Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

The Great Autismo! posted:

a guy i work with went home a few weeks ago and heard a cat in his stairwell that i guess had wandered up to his floor? or someone had left it there? i dunno, he lives on the 50th story, no idea how it got there. he loves cats, he has two, and while it was meow-ing in the hallway a guy from his floor came out, picked up the cat, and threw it out the window of their hallway.

can't imagine the cat made it after falling 50 stories, the guy was crushed at work the next day.

The cat probably survived, cats reach terminal velocity pretty quick, and theirs is approx. 60 mph versus the 120 or so a human would reach. Survival rates are also really good the higher up a cat is, because it gives them more time to right themselves and spread their limbs out, etc.

Can't blame the guy from being bummed, though, it's a hell of a thing to do to an animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Ceciltron posted:

Marketplace, a show that does investigative journalism here in Canada on the CBC, just aired an episode on toxic children's jewelry from China. Lead in costume jewelry was only "limited" by health Canada after a scandal in the early 2000s, so what do the Chinese factories make the stuff out of now?

Cadmium. It's all made of Cadmium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=208-irQ1Yus

Here's the show. It's pretty shocking.

Decided to look up cadmium and found this gem about product recalls:

"In June 2010, McDonald's voluntarily recalled more than 12 million promotional "Shrek Forever After 3D" Collectable Drinking Glasses because of the cadmium levels in paint pigments on the glassware."

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

LAN: Your City Sucks - Regional Discussion › Not to mention death to those with alergy to peanuts

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

This is gold

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

China produces world's largest soup bowl / skate park.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

China invents world's largest sound stage for their Mars landing.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

oohhboy posted:

It's called having history.

About how much history would you say they have? Could you quantify it in years?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

ladron posted:

Mine is an Asian girl with an Irish accent that I met in Spain

There's a Scottish-born Asian customer that comes into my store from time to time, and I could listen to her talk for hours.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Haier posted:

Amazing poo poo

Can't wait for the trip report.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I thought the mascot was the lecher Rene Chang?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Ceciltron posted:

Haier I am worried about your health though, because TGM, Traditional Goon Medicine, suggests that your dick may fall off from overuse. I prescribe to you 2 printer-carries a day, up at least 2 storeys. This will help you de-exert your penis and restore lethargy to your genital, which is overactive.

He is just too hot. His penis must release heat, do you know?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I'm the girls in the back who don't give a poo poo about Eggwoman

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I wonder what Rene Chang has to say about Trump's victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I'm betting he'll ruin trifle for me next.

• Locked thread