Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

So, she wants to gently caress an older guy? I really fail to see it.

I think it's more about the exploitative sex tourism and misogyny than anything specific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

I think if people didn't want to have weird random foreigner sex and get dick pics they wouldn't actively use an app for that?
It would be a bit gross if the dude was just trolling the streets for young naive messed up ladies, but they're actively signing up to seek him out. I dont know, forget about it, it's Chinatown

If I knew an American that used tinder to gently caress chicks and then intentionally acts like an rear end in a top hat so they ditch him I would call him a creepy exploitative loser too. How socially inept do you have to be to not see that?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

The sense I got from his stories is that he'd actually be quite happy to have a normal healthy relationship but everyone he meets ends up turning out extremely crazy, so it's easier to just turn them off him rather than go through the drama and potential stalking of "breaking up"

There's a saying, "When everyone you meet is an rear end in a top hat, you're the rear end in a top hat."

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

Are you always such a loving bummer FBR?

Only in the presence of disgusting thin skinned whiny chumps.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

Says the guy who strolls in the thread with weak loving platitudes about everyone else in here. Earlier when I had a question about handling a coworker, I was acting like she's retarded. Now we are here.

You were. I called you out on it and told you communicate honestly like an adult. Sorry if that threw you into a fit.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Haier posted:

Oh yeah, I finally had a white person on Facebook delete me for posting something about Chinese education. She thought I was being racist for talking about its flaws, along with Face culture. It wasn't even this-thread level of talk. I take it as a compliment. Triggering white Americans seems to be my thing lately.

That's my thing actually.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
There is a certain art to sarcasm in Japanese, Like if you talk to a drunk guy on the subway as if he were an emperor it will get a laugh.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

That is some goddamn impressive commitment to an authentic Venice cafe experience,

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

THE PWNER posted:

Literally Every Country would have turned out the same with a similar policy. We are all disgusting misogynists.

Especially the USA. gently caress, the USA is a backwater shithole. I wonder if the US people posting about how much they hate China in this thread realise that everyone else in the world sees them in the same way.

Expecting self awareness from a bunch of losers that flew half way around the planet just so they could get laid without girls laughing at their dick is a bit of a pipe dream.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

nomad2020 posted:

Curious as to why our resident Australien pulled out his wicked Spanish skills.

V- Not surprising you'd sympathize with the criminals.

Who are the criminals in your opinion?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

this is a stickup posted:

that's correct, but I meant the "foreigner steal our women!" idea, which exists in all three of those places without the one child policy

You know that happens in every country on the planet, right? Like how oblivious do you have to be...

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Stringent posted:

out of curiosity can you cite an incidence of this happening in the united states? i'd genuinely like to see it if you can.

It was literally illegal for non whites to marry white people for the majority of the United States' history you loving moron.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

THE PWNER posted:

Had to be really stealthy with these pics - I live in a Chinese ethnic enclave and did not want to be accused of un-Chinese activities. Contrary to what I've been told here, Chinese women, at least outside of China, do not date white men, only other Chinese.

What are they planning? Does the scrolling electronic sign say "Breed more Chinese. Take Over?"

Maybe they just don't date total loving idiots. Tough luck buddy.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

THE PWNER posted:

I have a Chinese girlfriend and that was a joke. The entire post is a joke. I just want to know what the signs say. Just had to clear that up. I unironically want China to win the cold war with the US.

ok?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

THE PWNER posted:

Please don't report me to the triads or whatever

I won't bring it up the next time we do KTV.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Third World Reggin posted:

I have a girlfriend with chinese characteristics

You should probably get tested.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Fromage posted:

To expand for anyone who doesn't know, the anti-gay stuff in China (and Korea and Japan) is actually a western import. Historically being gay was entirely acceptable as long as you did a few things. As a man, your responsibility to the family was to have a male child. You had to get married and produce a boy. As long as you did this, anything you did in your private life was your own business and completely irrelevant. So if you were a gay man, you could have an actual loving relationship with another man so long as you also produced the required male child for your family. The couples in China today where two gays and lesbians get straight married and have a kid to make the families shut the gently caress up and then have their actual relationships outside the legal ones? That's a long tradition here.

In Korea the anti-gay stuff mainly came with Christianity, since Korea's heavily Christian and a lot of those are crazy evangelicals.

