Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zwabu posted:

Plus, all the alt right signposts are really easy to spot and label the person as someone to avoid who doesn't deserve your attention or respect. Green frogs, red MAGA hats, use of CUCK and SJW, incorporating deplorable into a username.

These people stick the fluorescent yellow dunce hats onto themselves.

Their arrogance and entitlement fostered from their echo chambers has left them incapable of the level of empathy necessary to see just how ridiculous and horrible they come off to others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Freep Model Employer posted:

To: Olog-hai

Never fire someone for coming out as gay, for wearing a headscarf, or for any other “protected” action. The only reasons for firing are documented performance or cutbacks. I recommend documenting the performance flaws once you decide to fire, and never mentioning the real reason. Better yet, document poor performance and cut their hours until they quit.

The same is true for hiring. Even if you’re a nice person, and even if you hope honest feedback would help the applicant, never ever tell someone why they were not hired. There are too many parasitic applicants who will find a greedy lawyer if you give them any ammunition at all.

"Those greedy leeches suing innocent white people just for being harassed and denied employment for thanks to our bigotry! Why can't they be kind enough to take our abuse for no reason with a smile?!" :argh:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

I know hypocrisy is Freep's native tounge and projection is what they du best, but the guys who spen every waking moment identifying themselves solely as "good, honest" white Christians and labeling everyone else by race/gender/religion and promising violent revolution if the Orange One fails acting all worried that those muderous Others will live out their fantasies as suddenly a negative in the same sentence never ceases to amaze me.

How do you reach such a level of hatred and willful lack of self awareness?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

We'll see who's doing the rioting in November. 93% says it's gonna be you

Ya know, I still don't know why democrats are viewed as weak on terrorism since the worst attack by a landslide took place under Republican rule and more service members died by a landslide to violent muslims under Republican rule. They've been screeching this "take are guns destroy america" for eight years, when was Obama planning to do this?

"Obviously that dastardly Obama was stopped by the heroic efforts of brave Congressman MiGui, champion of the silent majority of True America: East Nowhere, Pennsytucky. Those attacks under Republican rule were just rare events. The lesser evil to the ultra terror that was clearly prevented by all that Republican belligerence and noble torture.Those nasty DemonRats have undermined us all with a deceptively small number of attacks that were clearly the most damaging ever because Fox News won't stop talking about them. The Usurper is so dedicated to his deep cover America destruction plan that he'd sacrifice all those fellow Muslims to keep his cover. We right thinking white men must murder everyone aiding his corruption in the most horrible way possible because that's what heroes do."

The world functions according to one specific narrative for Freep where they are the heroes who do no wrong beset on all sides and they will do whatever feat of logic twisting it takes to force reality to fit in that square hole. Even if it means writing fantasies of an infant being raped by their imagined enemy to descredit a dissenting voice in their minds.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Oh my god, some no poo poo freeper :derp: is so good. So, so good.

It's started to sink in to them that they're going to get crushed again, isn't it? They're pre-souring them grapes.

I think the posts that whine "No fair focusing on what Trump actually said or did!! LIBERAL CONSPIRACY, THE FIX IS IN!!!@" are my favorites.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What a retard. That "to be fair" is the biggest lie the world has ever seen

Well if every person besides them just did their part and fixed every single problem, then the world would be a much better place. Since, as mighty white Christian cis straight old Republican men, have to suffer the existence of and have the difficulty of enlightening all those lessers, they are exempt from having to ever work on such a matter.

It's the only fair thing.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

Y'All Qaeda was acquitted because white conservative privilege. Freep thread only has one post and is still developing: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3485750/posts#comment

This is going to be an especially insufferable evening in Freepland. They got to see their dream succeed and now know that the rules don't apply to mighty white men like them.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

They're going to drag Comey in for a full day of hearings about three e-mails they already had.

Tremendous.

I know that he'll just walk off to a career as a lobbyist or pundit after this, but watching his own side turn on him in their zeal to have something to yell about Clinton to make up for their failures is almost, kind of like karma.

I'm really surprised that the Bundy's crew getting off isn't being talked about more. It would be perfect for Freepers to about-face and return to worshiping them as heroes doing what they claim they want to.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

"It's only fair after all those dead people voting for the DemonCraps!!!" :downs:

What I want to see is them justifying Trump calling for his supporters to kneel before Putin as he has despite repeatedly claiming he has no relationship with Russia and that his "strong leadership" will be so "tough" on them?

