Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So this is the new china thread. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
And 9 flavors.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jeoh posted:

yeah was about to post this, the higher you get the better the cat gets at surviving.

That's not true at all, but you're an idiot so I doubt you've tried to analyze the logic of that statement for even a second.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jeoh posted:

every time you post i hope someone drops you from 50 floors

That's why you will spend your life in impotence wishing things will be better while never actively taking a part it making them better.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I read a paper about the Chinese investing in thorium fission research. What happened with that? Seems like a good idea.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, tell us more about the chinese 4's you have no chance with.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Haier posted:

Well, I don't mess with married women, so please tell your mom to stop messaging me.

Woah, I hope you didn't stay up late working on that one.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Haier posted:

A maladjusted ABC angrily posting in a China thread :monocle:

I'm not Asian you moron. I'm certainly not Chinese. I mean maybe in my genetic history. My forefathers got around.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

Can someone explain why this racist guy isn't banned?

I hope he's never banned. I like when he says dumb poo poo so I get to make fun of him for it. Why would I want that to stop?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

Oh sorry I think I just confused the mentally ill epic-re-reg guy with the off-hand-racist-against-chinese guy

Epic take down from the famed "satanic splash-back" with the Drew Barrymore AV.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Are you babies still loving crying? Jesus Christ.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sound posted:

distasteful isn't the same thing as racist, sorry you have to seek out being offended just to feel something

is there a derogatory term for people like you I should be using? Seems like there should be.

You could just call him a friend of the family like you so desperately want to.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm really bored because I finished my work early this week. Need to kill time somehow.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/sep/24/where-will-the-out-of-control-chinese-space-station-land-tiangong-1

so does anyone really believe they don't know where the chinese space station is rather than the chinese just aren't telling people?

According to most projections the majority of it will burn up in the atmosphere regardless and what does return to earth is not a statistically significant threat. Don't let that get in the way of a shittily written popsci article though.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fojar38 posted:

lol what the gently caress does "supercomputer powering a radio telescope" even mean

Computers run telescopes. It's not that hard. They're not telescopes that you look through; they pick up radio waves or cosmic noise from outer space. It's all the purple LED poo poo you need to be asking questions about. What the gently caress is up with that poo poo?

Falun Bong Refugee fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 26, 2016

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The Chinese version of Goldeneye will not be as cool, that's for sure.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Neurion posted:

China produces world's largest soup bowl / skate park.

Gonna have to pass on that soup.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ceciltron posted:

Mmmmm street milk.

I don't know if you're joking but that would be loving awesome.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's nice to see you guys branching out and stereotyping Israelis and Thai people as well.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

Great, so now aussies, brits, and americans are the worst. Canada forgotten again. :canada:

Nobody thinks Canadians are the worst at anything.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

MyronMulch posted:

Taiwan is Japan with Chinese characteristics.

It's Japan but actually cool and fun.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at the idea that any of you have a portfolio, much less micromanage it to the extent that you would actualize on this news.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Thaumaturgic posted:

I lived in San Francisco for two years near a church that would hand out free food to the needy every month or so and I never saw anyone ever than elderly Asian people in line. They would line up all the way down the block hours before the church opened with those patented old lady folding shopping carts. One day I was running late and actually saw what they were handing out and it was basically a single small grocery bag with a head of lettuce and maybe 2-3 cans of beans. Hundreds of people would line up for hours, sometimes in the rain to get maybe 5$ of free food

Those stupid hungry motherfuckers trying to get food. Hahaha. What loving losers.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fauxtool posted:

comments about it saying he is fake throwing a tantrum to show her how up before she can throw hers. I dont know if i believe that.

That seems to connect the dots.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
That's one tough scooter.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

The thing about actual racism in America is that some of it is from minorities on other minorities and you get a discount on the national racometer for that because it's a part of their culture and therefore you should respect it.

If it weren't for the first/second gen Asian populations, the trodden upon Italianos, and the proud Puerto Ricans I don't know if I would have ever heard the word "friend of the family" in NYC, outside of hip hop or rap lyrics I mean.