This is called homophobic apologia in case you are wondering.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I googled that and I don't understand the results, and a tumblr blog was result #3 (probably won't learn anything useful with that). Please explain what you mean.

Are you not literate? Apologia is a word that one can look up the definition of.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
You guys honestly don't see Chinese people as equal humans to yourself. It's loving disgusting. You are all pathetic sacks,

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

do it on my face posted:

Dear Goonhouse, I never thought it would happen to me, but...

Slightly overdramatising things, but my father has just informed me that one of my nieces is considering teaching English in the mainland and he's after any advice I can pass on to her. My knee-jerk response would be DON'T thanks to this thread, but I figure I can at least try and provide something more constructive. Anyone got any sage advice or better alternative countries for teaching english in?

I would tell her not to take advice from an idiot that takes advice from other idiots on the internet.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Atlas Hugged posted:

Or she could not. We don't need more people who have no idea what they're doing teaching English in third world countries.

Personally i think china could use more adventurous, brave, female teaching talent and less fat balding white losers who travel half way across the planet because they can't get laid at home. At least one of the two doesn't engender deep seated resentment among the local populace.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

It's kind of like the most natively spoken language in the world though? Do you literally lack any foresight whatsoever? In CA they have primary schools that teach kids English, Spanish, and Chinese concurrently.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fojar38 posted:

Tell me more about When China Rules The World

I mean it's just basic observation. Maybe learning the most popular native language on the planet might confer certain advantages. Is that really so hard for you to grasp? Perhaps if they explained it in a listicle or in a huffington post article it would be at your reading level. If you're lucky, trump tv will take a crack at it.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fojar38 posted:

The ability to commune with 6-700 million chinese peasants is definitely a valuable skill for your average American student

Yes? That's how you get employed. By having skills.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

It may come as a huge surprise to you, but skilled labor is more valuable than unskilled labor. Your employer not withstanding given the government subsidy they get for hiring you as a mental deficient in need of a job.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fojar38 posted:

You didn't argue this from the standpoint of "any new skill is a good thing." You based your argument on "it has the most speakers in the world!" when that doesn't do a single goddamn thing for its usefulness when almost all those speakers are confined to one country with little to no contact with the outside world and have an income below 5k a year.

lol.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
How dare you fact check his retarded statements! Don't you realize how embarrassing that is for you?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fojar38 posted:

if you learn chinese because it's the world's most spoken language you're a giant loving idiot, hth

Maybe saying moronic poo poo every time you post is actually what makes one look like an idiot?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
He's so loving mad at being made a fool it's hilarious.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Don't meltdown so hard. It's just a popular language. I'm sure it wasn't only Chinese men that had sex with your mother for money so you could eat.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fojar38 posted:

Truly you are the puppet master, and I the mere puppet

Don't give yourself so much credit. You don't have anything to offer even as a puppet.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fojar38 posted:

by 2050 china will have a GDP thrice the size of the US and EU combined; mandarin will be the new global lingua franca and all culture, science, and diplomacy will be conducted in it; by learning it now, I'll be way ahead of the curve!

I have no doubt that you read and take seriously pop-economy articles in the new york post.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
You can't expect gringos to not be completely oblivious to the outside world. It's in their nature. They can't help it. Most of them, honest to god, think slavery has ended. Seriously.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

THE PWNER posted:

A meltdown: talking about things without being an anglo exceptionalist.

I'm pretty sure he has an exceptional BMI.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Away all Goats posted:

It is kinda weird how adverse Americans are to learning another language

It goes against the idea of American exceptionalism that is ingrained since birth.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
White apologia never gets old.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JaucheCharly posted:

How come nobody ever posts bad things about Taiwan?

One time I had a mango there that wasn't the best I've ever had in my entire life. Just the once though.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Let us English posted:

実は、物理学を教えています。

You know this is the chinese thread and not the weeaboo thread, right?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JaucheCharly posted:

Still worse than German? Danke.

And yes.

To a certain extent Chinese writing actually is intentionally obtuse and hard to learn. That's why they invented simplified Chinese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Atlas Hugged posted:

Nah traditional is where it's at.

It's easier to type using bopomofo at least.

• Locked thread