I mean, we all know that they will twist themselves in logical knots to bow before their lord and master, but what specific arguments will they pull out of their asses to deny the decades of Cold War paranoia they were brought up under?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Aaronicon posted:

That sort of delusion I'm prepared for. Even expectant, from a freeper / right-wing loon. But that one's not only new to me, it's on a level of insanity that honestly leaving me boggled.

Racism? Fine. Bigotry? Sure. Being a hateful, spiteful gently caress? All par for the course for the freep thread. I can't believe that believing oil is somehow poo poo out from the centre of the Earth in some magical endless supply is the thing that makes the freeper thought processes seem alien to me.

We are talking about people who seriously believe the idea that the Large Hadron Collider was the seat of Satanic rituals. Science and facts in general are foreign concepts to them.

They live in a magical world in which everything that confuses or scares them is pure evil sent to tempt them, the pure ones which gives them the responsibility to hurt everyone else for being impure.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

I like how even if their hosed up reality was true, where roaming blacks are murdering pure innocent white people all over the country, the idea of a random white guy being bad is just inconceivable.

Fathis Munk posted:

It's great how they all give this dude the benefit of the doubt saying he didn't do nothing before all this.

The guy saying that he suddenly wondered why everyone assumed this guy did it, without any real proof, had killed me with irony.

:rip: me.

What gets me is that they seemed so excited to have another reason to spew their usual hatred of all darker than milk, but then immediately seemed to short circuit when him being their kind of white trash came out. "How could a white guy ever do anything violent?" "Why is the media talking about crazy white guys so much" they ask when they demand every white man be armed and call for genocide on a regular basis. They have no idea how to handle it when this guy came up so they spew a variety of excuses to avoid ever having to *gulp* learn form something.

McGlockenshire posted:

From Universities work to purge male students of their ‘toxic’ masculinity posted by freeper rktman

The article is lovely right wing pseudo-clickbait wrapped up in a US flag woven from pure anti-feminist outrage. Toxic masculinity is a real thing, and it has a number of thematic similarities to the purity test echo chamber mindset of freep. It's the kind that tells you that you aren't a real man if you talk about your emotions, or if you admit you're in pain, or if you aren't tall with a perfect body, or if you aren't a domineering rear end in a top hat to others, or if you don't walk around with a sense of false bravado, etc, etc. Unfortunately the nuances of what's toxic about some things society considers masculine get completely lost under the label, so it's really easy for people that don't understand it to hate it immediately because it can easily be painted as "all masculinity is toxic."

Old white men who go on perpetual tirades about how everything scares them deciding they can lecture anyone on masculinity is always hilarious.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 2, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

From The Conservative Case for Voting for Clinton (David Frum votes for the Witch) posted by freeper bkopto

I love that they continue to call into doubt the "real"ness of these long-time right wing pundits.

Same. They see an example of someone actually sticking to those conservative principles they rant about and reject it out of hand because it doesn't kiss up to their hateful demagogue or hurt everyone else enough.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Haha, I didn't notice but you're so right.

Also I still can't stand them touting their adherence to Christian morals and then screaming for the blood of immigrants and the end of welfare.

Self-righteous hatred and excusing any behavior of all who claim to be believers are the core of modern evangelicalism.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Well yeah but I'd argue they aren't following the Christian values they claim they are.

No true Christian I guess.

Hypocrisy is another pillar of modern evangelicalism and modern conservativism.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

DeusExMachinima posted:

:trumppop:

Gawd daaaaayum you really struck gold with this one. Some of them are really, literally, straight-up explicitly saying that only a majority white country can be good.

This is Freep. They've been very open about their views on hatred of those miserable subhumans taking what they stole and killed for themselves, then crying that people dare claim that whites could possibly be racist.

chitoryu12 posted:

They fear becoming a minority because they're afraid that if they do, they'll get treated like they were treating minorities.

