only" diner?

you could try scrolling down

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

nickmeister posted:

It's behind a paywall.

WSJ lifehack: Google the article name and you'll get the full article

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

do the inscrutable orientals not have autocorrect or something

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah alcohol definitely reveals a lot more English, but if you're not willing to speak then there's no practical difference between that and not knowing the language, IMO.

So you should get the students drunk before English class?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

china is bad, imo

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

still ain't got poo poo on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS_Adema_149%E2%80%930_SO_l%27Emyrne

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

nickmeister posted:

Okay the motorcycle guys did a video on drug abuse in China. The South African guy has some seriously idiotic opions on drugs and some strange misconceptions about how drug use is handled in the United States:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsxVGO87H-g

He seems to be under the impression that America "coddles" drug addicts because he heard a radio advertisement to get help for drug addiction. He mentions news broadcasts in China where they show police doing drug raids (as if that doesn't happen in America ten times more). His friend thinks life in America is "comfy." Well, maybe it is for HIM. God, these people are so loving stupid.

South Africans having terrible opinions? You don't say...

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Dicky mouse posted:

Yes Donald do it DO IT!

TAKE THE FACE DONALD TAKE ALL THE FACE

You've been unpresidented

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Blistex posted:

That poor drone, being towed back to the mainland. I can imagine what its sensors are saying.

"*WARNING*WARNING* - Diarrhoea and gutter oil PPM passing dangerous levels" <still 1500 kms from mainland>

that's actually from india

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

JaucheCharly posted:

That's some fake poo poo from /pol, but could be very well true.

yeah it's actually the 2004 tsunami, but like trump and china i don't let facts stand in the way of making a point

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

that's just really efficient use of the road

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

pro-tip: if you're going to live in China, don't

my friend, i have fixed your post for you

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

this thread is now about Imperialist Dog's glorious moustache :swoon:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

carbon monoxide really helps people fall asleep

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbBKPqOh6DU

reminder that this is a Thing that was actually produced

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Haier posted:

Kinda on topic:

not all white people are americans obsessed with their ancestors!!!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

My wife and I were in Hartford and we saw an Asian man snow blowing his driveway and my wife asked if we could go and watch him, because she had never seen a snowblower. So we did, and he came over and talk to us for a few minutes, and was super nice. Then we left, and while we were leaving my wife asked me "where is he from?" And I responded I have no idea, and my wife asked me if we could go back and ask him, and I said no, and she said why not? And I tried to explain to her how offensive this could be in the United States, and she was like who cares? And I was like yeah I know it's kind of dumb

I am p sure he was Chinese

i'm pretty sure he was japanese as he didn't just pour hot water over the snow, as is tradition in china and korea

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Sichuanese is supposed to be a lot better balanced than the barbarians from Hunan, but these days everyone thinks that Sichuanese food = eat the chilies and nothing else.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Imperialist Dog posted:

Why the gently caress did I glance at the Chinese news before bed?

First the absurd

http://m.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2058885/one-killed-seven-hurt-after-public-toilet-explodes-and-collapses

Then came the infuriation with Chinese characteristics. Read the part about the bastard grandfather. Christ.

http://m.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2054421/chinese-girl-9-and-toddler-twins-left-homeless-after-parents-and

It's like closing your eyes and yelling "You can't see me!".

Kill all old people

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Wealth beyond measure.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i think mao was 70% bad, 30% bad

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the only thing worse than mao is korea

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Potrzebie posted:

I too want my kids to suffer TBI rather than bother with helmets.

helmets are for american lycra warrior pussies

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I saw number one in that trilogy

i laughed once the entire time. it was a very bad movie

they made a movie of your posts?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

He's got some really fresh ideas for Journey to the West and Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Journey to the Northeast, where Sun Wukong travels to Manchuria to beat up some Japanese devils.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

if you want to feel the depression of the cultural revolution in kinda real-time, follow https://twitter.com/GPCR50

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Evil Agita posted:

A beijingers idea of fruit salad. As a Hawaiian can I just say wtf

Tomato? Check
Weird mayo-based sauce? Check
Mostly cucumber? Hell yeah

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

visiting the jeju international airport was an eye-opener for me. i had never had direct experiences with the mainlander swarm before until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

It's not gay, it's Korean culture, please respect it.

• Locked thread