E: And I suppose the occasional Florida/Israel sourced Jewish person

Are you black? If yes then you would have heard the word friend of the family a lot regardless of where you live.

If you're white then shut the gently caress up.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jeoh posted:

a lot of white people here talking about how racism isn't a problem, hmmmm

The last time I called out the inherent racism in this thread they probed me for it. Let's see how it works out this time.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Third World Reggin posted:

You cry chicken a lot which means when it actually comes up it is harder to take you seriously.

It's called crying wolf dummy. It's hard to take you seriously when you don't understand the words you use.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

You didn't get probated for "calling out racism" you got probated for being a howling goon.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry to malign your expertise on racism in America garnered(that could be a pun) as a white person living in NYC for a year.

Edit: In case you nerds don't know, Eric Garner was a black man murdered by white police for the crime of standing while black on the sidewalk in NYC.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Third World Reggin posted:

crying wolf makes sense, which you rarely do

Big words are hard, I feel you. Just keep with the hooked on phonics and you'll make it eventually.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

oohhboy posted:

You are a broken smoke alarm that needs it's battery pulled and thrown out. Leave FBR, you're acting Chinese.

Or what, you will cry about it more?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

nong posted:

You seem to be pretty racist for even noticing these normal behaviors of human nature's curiosity, kindness in greeting you with their own way and the fact that you might be sexist in seeing woman as weak and need a man's help.

Just stay out of the country if you see all the above as a negative instead of a country that's changing and improving itself after so many foreign powers ravaged it in recent time.

But of course you are going to stay while taking advantage of the place and milking for all its worth like many others have done.

He's running off to the Glorious Nippon.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

You're not a bad guy FBR but you're reading a joke I wrote as though it was a political manifesto and I'm having a hard time not making fun of you for it.

Nobody who has actually read your post history will believe that weak attempt to backpedal.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

If anyone believes I'm a genuine racist they're an irredeemable moron.

You're the liberal condescending type of racist.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

I kind of have a real question for you guys. So, my HK counterpart always asked if I'd like to work in HK or see HK, etc. Etc. I always said yes and that it sounds like a very cool place because I try to be polite at work. I got an e-mail from her with her bosses boss loving CC'd on it that's basically like, "oh yeah here is the candidate I spoke about and highly recommended to work here." It's completely insane, everyone knows I have a son and a wife and that moving internationally is just not even a reality among a thousand other reasons.

I don't even know what I would do there since she is my direct counterpart and does what I do. I would be redundant as hell. But seriously, how do respond to this without offending? My colleagues here in NY are like, just tell her no. And shrug, but if this chick decides to become difficult, non communicative and lovely with me --- my work life will become really awful since I rely on her heavily for HK stuff. She always pulls this poo poo, invites me to meetings I don't need to be a part of, especially with the time difference and then I have to show or otherwise she loses face because her foreigner counterpart doesn't respect her to show. Aughhh

Just tell her you have a wife and kid and you can't relocate across the goddamn planet. They're not mentally disabled. You can talk to them like normal people.

Falun Bong Refugee fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 16, 2016

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"I ever tell you about..." is pretty common though.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"Did I ever tell you about... " "Have I ever told you about..." The first word is dropped when it's spoken colloquially.

Haven't you guys ever played never have I ever?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

"Did I ever tell you about" is fine but if you meet someone that says "I ever tell you about" you're probably at a Nascar rally.

No, not really.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Haier posted:

This explains it perfectly. They very often mix it up with "never" and "even" on top if it. You'll hear "He was sick, he ever went to the hospital," and then you have to clarify if they meant another word. You get conversations like "I ever ate pizza," and then you ask them if they meant "never" or if they did eat pizza before and they keep say "ever" and then you give up. Many times they do mean "never," but don't realize that "ever" is not a contracted form of the word. Other times it's a complete unknown.

Maybe you're just terrible at explaining poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Got it all figured out.

• Locked thread