Their greatest fear is being on the receiving end of what they demand for everyone else. They cannot comprehend the idea of anybody being less of a horrible person than they are. Since they are "good people" everyone else has to be worse than them, meaning they are fully justified in everything they do. If GOOD MEN like them totally justifiably demand murder, what would those savage blacks do to innocent, pure whites like them?!!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

"None the less I voted straight ticket Rep every single time and fully backed them no matter how monsterous, incompetent, or perverted they were"

I love it, "civil wars will be started by those with nothing to lose, loving poors"
Following is eight pages of every freeper demanding to go to war because a Clinton is being elected

Obummer is trying to settle refugees in America so they can live in peace. "He's a warmonger for that while I, the one demanding we should kill and go to war and back the most tyranical, idiot leader we could possibly find am just a peaceful American"
Motherfucker, I know it's freep and ll, but jesus Christ. A guy trying to offer a home for people fleeing war is a warmonger while assholes calling everything an act of war and itching to see one start are just decent americans...this is some high level what the fuckery

There is no such thing as a peaceful Muslim or brown skinned person in general in Freepland, so Obama is just bringing millions of enemy combatants and it is their duty to abuse and murder them until old white people have less anxiety. Freep's definition of "decent" is "hurts everything I dislike so I won't be so scared."

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Good Lord, it's happened. They've gotten so detached from reality that they don't even have to twist words or listen to right wing myths to support their horrible beliefs anymore. Now they can just imagine that the enemy is made of baby eating monsters by pretending they are just speaking in code to hide it and assume that this is evidence in and of itself. This is beyond conspiracy theories, those at least have some "logic" behind them. This is the ultimate justification for any of their hatreds or fears without the need for reality or reason of any sort.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 4, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

Exactly. It is incomprehensible to them that perhaps after decades of being treated like trash by the white majority, that the collective minority bloc in this country might not do the same to them once the tables are turned.

This is what's at the heart of all of their fears.

The idea that anyone could be a better person than they are always sails over their heads.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

If they're already at "Satsnic pedopile cult" and "super rigged election on all levels" what's left for them when results come in?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

Why would they use codewords for emails they dont expect outsiders to see?

Liberals are like Snidely Whiplash: they have to be as cartoonishly evil at all times even when noble conservatives aren't looking. It's sad, really.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

I want these bastards to cling to life just long enough to see themselves become a minority

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Kavak posted:

It started well before Obama. Here's POTUSHead's summary of Freep history from 2010:

Tonelok's post:

A brief history of Freep really puts their hatred and complete lack of principles in perspective.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Watching their fragile little psyches just shatter as they look for someone, anyone to blame is both hilarious and horrifying to watch. These are some of the most repulsive men possible and the fall of their idol has put their twisted little souls are on display for all to see.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Annointed posted:

I honestly hope they die knowing they screwed themselves over alone and afraid.

They will never admit such a thing. Trump could start WWIII and they would still worship the ground he oozes on.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

When it comes to politics people's memories shut down completely. Generally they really honestly never noticed before but now that someone just shows up and goes "HEY EVER NOTICE THAT..." they take it as fact because, well, they never noticed.

These are people who have been long trained to ignore any facts that could possibly interfere with their rigid worldviews. Anyone independent enough to think critically about something that would dare question their narrative is either beaten into line or cast out. No, they cannot notice something like that and hate anyone who would.

SocketWrench posted:

Unfortunately we have a lot of loving retarded people that can vote, as this election shows. If anything it's evidence that public schooling needs to be better funded and improved on.

Well, to everyone except the crazy assholes that think if something isn't perfect you scrap the whole thing. And I blame religion for that

That guy's tag line
And yet he voted for every Republican since he was legal

Given the robber barons, anti-intelligence bastards, and bigots Cheeto Benito is appointing without any real opposition I doubt that improvement in public education is coming for at least 30 years. If anything has been proven, the only hope for lasting improvement is that white people stop being the majority all too soon. If not, then the republicans will always be able to convince them to slit their own throats so long as they promise to hurt minorities even more.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 4, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

At least one country is resisting this wave of mindless white rage.

Deptfordx posted:

I had to step away from the thread for a couple of weeks.

I'm curious, did anyone on Freep notice that Paul Ryan is hoping to take their precious Medicare behind the Capitol building and give it the Ol' Yeller treatment?

Don't worry. Trump-sempai promised them something YUGE to replace it that will come at some unspecified date in the distant future possibly unless mean old Demoncraps interfere with his brilliance to give money to those filthy non-whites.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 5, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

Nah Paul Ryan's plan is just to take it away from everyone under 55, so Gen X and younger can go die, boomers get to pass through old age as they passed through life: pampered recipients of huge payouts from their parents and their children, voting to give themselves more and more and gently caress their kids forever on the way out.

So naturally, he will face no backlash since the old farts that do vote in elections that could unseat rear end in a top hat like him will be satisfied while bitching about those "young snowflakes" demanding handouts instead of bootstrapping.

Fathis Munk posted:

Pizzagate dude said he went to the pizzeria to "self investigate". By pointing his gun at an employee.

What loving world are we living in jfc.

It's only going to get worse since Trump will rely on all the horrible conspiracy theories to keep them from realizing just how badly he's robbing them.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

This may be one of my favorites. "Why didn't the government put a security camera pointed at the restaurant if they thought this would happen? False flag!"

You just know that if they did, it would be "Why was there a security camera pointing exactly at the restaurant just in time for a guy to walk in with a rifle? False flag!"

At this point, the Freepers and their ilk could excuse Trump walking their families into gas chambers as part of the evil Demoncrap false flag against pure conservatism.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

It reminds me of the documentary about the Wisconsin recall election, where the creators follow some Republican union workers and veterans.

One lady is a schoolteacher who just doesn't know what to do (and never does reveal whom she voted for in the recall) because she knows she's absolutely going to get hosed when Walker destroys her union and her benefits but "Republicans are supposed to be for the people, why is this happening I'm not one of the lazy moochers on handouts" and "but if I vote for the Democrat they'll fund abortion".

The other is a woman who works in a veteran's hospital, which is also going to be destroyed, and she registers her non-voting Confederate-flag waving husband to vote for the first time: "I can't believe I finally get you to vote and it's for a drat Democrat." At least that couple figures some poo poo out, but it's so so depressing watching people struggle with "but my team is the good guys" versus "I will literally die if my team wins" :smith:

I know. So many live in this bizarre mental cage where they can see that they are destroying themselves voting for men who do not care about them at all, but cannot imagine breaking the "values" that have been beaten into their heads enough to deviate from their tribalist mindset until they simply have no other choice. Especially this year where it seemed that white people around the nation decided to elect a man who personifies everything wrong with corporations and US culture in general either out of misguided hope that he'd revive their dead jobs, the willful misleading of our media, or just to protect their old white privilege a little longer. They keep on making the same terrible mistakes, being victimized by monsters, but unable to open their minds enough to consider doing otherwise, especially when they are warned about it.

Now we all have to suffer for their foolishness.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

This thread is becoming depressing since we've now seen that their horrible opinions have so much more power than we ever expected.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

This thread is pretty therapeutic to me, since it for some reason feels better that at least part of the answer is people who are ill informed and sort of stupid, rather than it being a matter of some outright greed or evil. It is not very clear why, as it seems we would have more hope stamping out calculated evil than we would ever have of solving people being uninformed, but it does still help.

Calculated evil has enough self-interest to realize that the nation needs to be at least somewhat functional for them to prey on. Zealotry, hatred, and stupidity will gladly cut off their own nose to spite their face while neither realizing or caring about the effects. Combine that with the easy in spreading those and difficulty stamping them out so long as a scapegoat exists and you see them doing much, much more damage in the long run.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

This is what kills me though. At that point some form of government should be stepping in or we should be finding a way to get healthcare without a need for insurance. Instead freep wants to ditch health care so we can continue this insurance bullshit

With all things here, it seems that Freep always demands the action in which someone other than them will be hurt no matter the cost. They forever demand that the world suffer under the hands of their favorite bullies so they can take the fear of impending death wrenching their wretched souls out on the entire world.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

With how much Freep talks about the liberal war on Christianity and churches, it's pretty amusing to see them literally say that churches should be bulldozed, Christians jailed, and churches lose their tax exempt status.

Jesus got swapped with the money changers long, long ago in conservatism.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, if memory serves, the dutch are very liberal when it comes to society and patriotism over there is painting your face orange at a soccer match, not arming yourself with all the rifles and ammo you can to march around proclaiming racism, intolerance and hate are the way of the future while making yourself look like a dolt.

Is this referring to the US or Holland?
If it's Holland, yeah right, that's gonna be a five minute long war where your "alt right" dutch people shout something at everyone else and then they go about their day

If it's to the US, what the gently caress, dude, you guys won the election and control all three branches, deal with it. Even when they win they cry about wanting a new revolution and being oppressed

Freep are purestrain authoritarians. It's not enough to win. They must silence all dissent in the most violent manner possible. There can be no disagreements of any sort and all must serve their desires no matter how contradictory they may be.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Covok posted:

Which is why they are so easy to rile up. Since they can give no quarter on any issue, simply having an opposing opinion is enough to get them into a rage. I see it all the time when I troll /pol/. They won the election, more than anyone else as they just wanted to troll the establishment. But they're so authoritarian that simply showing you have an opposing view point sends them into a rage. They are currently trying to do meme Rogue One into ruin because the lead actress described herself as a feminist. Their stances are so hardline that they actually collapse in on themselves. They still defend Trump because he hasn't been incharge long enough to gently caress them and they just want liberal rage. When Trump either fucks them over personally or they get screwed over enough that liberal being mad isn't enough, they'll turn on him because of how much quarter (see: "that plays well before the election -- now we don't care") he gives on everything.

With all groups this extremist, they can only function with a clear enemy. With a clear enemy, they'll unite into a terrifying force, suppressing any individuality and ignoring all pain until the enemy is either driven before them, or they are broken by superior firepower. If they don't have someone to direct all their hate on, they cannot ignore subtle differences in each other and start eating themselves. It's why people riding these groups to power always look for some new enemy to point at and pretend to be persecuted. It doesn't matter who the enemy is or how terrible the "offense," just that they can be the convenient target to keep the base riled up long enough to ignore all the pain the leaders are inflicting on them. Even the most obvious conman is accepted with pride so long as he gives them someone else to blame and hate. It's like a drug to these people: an addicting, empowering feeling that deadens their reason completely, but requires ever increasing dosages for the same high.

It's why the Republicans absolutely need their massive propaganda networks and why they will always decry the media as having a "liberal bias" even if it bends over backwards to give them elections by spewing all their gibberish as merely "controversial". Eternal rage blinding so much of the populace is the ticket to unending power, but it must always be redirected lest it consume them. Trouble is, that they depended on it so much that when a more exciting liar came about, he managed to steal all their dupes away, forcing them to kowtow to him for their power.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

^ Somehow it never makes itself clear to freep that much like nuking the vatican, nuking the kaaba is just going to piss them all off so instead of a few extreemists you're up against the whole of Islam.
If the country was run by freep it'd be a nuclear wasteland within an hour of them taking the reins

I like it, honestly. It's decorative and pretty without being gaudy while being very subdued in color, like there's just enough to make it eye pleasing.

They hate and fear complexity even more than brown skin. The Enemy is all one monolithic block of pure evil with unlimited power. Nobody could really disagree with them, so they must all be agents of the Enemy. Since the Enemy is a cartoonish villain, all they have to do is blow up the biggest thing related to them. That will kill the Enemy's evil forces and bring about the pure, noble rule of whatever Freep believes in this week. The only reason that hasn't happened is because the Enemy has infested society too highly and/or those filthy foolish pussy LIEberal snowflakes are to weak and stupid to take the smart option.

So yeah, they would bring about nuclear armageddon in a week if they had their way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Well it matters in that he threw away the usual dogwhistles that are blown towards the rabid right and fed them raw meat. Now that they've been explicitly catered to by the person now in charge, they fully expect him to follow through on what he said, and if/when he doesn't there will be consequences. For most it'll be the usual disappointment of having tossed Br'er Rabbit back into the briar patch once again, some will move onto the next false idol who promises them the moon and the stars, and that'll be fine. But what's worried me are the ones who will decide that enough is enough and they'll take matters into their own hands, such as the nut who showed up at the DC pizza place fully armed. It only takes a couple of small scale incidents to really create mass panic if done right, and once poo poo gets out of control who knows where'll stop?

Trump will drag his feet, blame minorities, and try to hand off all work to his minions when his followers turn to terrorism. Especially if non white people are the victims. I doubt he knows or cares that his base could really cause damage because he assumed they were like his other victims: easily riled up, then disposable. He thinks that he'll be able to just tell them to do his bidding and keep worshipping him. That they could do something that would be tied to him never entered his mind. He expects that his sheer power will let him solve all problems and continue to never face consequences.